The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2005, 09:56 PM   #51
lowrider79

Give her a wash rag and a chammie to dry the truck off also tell her to take a shower so she doesn't make the cab smell like perfume. When she's actually riding in it turn up the radio.
lowrider79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #52
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

My wife loves the Burb and loves to ride in it. But I have always had a classic and she rode in classics when we were dating over 40 years ago. Huck, you were the guy I always worried about when my three daughters were dating. That was the father in me. I am a good size man and I always gave the boys the "look" when they came to the door. Of corse the girls did not like that but I did not care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck
When I was but a Lad-----condoms in the glove box, beer in the console with lots of ice and some weed stuck between the seat-----with music to win her over! Of course it kid of depended on which girlfriend as to what to go after first!!! It some cases, it was all of the above!! As my buddy used to say, if you go uguly early, you save money as "they" appreciate the attention and you don't have to use lot of other things!HEHEHEEHHE

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #53
Huck

"Huck, you were the kind of guy I worried about"--makes me proud!! Of course, turning 60 in November--it's mostly memories now buttttt----.
Actually, my love muffin has been great. The first few years she only saw my feet sticking out from under a 58 Impala. Occasionally she would jump right into helping me clean up a new acquasition by cleaning the interior and *****ing about why I would buy this "piece of s___" which is fair. She also avoids coming with me to swap meets which I also understand and appreciate. hehehehehhe (:>)
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #54
TP from Cntl PA

I haven't found a girl that would even get near mine...............Let alone drive it. The turbo and black smoke isn't exactly exciting in their eyes

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #55
Zonaman

Rule #1: She will never, ever really accept your truck.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.

Therefore, a few pointers when introducing the wife/girlfriend to the truck:

* ALWAYS refer to it as a masculine entity- Otherwise it quickly gets the scorn reserved for the "other woman" Remember, it's an inatimate object, therefore her claws will slice you up like a loaf of bread instead!

* If the wife/girlfriend is short, like mine (even if she isn't, it's the thought that counts) install an escalator on the passinger side.

* Lighted vanity mirror (one that reflects thinner than life) on her visor.

* Install a DVD that runs an endless supply of "chick flicks" in the glove box. BUT USE HEADPHONES! (For God's sake, save yourself, man!)

* All anniversary, birthday, "I'm sorry for spending the paycheck on the the truck" presents presented in the truck- Heck for that matter consider makeup sex in there too. As much poisitve association with the object of her ire as possible will help.

* Include a proviso in the pre-nups that the truck goes with you in preparation for the breakup. Invest in a camper for those "couch nights" as you wait for the inevitable.

*Fainally, never let my wife see this thread!

Last edited by Zonaman; 08-16-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Zonaman is offline   Reply With Quote