The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #51
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Re: 1 piece windows

Very cool.. I sure like the looks of those better than the ones with the little corner piece..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #52
fatboys69

I do to, still trying to decide if I want to run mirrors or not, and if so what style ( maybe early 60's Nova/Chevy II ) . Just not sure, but it sure is nice when the windows are down and the air is ROLLIN' IN !!! ( Got A/C but the system isn't charged yet ), but I like ridin' with the windows down and listining to the flowmaster !!
fatboys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #53
jkaylor68gmc

dewayne, going to cleveland? Looks like rain.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 7-inch lift on 35 Daily driver
2016 Chevy Tahoe Better halves ride
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #54
atp

Very interesting - I have considered trying them on a Blazer. I know they would be flimsy if rolled up with top off but should be fine with top on.
atp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #55
NWD02

Man, your windows look great!!! Plan on taking a trip to Houston soon?
NWD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #56
andrewmp6

Looks great most kits i seen have a small corner piece in the front these don't and looks better.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #57
NWD02

The kit with a triangle is from brothers

Last edited by NWD02; 09-28-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #58
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Looks great most kits i seen have a small corner piece in the front these don't and looks better.
I like this kit was better and it is what I will be installing on to my vehicle. I however have seen some say install takes a very long time but it is just understanding what needs to be done. I think some might be timid to cut into a nice truck.
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #59
NevadaDVX

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread in a search. I ordered a set of ventless side windows not knowing there were more than one company making them. I got the Brothers brand with the triangle. I thought that was kind of odd because I have not seen any pics of trucks with that piece in them.

Fortunately I havent started to install them yet and will be sending them back and getting One Piece versions instead. I just hope the vendor I dealt with will take them back. We never talked about brand, I just ordered them.
NevadaDVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #60
tonypaul

really like the windows, love the truck!!!!!!
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #61
rob32472

Guys research before you buy this kit! It was a nightmare for ebfabman to install this kit on my project..... It still is not perfect either.... They look great but operation is another thing?
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #62
NevadaDVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob32472 View Post
Guys research before you buy this kit! It was a nightmare for ebfabman to install this kit on my project..... It still is not perfect either.... They look great but operation is another thing?
Which kit do you have? I haven't read anything bad about the One Piece kit. Like I said, that is the kit I thought I was getting, but it turned out to be the Brothers kit.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #63
Mondo

I had mine installed over a year ago and they said it wasn't a big deal to install... I had to replace my window regulators recently as it got difficult to roll down in a couple places. But now it's perfect... couldn't roll up and down any easier and fits solidly all around the window. I have aftermarket doors and usually that's not a good deal when it comes to adjustments but so far so good. That's one thing about our trucks... not exactly high quality control back in the day.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #64
ebfabman

Mondo I think you have a great looking truck. Consider yourself lucky with the windows. If someone takes the time to read through all thats been said about the window kit you have they'll find there have been many problems. Its not just me, here is what another builder says.....

"I tried to get the OPP window kit to work in my truck ,but the kit was total junk! Nothing and I mean nothing worked right ,I ended up sending the kit back and getting a refund. It was one of the worst kits I've ever dealt with, stay with the vent windows you'll be glad you did IMO......"

This is from the builder of one of the most beautiful, well built trucks documented on this website. A search and a little time will find more. IMO I don't think acceptable operating power windows is even possible with this kit, too many compromises. This is of course my opinion, someone else may have a different experience but I won't hack up a good door shell and grind up a good door latch to try to make that kit work and thats what you'll have to do.
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #65
NevadaDVX

Well, my customer is pretty adamant about having the ventless glass. I have been doing some research, including going to each manufacturers site for their instructions. It appears that the Brothers kit is bit simpler than the OPP kit. But you cannot deny the cleaner look of the OPP without that triangular shaped piece in the front.

I have no doubt there will be issues with either kit, as is the case with most aftermarket modifications. But my customer is going after a super clean look and these will fill the bill.

One thing I thought was kind of cheesy with the OPP kit was the glue on scrapers, whereas the Brothers kit intall like the factory with metal clips. The OPP kit really likes to use 3m Weatherstrip Adhesive, including gluing the rear channel to the latch! That is ridiculous.

I do like how the OPP glass bolts onto the regulator. Anyway, does anyone have experience with BOTH kits? I am commited to using one or the other, and already have the Brothers kit, but at the time I ordered it, did not realize it had the triangle piece.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #66
NWD02

OPP kit is JUNK!!!! They need to work out all the issues before they mass sell the kit. I ordered one on the group buy on this forum. It was obvious it was just thrown together. Each side had different parts, parts were missing, I went by the instructions and installed them and they worked like crap! I took them out and attempted to send them back but would have really been out a lot of money. Shipping to me, shipping back to them, and 20% restock.... What a joke. If you have a problem or a question, good luck getting a call back. They look GREAT, especially on Mondo's truck, but the working order I had an issue with. If you can get someone else to install them and they have time to figure all the "extras" that have to be done to make them work, go for it!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #67
NevadaDVX

I called Wes at Classic Heartbeat where I bought the Brothers kit, and he pretty much talked me into sticking with them because they are proven, not to mention they look much easier to install. So, I will just paint the triangle the color of the truck and it should look ok. I'm surprised all the pics I have seen with the Brothers kit still show the triangle piece that zinc color it comes in.

Last edited by NevadaDVX; 11-23-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #68
rob32472

nwdo2 Amen brother.
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #69
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaDVX View Post
I called Wes at Classic Heartbeat where I bought the Brothers kit, and he pretty much talked me into sticking with them because they are proven, not to mention they look much easier to install. So, I will just paint the triangle the color of the truck and it should look ok. I'm surprised all the pics I have seen with the Brothers kit still show the triangle piece that zinc color it comes in.
I was wondering the same thing. NO pic I have seen with this kit has the triangle painted ot match
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #70
NevadaDVX

Yea, I would at least paint it black instead of leaving that zinc coating color.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #71
Rokcrln

On XXL's truck I took out the Aluminum triangle piece that came with the brothers kit and made one out of sheet steel and welded/molded it in place. Turned out slick and his windows worked great. I am thinking about the same kit for LowBuck to get rid of the very last little bit of wind noise. I did not notice it before adding my new door seal kit but now it is the vents that have that little bit of wind noise left. But I must say just adding the double seal kit made a world of difference and if a 1 pc kit will get rid of the last 5% than it might be worth it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #72
Mondo

Sorry to hear about others problems.

I can't defend them one way or the other as I didn't do the install, the body shop did. What's easy to them could very likely be difficult for us (I know it would be for me).
Just wanted people to know that they can work as claimed... on some trucks... with some doors...

As far as contact, I had a pretty good conversation with a tech before buying (perhaps those interested should do the same) and when I called about parts due to replacing the regulators I got right thru to the guy.

Not trying to kiss up to them; I have no interest in the company or anything. Just giving my experience as compared to others.

I know this doesn't make it any easier for those trying to choose.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:04 AM   #73
OARNGESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
sorry to hear about others problems.

I can't defend them one way or the other as i didn't do the install, the body shop did. What's easy to them could very likely be difficult for us (i know it would be for me).
Just wanted people to know that they can work as claimed... On some trucks... With some doors...

As far as contact, i had a pretty good conversation with a tech before buying (perhaps those interested should do the same) and when i called about parts due to replacing the regulators i got right thru to the guy.
C
not trying to kiss up to them; i have no interest in the company or anything. Just giving my experience as compared to others.

I know this doesn't make it any easier for those trying to choose.
just curious if you dont mind how much was the install how any hours did they charge you for
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #74
Mondo

I think I paid around $300 (it was part of the paint job so kind of fuzzy). I copied the instructions from their website and gave it to the shop for an estimate. That would be my suggestion so they have a good idea of what's expected.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #75
NevadaDVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
On XXL's truck I took out the Aluminum triangle piece that came with the brothers kit and made one out of sheet steel and welded/molded it in place. Turned out slick and his windows worked great. I am thinking about the same kit for LowBuck to get rid of the very last little bit of wind noise. I did not notice it before adding my new door seal kit but now it is the vents that have that little bit of wind noise left. But I must say just adding the double seal kit made a world of difference and if a 1 pc kit will get rid of the last 5% than it might be worth it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Kevin, thanks for the info. When I get to that point with my customers truck, I may do something similar. It sounds like it would clean it up a bit.

Don