The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
70cstjr

Feb. 09 Update...Project Circuit Rider

Ok...I am going to try to start this thread for my father since I am a good son. My father can give all the background he wants but I'm just going to give the picture book version of the truck being transformed. My father is not mechanically inclined, so we found a great guy to do it for us not far away. The project started almost a year ago (Jan-08) and it should be done just after christmas...So here is what she looked like before she was taken to the shop.

70cst (Dad) Update...
I was initially looking for a 1954-55 Chevy truck like the one my dad had when I was growing up and I sold for $150.00 about 30 years ago. I had been on the site for about 6 months so I was aware of the 67-72 Trucks and which ones were more desirable...meaning the fully optioned trucks. On a Tuesday night in Nashville I picked up a Truck Trader and saw an ad for a 70cst with all the bells and whistles for $2400. I went out and looked at it and soon we (70cstjr and I) were driving it home to Ohio. What an experience. At the 1st fill up the starter went out. Oh well.
That was back in 2000. Last Jan. we took it in for a transformation. It will be stock except for some mechanical improvements. Someday...just before I hit the wheelchair I will give the pink slip to 70cstjr. Until then...it's all mine.

Here is the truck as brought back from Celina Tn. Still has original paint.

The original 402BB. Yum Yum.

Did I say it was a CST 402BB?

The interior...Buckets, dash package, and factory A/C! Life is good!!!

Last edited by 70cst; 12-06-2010 at 12:27 AM.
70cstjr is offline   Reply With Quote