The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
mrods72

Project: My Turn, First thread

This is my first thread, hope I'm doing this right? Just to get yall up to date, I purchased this 1972 C20 from my grandfather about 5 years ago, it was his daily driver for about 25 years. I remember as a kid riding in the passenger seat going camping with the fifth wheel hooked up and the boat behind it. When my dad told me my grandad was thinking of selling it I picked up the phone and called my grandparents, within a few days I was picking it up. It had a tired 350 and needed some cleaning so I replaced the motor and detailed the underhood. Decided to lower it so I replaced all the springs with bags then added some 22 inch wheels. I took it to many car shows over the years and cruised it as much as possible, then I got bored of it and parked the 72 in my garage. I originally didn't want to cut it up, but I love riding low and this truck will be killer on the ground. I have been collecting parts for a while and decided to start on My Turn. I have to thank my buddy Brandon for the name, I have been talking to him and couldn't figure out a build name and he came up with My Turn since its my turn with the truck. Love it. I have a brand new 500hp small block to go in, along with a fresh 700r4. I purchased a used 2003 chevy 2500 rearend, which is being narrowed as we speak for the new Intro Twisted Vista 8s 22x10 with 4" backspace. I have a dropped crossmember going in from airbagit also with all 3/4 ton suspension. I will keep posting as many pictures as I can.
Attached Images

mrods72 is offline   Reply With Quote