The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
dukes72

Project: "Out of Retirement" 67 SWB, ls5.3

It's been about 5 years since I've done a build. In fact I sold my 69 swb Chevy to make payroll for my business I had recently started. T
I told myself when my business and life stabilized I get back in it. Well after two kids and building a really great steel fabrication business it's time to get back to my roots and build another old truck.
My first truck was a 54 Chevy that my dad I restored when I was 16. I drove that through college and then bought a 68 camaro. I built a daily driver pro touring car, with a 6.0 ls and six speed. I built the business Touring Classics around this car. We sold big brake kits. I've owned a 69 longbed, 70 shortbed, 71 shortbed, I had 72 2wd blazer which I sold to gringo loco.
So I set out to find a swb 67-72 and found an original farm truck in north Texas. It had rust in the usual spots but overall was in great shape. We've been working on it over the last few months and have made some good progress. The plans are
5.3 ls motor
Early classics 4.5/6 static drop
20" gunmetal coys, 295/40 and 245/45
Basic retro exterior. Nothing too crazy. Just simple and clean
Custom stainless tank, not aftermarket

This should be fun. I've always built projects in my garage with limited tools. I now have a 15000 sqr ft metal fabrication shop with all the fun stuff. Ir cnc plasma, shear, press brake, iron worker mig and tig welders. One of my employees who is helping me after hours went to wyotech and is helping with the body work. I'll post some pics of the progress.
I love this board! I have already learned so much in the research I have been doing in the last few months.
Attached Images

dukes72 is offline   Reply With Quote