The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
'70_402

Quote:
just work together to get a solution, and THINK before you start badmouthing vendors in the hopes that it will yield a quick solution to your problem.

Well said.........

Last edited by '70_402; 04-19-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Hey, Frank.. Do some of these post sound familiar?? (he'll know what I mean.)

Mr. 17 year old,, You type on here over and over that you're 17, Is that supposed to give you preference???? ( Welcome to the real world Dude!)
I don't know anyone on this board that doesn't work for the money to buy parts ( locally or Mail order) for their trucks.. I do Side work for my toy money.

I think 4 months is a long time to wait for money on a refund, I have had to request refunds twice from UPS and neither one took any where near that. But I won't say it didn't because I wasn't involved.

And as stated here a few places,,,

CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY,,,,

They will pull the money out of the vendors account, It WILL NOT go into yours as a refund until YOU prove the vendor did wrong.. But it will be held by the credit card company. you will tell the company your side, and the Vendor or seller has the opportunity to tell his side. then the credit card company does the deciding.. But I can tell you from experience, If you didn't insure the spindles on return for enough money,,, You would have lost... That's voice of experience as a seller....
Old 04-19-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Did you actually pay the extra money to insure it for greater than 100 dollars?

The best thing you can do now is hit "edit" on your original post and then click the "delete" button.

Keep the drama off the board. Use the telephone, and keep your dirty laundry private.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

HEY, JUST WANTED 2 JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON, I SOLD 2 ROLLS
OF DYNAMAT 2 SUPERFLY68 ON LIKE 2/11/04 AND "FEDEX" LET A
PERSON A FEW DOORS DOWN FROM HIM SIGN FOR THEM AND YOU
GUESSED IT, THEY LOST HIS DYNAMAT, NOW I DID NOT INSURE IT
BECAUSE I HAD TO EAT THE SHIPPING, BUT THIS IS 4/19/04 AND
THEY JUST SENT ME A E-MAIL FRIDAY, AFTER CLAIM WAS FAX'D ON
3 SEPERATE OCASSIONS, AND SAID THEY WERE PROCESSING THE
CLAIM, I HOPE. ALL SHIPPING CO. HAVE PROBLEMS AND CLAIMS
FROM BILLION DOLLAR CO. TAKE FOREVER NO MATTER WHO U R.
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
Old 04-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #5
moneyguru

Quote:
Originally posted by 67pro-street
First of all, i didnt come on the board to post this message because Ed sent me the wrong year spindles. I understand that people make mistakes as i have made many myself. The reason why i brought this to the board is because i have been waiting 4 months for Ed to give me my refund. If any of you guys were in my shoes waiting for almost half a year to get $269 back, which for someone who is only 17 is a lot of money, then you would also be mad. And the reason why i decided not to get replacement spindles from ed was because i found cheaper ones at ECE. Also, if i did get replacement ones from Ed then i would have to wait for the spindles to be sent down to Florida, and then wait for new ones to be sent back up to washington and i really didnt have the time for that because soccer season was starting and soccer takes up all my weekends and free time, so i never would have been able to finish my truck until summer time. As for pickumup, i know all about supporting local vendors. In fact, i have dealt with WES numerous times. Maybe since you are doing so well in you business, you could get a website, or a catalog, or something that tells what you have at your store without having people drive all the way out there because most people dont have the time or the equipment (truck) to come all the way out there and get parts from you. The reason why i decided to go with Ed in the first place was because of all the good things people have said about him on this board. Maybe that is one of the reasons why i was so mad when it took him four months, and he still hasnt returned my money. Lastly, i re read my post that i wrote last night and it may have come off in a rude manner, but i was just pretty pissed off last night. I shouldnt have called Ed a scam-artist, but just put yourself in my shoes, and maybe you will understand where i am coming from.

1. When you buy parts mail order you run the risk of getting either a wrong part because you make a mistake or the retailer makes a mistake. You also run the risk of getting a part that was damaged during shipment. When a mistake is made there are guidelines outlined with each mailorder company on how they deal with the situation. One common rule is that you have to return the part to the seller in the condition you received it. If it is damaged during shipment you have to file a claim with the shipper. There are alot of companies that are completely hands off and if it arrives at your doorstep damaged expect you to contact the shipper and file a claim. What you have seen here is a company that was willing to go the extra mile and help you file th claim with UPS. Your complaint isn't with Mothertruckers, it's either with UPS (if you insured it) or with yourself (if you failed to insure it).

2. They were damaged by the shipper you hired (UPS), he did not owe you a refund. In fact he went out of his way to help you by working with UPS. Part of your responsibility is to get the part to the retailer in the condition it was received.

3. "And the reason why i decided not to get replacement spindles from ed was because i found cheaper ones at ECE."

What I read here is that you expected him to fix your problem (goods damaged by the shipper you hired) and at the same time you wanted to take business elsewhere? Sure doesn't seem like a fair trade does it?

4. "Also, if i did get replacement ones from Ed then i would have to wait for the spindles to be sent down to Florida, and then wait for new ones to be sent back up to washington and i really didnt have the time for that because soccer season was starting and soccer takes up all my weekends and free time, so i never would have been able to finish my truck until summer time."

So it is obviously more convenient to buy teh part from someone closer. unfortunately a refund can't be provided until the part is returned in the condition receive. With your shipper (UPS) damaging the part there is no refund available. If you had insured the spindles then UPS could have paid for the part and then a refund is due. What this means is that anything he does is out of the kindness of his heart, and willingness to compromise.

5. "Lastly, i re read my post that i wrote last night and it may have come off in a rude manner, but i was just pretty pissed off last night. I shouldnt have called Ed a scam-artist, but just put yourself in my shoes, and maybe you will understand where i am coming from"

Glad to see you may finally be realizing that your post was inappropriate. Unfortunately that type of learning can only come with age. Not trying to flame anybody at all, just enlighten.

Peace out!

Chris
Old 04-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #6
smitty62

A little off topic, but what do you guys think of a vendor that would PM someone to bad mouth a competitor? And on top of that his criticism is phoney? Just wondering.

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

Old 04-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #7
moneyguru

Oh their is a name for people like that:

A**h***S

Yup that's it!
Old 04-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

HEY SMITTY, HOW BOUT HANGIN EM. JUST MY $0.02 WORTH.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #9
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I have never had any dealings with Ed from mothertruckers but I have read that he is very reputable and a stand-up guy. I would have no problems dealing with him because the people that have spoken well about him I have known to be stand-up individuals as well. Another way to tell that Ed is a stand-up guy is that he handled this post in a professional manner. I don't know how I would have taken a flaming like this on a public forum.

I'm sure that 67- Pro Street has a legitamate beef but lets face it, we are all human and make mistakes. No one is an exception. Ed has to protect his investment as well being a vendor who deals with a big business middle man such as UPS and can not just give money away every time somebody claims that they had recieved a wrong or broken product or had not recieved it at all.

Small orders are one thing but when ordering $2000 dollars worth of parts it would be in your best interest to get insurance. You can pretty much be assured to get your money back even if it takes a few months.

Products that are sent through UPS are often times MANHANDLED by several individuals, some of which are not paid very well, work ridiculous hours and the such and really don't care how the packages get there and in what condition they get there. Packages will be dropped, misplaced and mishandled when being thrown in with large volumn shipments. I ordered a product from a company which used UPS for shipping and never recieved the item. It took UPS over a month and a few phone calls just for them to tell me that they could not find the package. They then told me that I had to track down the delivery number from the dealer and get it back to them. Talk about jumping through hoops. I'm not saying that UPS is bad either but they also make mistakes and are painfully slow at resolving their problems when something does go wrong.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)

Last edited by spencra; 04-20-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #10
COBALT

Quote:
A little off topic, but what do you guys think of a vendor that would PM someone to bad mouth a competitor? And on top of that his criticism is phoney? Just wondering.
I can make a guess who it is, but I'll refrain.

I think it's poor ethics and advertising to do something like that. That person obviously doesn't want to go through the effort to compete in a fair market. They take a very dishonest and personal approach to try and turn business their way (versus analyzing the market place and their advertising to try and improve their BUSINESS, which is where their attention should be - not on other people's businesses). Usually it will backfire in the long run, but in the short run they'll get enough business to think it's worth it.
Seattle, WA.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM   #11
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

I want in on this bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Bla bla bla bla bla blaa blaaaaaaa. End post. TTT. NOtice the type TTT
Old 04-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
Bluegoose972

Geez....What a negative thread!

How about something positive.....Anyone check out Pamela Anderson in the newest Playboy?

Come on boys....Focus your energies on something more worthwhile!
Old 04-19-2004, 07:02 PM   #13
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

BLUE GOOSE, GOT PIC'S ???
Old 04-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #14
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluegoose972
Geez....What a negative thread!

How about something positive.....Anyone check out Pamela Anderson in the newest Playboy?

Come on boys....Focus your energies on something more

worthwhile!
Yes sure is , but not anymore negative than the one on the Truck Shop ,and I don't believe they are board members and can give their side of the story.

I'll have to check out the latest Playboy if I ever get to the barber shop ,Thanks for the heads up.
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Old 04-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #15
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

What ever happen to the customer is always right?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #16
Cruiser71
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED

Hi everyone! I figured this would have been locked several hours ago!
Old 04-19-2004, 07:22 PM   #17
70cst

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
After reading all the responses to this thread the conclusion is?????

Old 04-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #18
68C10

I don't usually get involved in these discussions but I agree with Jeff (CPNE) 100%. I have dealt with Ed and he has always been a stand up guy who bent over backwards to make things right.
Those of us who have been around for a while understand that **** happens. What seperates the good guys from the bad is how they deal with it.
South Plainfield, NJ
Old 04-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #19
canadianchevy72

What happened to our big happy family
Old 04-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #20
pissonNOS

Quote:
Originally posted by 67Fleetsidedream
What ever happen to the customer is always right?
whatever happened to putting the cart before the horse?
i would have phoned the person and mentioned the fact that if it wasnt cleared up i was going to slander there name and business. P.S. I am in NO way condoning what 67prostreet was right, I have no idea who ED is but I am on his side 100%
Old 04-19-2004, 08:52 PM   #21
walker

Wow, what a long thread about a misunderstanding about one part. How about this, we all chime in about the times we have ended up on the bad end of the deal. No better yet we all post about never having had a deal go bad, that oughta end this post right now
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
Old 04-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #22
gutterman01

well the best advertisment is the word of mouth if it takes 269 dollars to keep a customer happy pay it .It will be the best money spent and has mothertruckers even call this boy since this post heck I would have if he hasn't but I agree delete the post call ed and see whats going on if he holds out for another couple months come back and get him again but thats my two cents worth
Old 04-19-2004, 09:12 PM   #23
72c10step
WHYBYNU when old will do?

I also agree with CPNE 100%. I actually got to meet Ed face to face when I visited his shop while I was on vacation in March. My friend and I bought about $400 worth of stuuf from him and was happy with everything. There was a problem with shipping a few parts for my friend (he was getting a bumper that wouldn't fit in our vehicle with everything else, and it was being sent from a warehouse in NJ anyways), and we called back and Ed took care of it immediately. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again (whenever I get more money ).
-1995 Polaris XCR600 Custom
-2003 Honda 300ex
Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 AM   #24
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

COBALT: I hate these side bar pissing contests, but let's make sure everyone knows that SMITTY62 is NOT talking about me, PMing & bad mouthing a competor.
I always push the "local" shopping/support angle and you always slam me for it...but after your strong criticism, your last post hints too strongly that I am the one sending PMs against competors...Not so. Let's make sure that's clear.

...and I have had great dealings with Ed/MotherTrucker, for years. He has been very helpful...his prices are just too low!

Last edited by PICKMUP; 04-20-2004 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #25
sub4rvr

Quote:
..Anyone check out Pamela Anderson in the newest Playboy?
She is in FHM this month too !!
OK, where were we ??
67 Mustang (2)
69 Torino GT
00 Mustang GT Conv.
Closed Thread