The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
496stroker1

Re: What to do with people who disrespect your truck

man you guys are twisted.....how bout dog sh!t on the door handles

Last edited by 496stroker1; 02-18-2008 at 11:43 AM.
496stroker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
custom72c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496stroker1 View Post
man you guys are twisted.....how bout dog sh!t on the door handles
Thats a good one or you could put red grease on the top lip of his windshield wipers and when he turns them on, he will have red grease all over his windshield.

Old pic of my 72: http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0435co5.jpg
04 Silverado Daily Driver
68 GMC short step http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=379665

"I'll beat you to the gas station!!"

custom72c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
airdale94

Make no mistake about it. This is a game with him. Just like 67_C-30 and the guy at work. He was doing it because he was envious and he thought he could get by with it because he was older. A polite request to stop only made it worse. The only way to stop it is confrontation. You need to stay within the law, and revenge tactics will only make you the "bad guy". A rather forcefull "Quit putting your fuc*ing trash in the back of my truck" should suffice. If he denies it. Tell him you've seen him do it. Stand your ground, don't provoke a physical confrontation, but don't backoff until he gets the point. If he still doesn't stop fill his car full of garbage (nothing with your name on it). And be prepared to "throw down". Make sure he starts it though.
airdale94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
custom72c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale94 View Post
Make no mistake about it. This is a game with him. Just like 67_C-30 and the guy at work. He was doing it because he was envious and he thought he could get by with it because he was older. A polite request to stop only made it worse. The only way to stop it is confrontation. You need to stay within the law, and revenge tactics will only make you the "bad guy". A rather forcefull "Quit putting your fuc*ing trash in the back of my truck" should suffice. If he denies it. Tell him you've seen him do it. Stand your ground, don't provoke a physical confrontation, but don't backoff until he gets the point. If he still doesn't stop fill his car full of garbage (nothing with your name on it). And be prepared to "throw down". Make sure he starts it though.
I'm with you on this. I was just messing around about doing stuff to his car. Just confront him in front of some people, so you have witnesses. just my $0.02.

Old pic of my 72: http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0435co5.jpg
04 Silverado Daily Driver
68 GMC short step http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=379665

"I'll beat you to the gas station!!"

custom72c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

OK, just to show how twisted I really am...........Am I the only one that is annoyed by this statement?
Quote:
He said he would clean out the truck for me. He dumped about 10 pounds of kitty litter in the bed of my truck. He left it....... I cleaned out my truck today. Took it to the car wash and hosed out the kitty litter.
What did the poor carwash guy have to do with this?
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
OK, just to show how twisted I really am...........Am I the only one that is annoyed by this statement?

What did the poor carwash guy have to do with this?

I didnt leave it for him. I did give that guy respect too. I would say 90% of it went in the drain. Truck wasnt all the way in the bay.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminokid View Post
I didnt leave it for him. I did give that guy respect too. I would say 90% of it went in the drain. Truck wasnt all the way in the bay.
Really, it went into the drain---Now the poor wash guy not only has to tear up the drain, but shovel it out too. See how this cascades to a hellish mess. if I was the poor wash guy, I would be talking about you on the carwash forum.

I can see it in print: What to do with people who disrespect your car wash bays!

Ain't life just a big cookie?
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #8
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
Really, it went into the drain---Now the poor wash guy not only has to tear up the drain, but shovel it out too. See how this cascades to a hellish mess. if I was the poor wash guy, I would be talking about you on the carwash forum.

I can see it in print: What to do with people who disrespect your car wash bays!

10 lbs of kitty litter/oil dry will go down a car wash drain without ever hitting the sides. 10 lbs of kitty litter is NOTHING compared to the tons (yes, literally) of mud that goes down those drains from the 4X4 crowd that washes 200 lbs of mud off their trucks regularly. Maybe its different here, but car washes around here have 8" pipes going directly into the sewer.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
10 lbs of kitty litter/oil dry will go down a car wash drain without ever hitting the sides. 10 lbs of kitty litter is NOTHING compared to the tons (yes, literally) of mud that goes down those drains from the 4X4 crowd that washes 200 lbs of mud off their trucks regularly. Maybe its different here, but car washes around here have 8" pipes going directly into the sewer.
You are right to some degree, but not all of that mud goes to the sewer, if it did, then the city would be working large time to keep that area of the city clean. I see a lot of carwash guys shoveling out their scuppers and traps in my area. That kitty litter is small potatoes to that extent, BUT why add it to some other guys responsibility. So that is MY point and observation on this discussion, the carwash guy has no ball in this game, so leave him out of it. The more crap you dump on him the more he charges for your wash job. If you want to dispose of the litter, there is a trash dumpster available or give it back to the guy that gave it to you Where it really belongs.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post

You know your post here is really bugging me, for one a CAR WASH is a place where you go and pay money to WASH your CAR! That is what it is there for, its intended purpose, its reason for existance, and the reason the carwash has a sump in the middle of the floor, is so it can catch all of the dirt and mud that falls off of your vehicle, so as that it does not plug up the drain.

Further more, when you get your truck muddy, what do you do with it, you take it to the CAR WASH. Where you wash the mud off of it. l

Now if you look at Cat litter, what is it made out of, well mostly Bentonite, and what is Bentonite? ITS FRIKIN CLAY!

So, I digress, paying some one to utilise thier car wash, which is the intended purpose is a very very far cry from borrowing some ones truck, and then filling it full of your **** garbage because you are a holier than though mother %$#@er, who doesnt have enough common courtesy to respect some one elses hard earned property.

In fact, if the car wash were *****ing about people coming there to wash things off thier cars such as mud, or in this case kitty litter, well they would soon be out of buisness because people would go elsewhere with thier buisness.

As far as the OP though, Really I do think you should move some place else and leave the guy looking for a new tennant, get yourself a place you can park your rigs with out some one jacking with them, it just isnt right.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

[QUOTE=MrBeast;2584873]You know your post here is really bugging me, for one a CAR WASH is a place where you go and pay money to WASH your CAR! That is what it is there for, its intended purpose, its reason for existance, and the reason the carwash has a sump in the middle of the floor, is so it can catch all of the dirt and mud that falls off of your vehicle, so as that it does not plug up the drain.

Further more, when you get your truck muddy, what do you do with it, you take it to the CAR WASH. Where you wash the mud off of it. l

Now if you look at Cat litter, what is it made out of, well mostly Bentonite, and what is Bentonite? ITS FRIKIN CLAY!

So, I digress, paying some one to utilise thier car wash, which is the intended purpose is a very very far cry from borrowing some ones truck, and then filling it full of your **** garbage because you are a holier than though mother %$#@er, who doesnt have enough common courtesy to respect some one elses hard earned property.

In fact, if the car wash were *****ing about people coming there to wash things off thier cars such as mud, or in this case kitty litter, well they would soon be out of buisness because people would go elsewhere with thier buisness.

As far as the OP though, Really I do think you should move some place else and leave the guy looking for a new tennant, get yourself a place you can park your rigs with out some one jacking with them, it just isnt right.[/QUOTE/]

Bugging you???? You are welcome for the moment. Did it make you feel upset and enraged? I stated my comments to make a point---leave Everyone else out of the issue and DEAL with it. The landlord will win in the long run, JUST because he IS the landlord. If one wants vengence then go for it, just be willing to go with the result. You want results, then hold his rent until you have his attention and then tell him to leave your vehicle alone. There are such things as Renters Rights, but they are only as good as those that uphold them. You will end up moving, before it is over---just my guess.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #12
63fleetside

ky jelly is fun to put on door handles
63fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #13
Arad68
Trucks N Tranzams

Are you willing to be forced out of your apartment? If he is your landlord he has that power. He shouldn't be throwing anything in the back of your truck without your permission, but it sounds like there is some communication between you and him. Expalin it to him again, then let it go. If he continues, call the law and begin a paper trail. Support your allegations with video. Show the landlord what you are doing. Show him the pictures and video. That is usually all it takes to make anyone quit. It worked for me and some neighborhood hoodlums. People don't like being caught in the act for all to see.

If all of this fails, just continue to empty the trash, don't say a word. Let all the hoopla die down and then find his Benz away from from your apartment and then key it beyond $500 deductable damage. It won't take much. Just don't get caught. If your are persistant, you won't and you will get that good feeling of retribution that you are looking for.
Benz parts are expensive.

'68 Chevy LB 383 TH400/GV/373 posi
'56 Chevy 4WD SWB
'64 Chevy short stepside
'79 Trans Am 455/TH2004R/12blt/4whldisc
95 Kia (Wifes car)
2002 S-10 extended cab pickup
"God punishes small sins immediately"

Last edited by Arad68; 02-19-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Arad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
caminokid
Chevy nut

Well guys like I said I dont park my truck there anymore. I have to agree with the car wash stuff on how we do pay to use there wash. How many people take their motors, cars that are covered with mud and sand...then like was aid the 4X4 guys and their mud, sand and clay. If we want to get technical on my wrong doing....the kitty litter had sat in the back of my truck soaking up trans fluid. Then rained on. There was still alot in the back of my truck....but not 10 lbs. Everyone of us here has taken a car or truck...or even a atv to a car wash and washed it off. Left mud sand dirt oil gas and whatever else there. So not everyone is guilt free of going to a car wash to clean their vehicles. If I would have had a hose close to the driveway at the apartment...I would have used it and it would have been in his driveway. I would have made sure I sprayed it out right where he walks. I am looking for a house out in the country now to get the hell out of there. I want a place with a garage and a barn. I dont want neighbors.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote