The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #51
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: My Truck

Awesome build! I love that more and more GMC's are showing up and that they are keeping the V-6's!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #52
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Thanks corts. To be honest I probably wouldn't have kept the V6 in there if it wasn't such an advanced style for a engine and didn't have the plaid valve covers. But I wanted it to be different and I just love how that engine looks.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #53
TwiggyTheDrummer

Well guys I made some progress today. I got the doors hung and the front fenders, tailgate, and grill primed up and ready for paint and mounting. I also got all of the engine compartment parts such as the inner fenders, battery box, core support, etc. painted up in satin black and ready to be bolted up.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #54
Chevyrod

Love the color. Keep up the great work!!!! I had a 63 GMC a few years ago myself and traded it off. Yours makes me wish I would have hung onto it.

Last edited by Chevyrod; 02-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Chevyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #55
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks Chevyrod, I don't ever plan on getting rid of it especially with it's history and how much I love that body style. What part of Florida are you from?

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 02-07-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #56
Chevyrod

I live just south of Lake City (Providence/Lake Butler Area.) Not far from you in Live Oak.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #57
TwiggyTheDrummer

Oh sweet, well it's nice to meet someone from the area for a change.

Sean

Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #58
Chevyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post
Oh sweet, well it's nice to meet someone from the area for a change.

Sean
Yea Man!! I will have to keep up with your post. Again very nice truck.

Last edited by Chevyrod; 02-07-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #59
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Looks like some great progress.

Last edited by Alan's Classic; 02-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #60
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Beautiful truck, nice to see another FL member as well, whereabouts is Live Oak? I've heard of it, just don't know of where it is.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #61
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks guys and that sounds good Chevyrod. And Dylan, Live Oak is about an hour's drive east from you on Interstate 10. Right near Madison County.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #62
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Lookin' good!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #63
TwiggyTheDrummer

More Updates!

Hey guys, I got a lot of parts in over the past week so here you guys go. Got some Tailgate latches and trunnions from Bruce Horkey's, Hurst Powerglide shifter and Imperial trans cooler from Summit, Totally Stainless bolt kit, and a Grant Classic Nostalgia Steering wheel from Summit.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #64
Wolfinthesnow
I put the laughter n slaughter

Dude im jealous. Looks awesome!! Thats very close to the color I want to paint mine. (think I told ya that before...) Anyhow, great job on the progress!! Keep it up!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #65
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinthesnow View Post
Dude im jealous. Looks awesome!! Thats very close to the color I want to paint mine. (think I told ya that before...) Anyhow, great job on the progress!! Keep it up!
Thanks Wolf. I will warn you that paint isn't cheap. I bought it from Napa and it was priced around $450 a gallon. But it is quite a beautiful color and I really can't wait to get it done and rolling through town cause I know it's going to turn plenty of heads. I'm ready to get the whole thing painted and roll it out into the sunshine.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 02-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #66
4dranch
Shloooooong bed member #2

Re: More Updates!

[QUOTE=TwiggyTheDrummer;3134304]Hey guys, I got a lot of parts in over the past week so here you guys go. Got some Tailgate latches and trunnions from Bruce Horkey's, Hurst Powerglide shifter and Imperial trans cooler from Summit, Totally Stainless bolt kit, and a Grant Classic Nostalgia Steering wheel from Summit.

Nice,,
I'm curious about your tailgate latches and how they work.
you got a link to them?

Your rig is lookin really good.

Daughters 66 truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=484601

Learning to drive a 3 on the tree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCMvRgBo1Q
4dranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #67
TwiggyTheDrummer

[quote=4dranch;3135481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post

Nice,,
I'm curious about your tailgate latches and how they work.
you got a link to them?

Your rig is lookin really good.
They're from Bruce Horkey's site. You can find them at Horkey's Wood and Parts. Mine are the 1st set of inner tailgate latches with the 4 screw holes.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #68
nuke1

that is one nice build you have going on there, i remember when i was your age doing my truck the firsttime, had to drive 2 hours to work on it, anyways, great color you have there and i respect your decision to keep the old 6, i never knew the valve covers came like that. go figure.
J.J.R.H. Design & Consulting

My 68`Rebuild "HAVOC": http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316300
A 58' chev build thread: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=311238
1969 Camaro Pro Touring http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...61#post3513361
Swiss Cheese: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384390
Adjustable Trailing Arm How-To: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=321100
1968 Ford Farm Truck: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6555587
nuke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #69
protrash64
Resistance is Futile

Good work.....the truck is looking very nice. Keep it up and it'll be rollin in no time.
STRENGTH/DETERMINATION/MERCILESS/FOREVER
.......posted via stationary device
protrash64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #70
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks protrash, I hope to soon have it doing just that.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #71
4dranch
Shloooooong bed member #2

[quote=TwiggyTheDrummer;3135615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dranch View Post

They're from Bruce Horkey's site. You can find them at Horkey's Wood and Parts. Mine are the 1st set of inner tailgate latches with the 4 screw holes.
Thanks for the link and info.

Daughters 66 truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=484601

Learning to drive a 3 on the tree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCMvRgBo1Q
4dranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #72
TwiggyTheDrummer

Yet another update has popped up today. I found out that my hood's ready for pick-up so I'll have pics up of that tomorrow, and I plan on ordering my wheels within the next week or so. But I'll get some pics up tomorrow evening of the hood to show off my new beauty.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #73
TwiggyTheDrummer

Cool New Hood!

As promised, here are some pics of my new hood from U.S. Body Source in nearby Hampton, FL. It's a Heavy Duty Fiberglass, 60-66 2" Cowl hood with attached braces. Also, the hood hinges and brackets bolt right on.

This is what I started with, what I tried to replace it with, and why I went fiberglass:

And here's the new beauty.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 02-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #74
Chevyrod

US BODY SOURCE has some great products. Just curious (Does the hood come with the turn signal openings cut out for GMC, Chevy or is it just closed in with no turn signal openings?)

Last edited by Chevyrod; 02-19-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #75
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrod View Post
US BODY SOURCE has some great products. Just curious (Does the hood come with the turn signal openings cut out for GMC, Chevy or is it just closed in with no turn signal openings?)
The turn signals/hinge opening do not come precut but they are in the mold. The mold is the stock Chevy mold though so it doesn't have the design that was on the GMC version like the teardrop parking lights, etc.

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 02-19-2009 at 08:19 PM.