The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #51
rambler
MOVE OVER

My Truck is like my Kids,,, I will not allow anyone to snap photos of them without my previous knowledge and permission.. now if I was at a show and registered there,, then its different, but at my house,, just knock on the door and lets talk,, if you are taking pics of my kids or truck in my yard.. you had better watch out... any good truck guy would rather talk to you as well about your rig... just my 2 cents worth
Old 02-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #52
Spoof

Talking

Quote:
(He was stealing political signs from someones front yard as a joke - horrible crime huh) a car came by at night and took a picture of the front and back of my Suburban which he had driven. It was a plain SUV. I followed it and it parked at the police station and a uniformed cop got out. He had driven his own car and taken pictures of my truck. For a report or who knows what! Probably trying to come up with a new way to harrass a 17 year old.
Sounds like your son got off easy, half the posters to this thread sound as if it had happened to them they would have shot him with seven types of gun, scalped him,worn his ears for a necklace and fed his remains to the pigs.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #53
C10 Club Tennessee

Doesn't sound like that bad of a price to pay for a thief

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #54
C10 Club Tennessee

even if it is the smallest thing!

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:51 AM   #55
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

This guy must have moved or something beacuse he hase'nt came by since this thread was started (12-22-04) that night though he came by and drove right in my drive way!!!!!!!!, stoped and took a picture of her. I ran out to confront him but I was about 10 feet from him when he saw me he then hightailed out of there tires screamin'. Maybe when it gets warm out and when I get the motor back in (hehehe) I will put her back out on the drive way and I'll try that for sale sign deal maybe that will attract him, and I guess I need a digital camara. Thank you all for the great ideas.......

1969 CHEVROLET CST-10 PICK-UP
Good memories

1999 Chevrolet Z71 Ext. cab 5.7L
Good Memories

With a quart of oil, and a gallon of gas, she won't let no other car pass!!!.

& FOREVER
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:28 AM   #56
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

Got an update.........Well the night finally came tonight I had just got back from the grociery store and there was this car sitting (red caviler) with no headlights or anything, and I could see the figure of a person in the car, so I acted like I did not see him and I went inside I looked outside and saw that he was still there.... so I told the wife and she said that I was acting parinoid..... so I figured the hell with her and I called the police, I told them that there was this guy outside in his car just sitting there, and that I have a lot of parts (brand new) in my garage and i think that he is going to steal them, so the operator said we'll send someone. So about 10-15 minutes later a cop comes and pulls up to this car........... he gets out and walks up to the car and knocks on the window and the guy rolls down the window, so I go out there and see whats up and I looked in this guys car and he had some lock picking devices and two camras, so the cop asks him to get out of the car he gets out and it's the same bastard that was taking pic's of my truck!!!!, so I told the officer what had been happening, so then the officer goes back to the guy and asked him some questions, the officer comes back by me and says that the guy had admitted to taking the pic's, and he asked him why he was taking pic's?... (listen to this) the guy said that he was going to break in to my garage and rob all of my parts, tools, and strip the motor down to nothing and take eveything, so the cop arrests the guy and he said that I will be contacted tommorow to come down to the station and tell me what else and ask if I want to press charges, and I told him that I will be definatly be pressing charges, so now that's it I'll tell you what's going on as soon as I know.............

Good memories

Good Memories

& FOREVER
Old 03-22-2005, 02:37 AM   #57
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

holy hell... that is so not how I ever figured this would end.. thank godness they caught him now...
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:59 AM   #58
ezernut9mm

not only is he a sh!thead for wanting to do that to you (or anyone for that matter) he is an idiot for admitting it to the police! it's kick ass that you caught the rat ba$tard...

'02 nissan sentra (wal-mart warrior)
ezernut9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:43 AM   #59
4x4Poet

Yeah, baby! That's great.

How wierd that the guy just sat there in his car after you came back. I guess I have too high an opinion of Caviler drivers. Does his econo car have room for everything he intended to steal? I mean, wouldn't he spend too much time carefully packing to fit it all?

Oh, I wouldn't want you to embarass your wife, but tell us, how'd she react when he turned out to be a thief planning to rob your house? Some paranoia, eh?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #60
ckhd

That's awesome!

This is a much better thread than the ones where the people are upset because something got stolen.

Great you stopped it before it happened. Now when your wife says you are being paranoid, you can remind her of this.

"You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you"

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #61
nathank
resident geek

Ok, not trying to be an ass here but isn't this just a TAD unbelievable?

I mean, a single guy was going to not only break in but steal all the parts and haul them in a Cavalier? Was he going to strip the motor right there at the house or put it in the trunk of the Cavalier? And not only did he have this brilliant plan but then he tells the cop what his intentions are?

Was he mentally challenged?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #62
chevyfarmer

I would be concerned as well. I live in an area with very little vehicle theft but it does still happen. I took a heavy duty momentary contact switch and mounted it behind my ashtray and ran my coil wire to it. My 67 will only start with the ashtray pushed all the way in And locking the hood down is a GOOD idea along with a locking gas cap.
72 2wd Blazer project 454 5 speed
chevyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #63
greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathank
Ok, not trying to be an ass here but isn't this just a TAD unbelievable?

I mean, a single guy was going to not only break in but steal all the parts and haul them in a Cavalier? Was he going to strip the motor right there at the house or put it in the trunk of the Cavalier? And not only did he have this brilliant plan but then he tells the cop what his intentions are?

Was he mentally challenged?
I agree 100% with you. I don't see how a guy is going to strip down a motor and put it all in a Cavalier, along with the other parts and tools. It all sounds a little to me.
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #64
lux hauler
Psycho-billy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey
I agree 100% with you. I don't see how a guy is going to strip down a motor and put it all in a Cavalier, along with the other parts and tools. It all sounds a little to me.
Quote:
ask if I want to press charges, and I told him that I will be definatly be pressing charges, so now that's it I'll tell you what's going on as soon as I know.............
Exactly what are you going to press charges for?

Support your community, support yourself. Buy local, buy American (or Canadian).
lux hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #65
cheyenne10

Around here

Around here jails are too full of worse crooks than that. These types are back out on the streets before the cops get paperwork filed. On occassion they stay a little and then get matrixed out to make room for badder dudes. My assumption is he or buddies will be back. My cure would be lead posioning, I'm not violent just very possessive and know I work hard for every little part I have. I might become temporarily crazy.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #66
shifty
Questionable

That's quite the glamorous story

Can I see the police report now?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #67
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

I say you ask for a different option. 1 = pres charges for attempted robbery. 2 kick the living $hit out of him with his cameras! Personally I would like to take option number 2 .
Old 03-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #68
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

ok guys play nice whos to say the dude wasn't a crack head who was casin the house being a lookout etc.. whos to say he wasn't fd up on whatever n told the cops that.. coulda been a lookout holdin tools etc while his buddy came up in a truck later.. maybe its someone who is a friend of someone he really reallly pissed off onetime? we have all seen stories more bizarre then this.... true or not it should be a reminder to all to be more alert of their surroundings and to question anyone who does not belong in your property.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #69
67chevemall

Crazy stuff? Guy must be a tard! If he told the cops all that I wonder what he was
REALLY planning on doing?
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #70
jfrank133
AUSTIN TX

Suspicious Activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple gas
Don't forget the liscence #,, driver description, passengers if any, too. & also if you know your neighbors, tell them to keep an eye peeled. If you don't know your neighbors,, go meet em.
As a Lawenforcement Officer in Texas, I would get all the information on the subject, Example Type of car, color, license plate #, What the subject looks like. I would then file a report with your the lawenforcement in your community for suspicous Activity. With his license plate they can tell them alot about the subject if he is up to no good.
jfrank133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:04 PM   #71
ol skool 68
turnin wrenches

whether his story is true or not. i have recently had the same type of thing happening in my neighborhood. twice now i have come home to find a ford explorerer sitting in front of my house. last nite i was pulling into my driveway and was right behind the guy, as soon as he realized i was pulling into the driveway he hauled a$$. now i am a lil paranoid. my s-10 has been broken into twice in my driveway. my neighbor across the street was telling me that he has confronted the guy once. the guy gave him a bogus name and address that he was looking for. both the name and address are bogus. so now i am flipping out. not only do i have my project truck in the garage, i have 2 vintage dirtbikes, my other dirtbike and my four wheeler. so now when i leave for work, i put my male pitbull out in the garage. he is mean and doesn't understand commands in english. god help anyone who breaks in and doesn't know creole!! and if he makes it into the house my 2 female pits have it handled...............and god forbid he does it with me home. i just picked up a 200 rd magazine for my AR15. paranoid??? nah!

D.M.C. -FF-

68 SWB full frame off (project ol skool)
2000 s-10 formally bagged but now my daily driver...
ol skool 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #72
CHEVY & GMC FOREVER

Well I don't know how this guy thought he was going to be able to fit all of the parts in his caviler, but maybe he is a dumb idiot and would have found out that all the parts would not have fit in his car, so i don't know

Good memories

Good Memories

& FOREVER
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #73
shifty
Questionable

Well, I'll say this: A non-locksmith in possession of lockpicking tools is circumstantial enough evidence for a "burglary tools" charge - I got one when I was younger just for having an open package of spark plugs in my passenger side seat when I got pulled over in a friend's neighbourhood at 3am one morning. I don't think having a 3' long machete wedged in between my driver's seat and center console helped make the cop feel like I wasn't up to no good.

Where do you live, C&GF? What city/state? Are you inside the city, in the suburbs or out in the country/woods?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #74
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
Well, I'll say this: A non-locksmith in possession of lockpicking tools is circumstantial enough evidence for a "burglary tools" charge - I got one when I was younger just for having an open package of spark plugs in my passenger side seat when I got pulled over in a friend's neighbourhood at 3am one morning. I don't think having a 3' long machete wedged in between my driver's seat and center console helped make the cop feel like I wasn't up to no good.

Where do you live, C&GF? What city/state? Are you inside the city, in the suburbs or out in the country/woods?
LMAO Spark plugs? What in the hell do spark plugs have to do with burglary?

Not tryin to be an ass, that just floored me
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #75
shifty
Questionable

You ever heard of "silencers"? Chunks of porcelain break windows without a sound. Read on:

Next time you're going to a junkyard, take a spark plug and smash the white porcelain end. Take one of the chunks - it doesn't need to be very big - just one-half or one-third the size of a 10¢ piece, if that.

Get anywhere near a car and give it a good throw at the driver side or passenger side window, straight on (don't throw at an angle) from about 3-4' away. The window will spider-web and fall in without making a sound.

This is a common tool used amongst car theives. If they don't use this, they use one of those "emergency window breakers" you can buy at the store. The cop apparently knew this (and my lawyer explained why the cop arrested me later).

Anyways, in all seriousness - Give that a shot. I doubt the guy at the salvage yard will hear anything. It doesn't make any noise at all.