The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #51
jcnalley

Re: Farewell to Ol' Blue, and to this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorestgore View Post
Oh man, every day seems to bring different news for you guys! I'm still going to be rebuilding the engine and eventually getting the truck on the road again, but i just found a more realistic project, and i'm getting it for free! It's a 1987 BMW 325e 4-door. My older brother has two BMW's, one is his track car, a 1988 325is, and the second one is the 325e, and he had bought it for about $1200 from some old couple. He's decided to give it to me so I have a realistic, fun project. I'll eventually pay him for the car, but for now, it's mine!!!

here's the car:
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47437

Look at the leather on this thing, it's nearly mint!!!

That makes alot of sense....you're whining about you can't afford the truck project,but yet you are starting another?It must be nice to be young and dumb.Instead of having two vehicles tore down in the driveway,why don't you get off your ass,find a better job,and build the truck.Use the BMW as a driver,and build it after the truck is done.If you're not going to school,then why are you only working part time?
jcnalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #52
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BLUZ View Post
my philosophy is this, give sound advise to the young people and hope they heed it. after all they are the future!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt agree more although....if this is OUR future we are doomed for shure......................
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #53
poorboy

I graduated high school and a couple years later decided I wanted to work on cars for a living. Started at a small shop at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way up. Took a couple classes at the local junior college and 15 yrs later I'm still doing it and making good money. Junior colleges are cheap and offer alot of good classes. If you really want to be a tech you just need to work for it. As far as your truck goes. Take your time and do it right. Many projects are not done right away. I've been collecting parts for mine for a year now. There's nothing wrong with getting pats as you can afford them. As far as the driving goes I hope you really have learned your lesson. It only takes one time to change your life forever. I had a really good friend and devoted family man killed by a drunk driver while he was on his way home from work. The kid that hit him was only 19 and is now serving a 30yr sentence.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #54
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

BMW? That sounds like an affordable project……Insurance should be real cheap too….. (if you are insurable).

I say get a moped not a motorcycle…..better yet a bicycle. Put your truck back together along with you life.
I suggest looking into the military….they have allot to offer you. I enjoyed the Navy while I was in. Lots of travel and learned allot too.
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #55
Jcentsr6

Try to go work at a dealership as an oil change boy. You will get more than $7.00 an hour and you will be in the right place to get a start on the learing you need. As you move up and make friends, you will have the tools to get your project on the move. Its hard to stay out of trouble...but you really need to look at your future. Just take a look at the turn of events that has you in this position....OWI...speeding ticket, suspension of school and driving. Not good. I had troubles too. FOCUS. BE THE BALL. lol. Just change what you are doing right now...change is good. Anyways...I love old VW's...but if you build an mk1 you will loose $. I have dumped more $ on VW's over the year..only to loose alot of $. The c-10 truck will hold vaule...and its cool. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. And try the dealer thing. I hire people all the time with no experience, you just need the drive/will to do it. If you show the will...they will pay to train you..trust me.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #56
Painter D

aaaahhhhhh you poor baby you got an OWI and its the end of the world, GROW UP!!! what if you would have killed somebody, maybe the cop saved your life. get your sh@# together. no sympathy for stupidity!!!
Painter D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #57
Sweet72

Before you chew the bluing off the gun barrel, get some help...Talk to an elder family member and LISTEN to their advice. Good luck and don't F*** up!
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #58
bob1967

I'm starting to think ya'll have to much info for this kid. You should spend the time on someone who will listen and is not just looking for attention. He got a in trouble who hasn't . My .02 spend the effort on another kid that will listen to all the good advice ya'll have given.
bob1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #59
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

wow, dude, sell everything and join the millitary. there are so much screwed up thinking in your story i dont know where to start..

the sad thing is you remind me of myself at 18. you really need a fresh start and a "reboot" on how you think. the marine corps did all that for me.
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #60
lilwindow67

You can complete sentences with punctuation and spell what you want to say. We know you can do all the rest, you're on your way. It's nice to see that from an 18 year old. Good Luck!
lilwindow67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #61
centsless
sufficiently talented fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcentsr6 View Post
Try to go work at a dealership as an oil change boy. You will get more than $7.00 an hour and you will be in the right place to get a start on the learing you need. As you move up and make friends, you will have the tools to get your project on the move. Its hard to stay out of trouble...but you really need to look at your future. Just take a look at the turn of events that has you in this position....OWI...speeding ticket, suspension of school and driving. Not good. I had troubles too. FOCUS. BE THE BALL. lol. Just change what you are doing right now...change is good. Anyways...I love old VW's...but if you build an mk1 you will loose $. I have dumped more $ on VW's over the year..only to loose alot of $. The c-10 truck will hold vaule...and its cool. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. And try the dealer thing. I hire people all the time with no experience, you just need the drive/will to do it. If you show the will...they will pay to train you..trust me.
I couldn't agree more. I started with Ryder as a helper and worked my way up. I am now the Operations Manager and have a Supervisor, a clerk, and 16 mechanics working for me. Go in and show some enthusiasm and willingness to learn, and you will succeed. Keep the truck, and LEARN to put it together. Do this and get past your past, or wallow in self pity and go nowhere in life. It's your choice. Just my .02, take it or leave it.
1981 Corvette
1966 Impala Convertible
Click here to support the board
centsless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #62
AO50

WOW, 14 violations and you're only 18. Why does every car you get have to be another project. Just pick one and stick with it and make the other one your DD.
AO50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #63
Shane
Account Suspended

With 14 violations, I would say another car is the LAST thing you need.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #64
OLDIRON69

69 Dodge Charger-440/4spd
OLDIRON69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #65
BB72CHEVKT

Do you have any relatives in Whitesville?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #66
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

lmao..............
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote