The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #51
corn

Re: What does your truck say about you?

My old truck says "I might be old, but Im younger than you!" That hurts me a little, but I plan on getting even...

Last edited by corn; 01-25-2007 at 07:07 PM.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #52
bagged91
Out draggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
Mine is like me in a lot of ways, it creaks and groans in the morning, mildly tempermental,, easy to get along with, seems kinda familiar to everyone, looks far from good, yet, good from far, very versitile... able to work like mad, yet very willing to take a leisurly stroll.
Mostly, it kicks ass once you get to know it's quirks... the same has been said about me.

now if only we could stop leaking in our parking spots at night. (just kidding... I don't leak at night)

I was thinking the same thing... Mine also say's it will be nice if I finally finished her after 5 years just looking at it!
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #53
see ten
WTB this ad

Mine says I'm obviously incapable of leaving anything alone! The first vehicle I was allowed to drive was a 72 swb 4x4, the first car I owned was a 72 Chevelle wagon. I have one that has been lifted and another that has been lowered. Sometimes I forgot that they're out of the ordinary and I wonder why people are staring. My wife always gets a kick out of watching peoples reactions when we go by. It amazes me how many people stop what they are doing and watch us drive by. I guess I just enjoy driving something out of the ordinary. If you haven't voted for Truck of the Year yet, get off your duff and do it now!

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #54
Rdub

I was going through downtown Portland last week..... at a stop light, guy 1/2 way up the block hollars out "sahweet!, sweet litttle Jimmy!" Something like that occurs almost every time I take it out.... like others have said, how many times that happen to someone driving a new truck? Guess it says I like driving a truck other people get excited about.
Rdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #55
Sinjun

mine says I'm poor, and like satin black.
-Chris
Sinjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #56
skchevota

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten View Post
Mine says I'm obviously incapable of leaving anything alone! The first vehicle I was allowed to drive was a 72 swb 4x4, the first car I owned was a 72 Chevelle wagon. I have one that has been lifted and another that has been lowered. Sometimes I forgot that they're out of the ordinary and I wonder why people are staring. My wife always gets a kick out of watching peoples reactions when we go by. It amazes me how many people stop what they are doing and watch us drive by. I guess I just enjoy driving something out of the ordinary. If you haven't voted for Truck of the Year yet, get off your duff and do it now!

Every time I see your truck I have to whipe the drool off my key board.BTW I hope that is not you house behind the red one? If it is your truck parked out front tripled your property value.
skchevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #57
WorkinLonghorn

edited bt cougar
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 01-25-2007 at 08:12 PM.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #58
skchevota

My tuck is saying" you basterd, you pulled me apart again! and you disgrace me by driveing that new truck, do you know it was built in mexico. The new truck says, shut up you stupid old grandpa truck, the old truck says , keep laghing, if he ever sells you, a lot of you parts will be on me be for you go,New truck sits there quiet,"meanwhile, my wallet is still kicking me for buying that new truck that should be payed off about the time its ready for restoration.......
skchevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #59
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Well all of mine say I'm payed for and i don't have a repo man coming to get mine.Plus these trucks where built at a time when the true though was to build them to last for ever. My 1972 3/4 ton truck will be a modal of true endurince and the test of time.Like I've said before i like stuff that is plane simple these trucks a young kid can work on these dang things. But i like it when i'm in my 1968 GMC suburban and some guy has a 2006 suburban that has 22 inch wheels on it and he still has a payment for the next 4-8 years and mine smokes his off the line i get a grine Ear to Ear

Last edited by stsalvage; 01-25-2007 at 07:59 PM.
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #60
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Mine says I have values that may not be what everyone else thinks they should be.I have no need to impress other people.The only real person want to impress with my truck is me.If I can impress me then I will impress people that understand and for those who dont understand I will never be able to explain it.

My buddy has a '55 Chevy car,the body is flawless,it made the Black it was painted stand out like a diamond on black velvet.He sanded it down and painted it dove grey.I asked why? His reply.I loved the car in black but I got tired of the story"I had one just like it only it was a 54 andf a Ford and it was red" Or the question about when are you gonna flame it so it'll be finished(Jimmy hates flames).So I painted it Dove grey.Now the people who see it and Know "KNOW" and the rest of them just think it's an old car.I don't have to waste any more time being polite to Idiots.
That just kind of sums up the whole car guy thing for me.Also I have a late model truck but my opinion is that anyone who wants a Vette(or whatever) and has good cerdit can have a new one or a beautifully restored one but it takes a true craftsman to build his own personalized ride.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 01-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #61
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Mine says.... GET ME DONE!!!!!!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #62
lowrollin70gmc
Too many projects

Mine says I know how to do honest work with my own hand. You should see peoples eyes when they ask who did (insert mod here) and I respond "Me." It also says that I don't care about being perfect (never buffed my paint job), but love to have a good time spinning rubber.
68 K20 Suburban 12V Cummins/NV5600/NP205/D60/11.5AAM 3.73s "Dakota Cadillac"
63 Chevy II Nova Coupe 250 I6/T56/4.56s "Economy car"
53 Willys Wagon 350/NV4500/BW4401/HP D44/9inch “Winter Wagon”
30 Model A 16 Focus ST
lowrollin70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #63
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

While I'm in class at school, my 67 sits in the Senior parking lot talking trash to the four banger cars and together we growl those cherries next to one and get the alarm screaming. Man, I don't care HOW MANY TIMES you do it, it is beautiful!!!

Seriously though, my truck still has some dents but the Hurricane still turns heads. The V8 sounds a lot better too.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.
ThatOneBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #64
BP68

Mine says I have patience and determintaion since I bought the first of 3 trucks and a spare frame in March of 2002. Still plugging away hope to be done by Summer.

It also says "haha, I'll be in the garage and you wont.'" to my new 06.

Seriously, I can enjoy old and new. I see my 68 as Grandpa, my dad-in-law's 02 as Dad, and my 06 as Junior. I don't know if the cars and trucks of today will ever be "Classics" like the old ones, but I hope to make memories with my family and friends in both trucks.

Can't we all just get along?

My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269999
BP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #65
49studebaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
My 11 say I am a collector of many, fixer/completer of none! PS you can afford both, can't you? I have an 07 dodge, how else am I supposed to drag home my projects?
I guess I can't afford both. Can't wait to get the 71 on the road so I have to be the fixer of that one. I maintain (and bought) five kids cars in the last four years. With kids (two in college), step kids, kids insurance, the $500+ monthly I spend on my 71 wouldn't happen with a truck payment. It's not a problem, just my sense of what's important. Oh ya, maintainence and upkeep on the Studebaker.
49studebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #66
bryanw1968

Mine says.....
Dude, when in the hell are you going to paint me?!?!
bryanw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #67
mnunn454

Mine says that I recognize, respect and admire classic American quality and values.

And with the 454 under the hood and positrac to get it grounded it says "Don't underestimate me. Given half a chance I'll put an old fashioned whoopin on ya."
Attached Images

29 Model A 4-DR Sedan Deluxe
mnunn454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #68
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

This is a very cool thread here! It shows the personal relationship between driver and vehicle.
I dont really care what other people percieve about me with these old trucks, but I believe my GMCs are family and they tell me thanks for keeping them in the family for so long all the time!!!!---Or is that the voices again?
Oh ok ok focus..... They dont always get the attention that they need but they are always there waitin for ya just like a faithful old dog. My 72 pickup is kinda mad about that puny little '91 takin its place goin to work every day tho, but I've almost got her convinced its for her own good to drive around a little less, long as she gets to go a couple times a week.
They give me a great release from the ratrace and remind me of lots of good ol' times when there is the chance to work on 'em. Ever since before I could get a drivers license there was GMCs in the family (and Chevys also). Couldnt imagine havin to live without em! I Just feel fortunate to be able to hang on to a couple of these classic trucks.

Man, I musta forgot my medication today!---DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #69
oopstruck

mine says... dude you dont know what you are doing, but keep trying I'm not going anywhere
oopstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #70
widow_maker
This space for lease

First off, great thread! Mine says "its cold in the barn" and "when is spring coming so we can play again."

Like others in this thread, I get nods of the head, thumbs up and the occasional individual who will walk 30 steps out of his way to look at my truck at the fuel station (a place we frequent )

My truck reminds me of my younger years. My father owned a '71. She was nothing to look at but a great friend of the family just the same. I can still hear his truck coming down the road as he came home. Downshifting the three on the tree, the straight six moaning, then the sound of the bed sides squeeking as they moved in and out - think lots of rust! I learned to drive in his '71 - great times! I miss him alot and I miss his old girl.

Thanks to the originator of this thread. I love my truck - it means alot more to me then most will ever know. Now.........COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!

1972 K-20 l/f 383/350 a/c "custom camper"
1987 V-20 l/f Silverado - project
widow_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #71
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Why? What did you hear? Im denying anything my truck said about me. He's (yes, my truck is a he) been known to make stuff up.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Mine says to keep my hands to myself...same as my wife!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)

Last edited by stllookn; 01-27-2007 at 01:32 AM.
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #72
sick69

Mine says "if you don't get busy workin on me i'm gonne split your head open,,,AGAIN!"
sick69 is offline   Reply With Quote