The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #51
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: Help with Buying 71 Cheyenne SWB

Let's be clear...Any truck can be picked apart unmercifully. The question with your buy has to be, "....is the value there?"
And, on this one add, "...at $5,800."

I see some costs that will be obvious. I listed them on the attachment. With the exception of the vents, which is really
no big deal, and the fact that I'd want to know if the rest of the e-brake is there under the truck...also no really big deal
(like the broken windshield), the cut dash (if I'm seeing it right) won't fit with your "restore" mode too easily.

The costs that could be staggering on this one would be more clear if you followed the rust on the floor and kick panels
to see how fu-barred the doors ....and anything else that touches that cancer...have been left to bubble.

Under the hood looks funky but original. In those pics, I can't really see if that's a mess or stock down by the prop valve.

Any time the ad says, "needs a compressor"? (sometimes they say, "only needs a belt and a re-charge"), I'd count on
way more before the cab gets nice and cool. However, running down the road at 75% inside the cab on a 90° L.A.
day should be the least of your concerns at this point.

For me, if I found out it ran ...just ran and shifted....and the rust was typical but not structurallly damaging... including
roached inner and outer rockers, but the doors weren't toast, etc......, I'd be in for $3,000.

Then again, if it shows really a lot better than the pics, runs around the block, stops, and feels pretty solid, and the rust
is just surface (hard to think it is, but who knows?) I wouldn't shy away from $4,000 on this one.

I've only built two frame-offs for myself. But I've worked on a ton of these trucks. Next time I do it, I'm coming up with
more money on the front end to avoid some of the surprise money-pits I've fallen into in the past.

But that's just me.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #52
Fatherflash

look at what else is available. Some close to you:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4777344372.html

Maybe not what you're looking for:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4751015137.html

Other choices
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4763617970.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4740177306.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4766937126.html

This guy has been trying to sell this truck for four months. Originally started at $17k

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4774447632.html

Bren
Old 11-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #53
Mapearso

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Let's be clear...Any truck can be picked apart unmercifully. The question with your buy has to be, "....is the value there?"

I see some costs that will be obvious. I listed them on the attachment. With the exception of the vents, which is really
no big deal, and the fact that I'd want to know if the rest of the e-brake is there under the truck...also no really big deal
(like the broken windshield), the cut dash (if I'm seeing it right) won't fit with your "restore" mode too easily.

The costs that could be staggering on this one would be more clear if you followed the rust on the floor and kick panels
to see how fu-barred the doors ....and anything else that touches that cancer...have been left to bubble.

Under the hood looks funky but original. In those pics, I can't really see if that's a mess or stock down by the prop valve.

Any time the ad says, "needs a compressor"? (sometimes they say, "only needs a belt and a re-charge"), I'd count on
way more before the cab gets nice and cool. However, running down the road at 75% inside the cab on a 90° L.A.

For me, if I found out it ran ...just ran and shifted....and the rust was typical but not structurallly damaging... including
roached inner and outer rockers, but the doors weren't toast, etc......, I'd be in for $3,000.

Then again, if it shows really a lot better than the pics, runs around the block, stops, and feels pretty solid, and the rust
is just surface (hard to think it is, but who knows?) I wouldn't shy away from $4,000 on this one.

I've only built two frame-offs for myself. But I've worked on a ton of these trucks. Next time I do it, I'm coming up with
more money on the front end to avoid some of the surprise money-pits I've fallen into in the past.

But that's just me.
Thanks. Very helpful info. I'm hoping someone local can take a closer look for me
Old 11-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #54
zicc1835

heres one in your neighborhood

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...782375998.html
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #55
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post

But that's just me.
wow. lot's of great insight there. i thought the price seemed high too, but didn't catch half of those details. this is why this forum is so great!

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
Closed Thread