The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #51
profe56

Re: Late model updates and upgrades...

well: I already upgrade drums to front disc brakes, the only thing I´m missing is custom adjusting sleves, I added a stering column from a chevy van but if I find an original I´ll back to the original but I will ask you if can be tilt upgrade, I also added aluminum intake and QUADRAJET, but I think I should had worked on a more decent rear end because the only thing I want is my truck more sppedy when I´m entering freeway, but any ways I´m working on that. I also added electronic ignition and sway bar and for interior I´d like comfortable seats may be 500 BMW series, 82-87 chevy capricce, unless you have better sugestions.
two years ago when I bougth my C10 the idea was keep it original, but when I started to see forums and pictures I oppened my mind and curios.
the most important is love our trucks!!!! don´t you think so?
profe56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:24 AM   #52
dan04103

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
Anybody got any ideas about a slick way to do that?
I had a wiper controller laying around for my 36' project and found a FAQ somewhere on the site but here is the wiring diagram for the setup. You will need to get some 30a relays to finish it off. The controller The controller mounts in the stock location and uses the knob so everything looks completely stock. I also integrated a modern wiper fluid pump to the switch as well so it's quite a nice setup and well worth the time. Sorry I can't find the link but it's here somewhere I am sure.

Great idea on the seat belt upgrade... hmm... Yes, Excellent idea... Yup, gonna do it.
Attached Images

Last edited by dan04103; 10-07-2009 at 05:29 AM.
dan04103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #53
rob32472

Yes all of these things listed are great ideas although it would be great if some one would put kits together for these mods that actually work.... I think flush window kit would be a great looking mod to get rid of the gasket, a bolt in tank relocator and filler that works with little mod(weekend project), modified steering column for the delay wipers like on late models, a bolt on kit for rack and pinion that doesnt require changing out the whole front, plastic inner fenders like modern trucks (easy to remove and no rust), A real one piece window kit that really works!!!!
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 AM   #54
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

This is an easy one for me!

Complete 5.3L/4L60 combo (I know you said no engines, but that's the biggest thing I would want from a "new" truck.)

Leather bucket seats.

One of those mirrors that has a compass, temp display, and auto day/night function.

More sound deadening and better door seals (wind noise.)

Power EVERYTHING: Remote keyless entry, power windows and door locks, and cruise control!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-07-2009 at 07:01 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #55
profe56

I thing would be better if Chevy and Gmc builders , they do the classic trucks again with new tecnology like montecarlos, like thunderbirs for example but we don´t have noting to do
Old 10-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #56
BlueJeep

I think they have, aren't the SSR and the HHR based off AD truck styling and AD Panel styling?

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #57
Aarons72s

I have always had a few ideas, which most have said. Here is my list, and most have already been listed. Oh and some things I am the only one that would want them.

Serpentine setup, late 80's early 90's cast aluminum setup, and am using.
ford 9" or gm ho52/72 style rear axle- IE drop out third member. I hate the integral gear axles.
Composite bed sides- Hey they are always mangled or rusted so I say make them like saturn panels. Real easy to replace.
Crank down rear tire carrier.
Extended and crew cabs, not the custom built ones but a stock smooth flowing design.
Aluminum replacing the steel of the carbody- No more rust! Just like old landrovers.
Chrome plating in place of anodizing the aluminum
Redesigned hvac- lets face it the original controls are to limited. And switch from vacum operated a/c parts to electronic. I hate tracking down a/c vacume leaks!
Redesign the tilt shifter pointer.
All coil spring suspension on 4wd.
Redesign the trim around windshield to be popped in after window and rubber seal have been installed on truck- but no gluing in windshields. Really dumb idea.
Make exterior door handles out of better material-Lets face it pot metal sucks!
Roller camshafts- Flat tappet doesnt last long enough.

My personal ideas that most would not have intrest in.
roller tipped points- Yes I am in the old points ignition crowd.
external regulated alternator for above mentioned serpentine set up.- I hate internal regulated alternators as it is always the part that fails not the alternator itself.
Sbc sized two stroke natuarly asperated v8 engine. I just like twostroke diesels.

And as for crumple zones, air bags, abs and emissions equipment. NO!

I am after long term reliabilty and cheap\easy rebuilding. The safety and longevity of the vehicle is more important to me than personal safety. Heck that is why I own and drive them.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Aarons72s; 10-07-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #58
ebfabman

^^^^^some of those are great ideas!
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #59
woodwright
Enjoying left field

This is turning out to be a really cool thread. Heres a hypothetical for you. What if GM redesigned our truck, similar to how they did the new Camaro. A slicker, more updated version. In my opinion they would probably screw it up so bad, that it wouldn't resemble the original at all. But if they could keep the overall appearance, with available diesels, and a quadcab, it might be alright.

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #60
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

No need to. Our generation of trucks, particularly the 67-70 have influenced the modern Chevy. GMT800s especially, many similar body lines, and the venerable split grille.
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #61
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
This is turning out to be a really cool thread. Heres a hypothetical for you. What if GM redesigned our truck, similar to how they did the new Camaro. A slicker, more updated version. In my opinion they would probably screw it up so bad, that it wouldn't resemble the original at all. But if they could keep the overall appearance, with available diesels, and a quadcab, it might be alright.
If they did, it would have a plastic radiator expansion tank, plastic intake manifold, 6 airbags, 4 cup holders, no ashtray, no wing windows and so much smog equipment on it that half the horsepower the truck had would be used to run it. No thanks, I'll keep my '70.

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #62
profe56

me too I´m very happy w/ my c10 69 doing upgrades keep me busy and making work my brain specially is more easy to fix because no sensors don´t you think so ?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #63
woodwright
Enjoying left field

Quote:
Originally Posted by profe56 View Post
me too I´m very happy w/ my c10 69 doing upgrades keep me busy and making work my brain specially is more easy to fix because no sensors don´t you think so ?
I totally agree. I just wish I had the money to do all the things I want to, so I can start driving it.

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote