The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
kombreeze

Paysa/Redneck/Jerry Rigged WTF were they thinking Thread?

Ok I know in the past or most recently we've seen or com across some of the most outrageous modifications ever done. Some till this day may even boggle the mind and I was wondering what your experiences were? Here are 2 of mine that I'd like to share.
First one was on my 63 chevy truck and it came with an aftermarket steering wheel. I had been driving the truck already for about 3 months when (god was on my side) all of a sudden when pulling into my drive way my steering seem to have snapped. Pretty much all steering was gone so I had to slam on the brakes and avoid hitting the mail box at the end of the driveway. Honestly I thought I had broken the steering box or something. My first instinct was to check underneath the truck but it was the steering wheel. I pulled off the horn button and turns out the previous owner just tighten the nut as hard as he could and didn't use and adapter that's required. I was furious and who knows how many times I had taken my wife out to local car shows, work, afternoon sunday etc. I tell you god was on my side for letting it happen at home at 10 miles an hour. They guy I bought it from was a mechanic go figure.

The next one was recent and I thought it was funny to see someone modify a seat frame with 2 by 4's. They screwed the two by fours to the cab and used wood screws to bolt the seat to the 2 by fours. The seat bolts never even go through the cab. One good fender bender and my big ass would have flown out with the seat. Did I mention that the seat belts were also screwed into the 2 by 4's. The previous owner needed to lift the seat because he was to short to see over the steering wheel so that was his remedy.
2006 Toyo Camry
Soon 69 Firebird 400 Convertible I'm getting it back
Soon Trailblazer or 4 Runner

Last edited by kombreeze; 02-01-2007 at 12:48 PM.
kombreeze is offline   Reply With Quote