The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #51
curbyk
69 C-10 project

I don't post much and usually keep my opinions to myself. The board members have always provided great information on any question I have ever posted. I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING. Keep on keepin on.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #52
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty62
OK, but can I bash PT Cruisers and Pontiac Aztecs? :p
Don't forget about them stupid toyota echos and them scions.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #53
doc_rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddtheodd
Don't forget about them stupid toyota echos and them scions.
Honda Element? can we bash those too?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:40 PM   #54
special-K
Special Order

Wow!This is a hot post!Lots of input.Sometimes I stick my neck out knowing I might get bashed.I`m a fool like that.I don`t care.I like waves.I`m not a trouble maker,I`m just not afraid to differ.Even when it goes against common belief.We need different perspective sometimes.A view from another angle.The thing that makes this ok is not letting it build into a bad thing.Knowing when to let it go,give it up.Some people are more sensitive than others.You can`t expect everyone to put up with crap that you can.My only problem with bashing I see here is when people jump in with a sort of pack mentality.It`s some kinda human nature thing,I guess<but let`s watch it.We`ll all do our part to keep this board objective with some room for criticism.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #55
COBALT

Honestly there have been in the past some real trouble-makers here. A difference of opinion on style, or the way something is done, or facts about these trucks have been thrown around a lot, and usually they're handled in a mature way.

It's when zealots, or people who have a chip on their shoulder get into the discussion, or have strong opinions about things that are inflamatory - when they get into the discussion that's when the problems start.

We've had members who beat up on "newbs" because they tried to sell something they thought was worth something, we've had members who simply start their own rant thread on something so personal it starts an argument, and we've had members say things inflamatory about women, homosexuals, etc. In short those guys either get slapped for it, they get banned, or they realize they overstepped the bounds and apologize.

This is a good group of people. I'm a "newb", only because when I joined this board 4 years ago I knew didly-squat about being a mechanic. 4 years later I can rebuild a suspension, rebuilt a carburetor, perform a tune-up, upgrade bolt-on stuff, but I have yet to build an engine, transmission, axle, or do body work and paint, so I'm still a "newb" until I can say I've done those things with confidence.

Don't sweat it. If someone starts acting like an ass don't let it bother you.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote