The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
oldblue72

Red face I'm new and have questions about 72 c-10

I am new to the message board. I live in a tiny town in southern California. My great grandfather bought a truck when it was new in 1972 and it's been in my family ever since. I love the darn thing. It's a custom deluxe 10. It has the original paint (blue two-tone) and is in pretty good condition. It has the 350 engine and is a longbed. I'll try and get some pictures of it. I use it everyday around town. The transmission could be rebuilt but it doesn't give me much trouble. I learned some general stuff like changing oil, changing tranny fluid, sparks, points, and things like that. Just enough to keep it running. But I want to know more. How much does a tran rebuild cost? How much does the truck weigh? Where can I find a bench seat that looks like the original (blue plaid w/ some white detailed vinyl)? How much is it worth? I believe it has mostly original parts in it. There isn't rust to speak of. Some brick red primer shows in the bed (only in the bed and only a bit). The body is in excellent condition. The only paint problem is on the hood. It has some discoloration (cream color) I think it's from years of chemicals or gases coming from the under the hood. The engine was probably worked on by my uncle but not replaced. I'd love to hear any general information about the truck and feel free to ramble on. Every time a see a picture of a truck that looks like mine on the forum my heart starts beating faster. I get a real kick out of 'em. Remember, I am only 17 and l'm still learning so don't assume I know what every part is. Thanks for any info you have.

Last edited by oldblue72; 04-15-2005 at 06:22 PM.
oldblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote