The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #51
Derrickbwg

oh man am I going to beat a dead horse but I do want to share my gas tank experience even though it wan't an explosion. Flashback to 1988, I'm 16 and have had my 1972 fully restored swb chevy (I'm getting teary thinking about it)apx 2 years. At a party and I leave my truck to go four wheeling in a bronco with some friends. Got stuck a couple of times and came back to find my truck missing. Friends tell us that some other friends(9 friends exactly, 4 up front, 5 in the back) took my truck down the road to anothers house. We go barrelling down the road and crest a hill to see two of my friends limping up the road, they tell us the truck is over the hill upside down. Long story short, it was. 4 brand new tires spinning, and the point to my story...the full tank of gas gushing out of the filler neck pouring into the cab(now the roof) and pooling around the door. The driver and a passenger had gas all over her from getting out of the cab. She had flipped it on an embankment and tosed the passengers out of the bed. Miracously only a few stitches on one girl and one rolled truck. The proximity of the tank to the passenger compartment is what I'm leary of. There doesn't have to be an explosion to make a situation dangerous.

Last edited by Derrickbwg; 10-07-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Derrickbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #52
racer face

boy this one opened pandora's box. my tank was moved to the rails

1968 1 Ton Dually Flatbed 327/th400
1968 C30 Open Road 327/th400
1997 F350 CREWCAB 4X4 460 BIGBLOCK
racer face is offline   Reply With Quote