The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #51
lowrollin70gmc
Too many projects

Re: WOW ummmm WOW

Nobody tell the future buyer that the bose stereo is used.

My aunt used to work for them and during new employee training the president stated. "If you want Bose in your car and don't have it, you bought the wrong car." They specifically tune the acoustics to all materials in the vehicle, and don't sell aftermarket pieces.
68 K20 Suburban 12V Cummins/NV5600/NP205/D60/11.5AAM 3.73s "Dakota Cadillac"
63 Chevy II Nova Coupe 250 I6/T56/4.56s "Economy car"
53 Willys Wagon 350/NV4500/BW4401/HP D44/9inch “Winter Wagon”
30 Model A 16 Focus ST
lowrollin70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #52
bskylerj
Account Suspended

look at this one. Why would anybody paint the truck with pink like that.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/car/260840739.html
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:38 AM   #53
67 cst swb

I wish this thread had been started with no dollar figure posted. I think everyone would love the truck.
I look at it like this. You either like the truck or you don't. regardless of how much a owner has (or claims to have) into a truck. When you first see a vehicle on the street, your first impression is "cool" or "yuck"... you don't get to see the price tag then decide whether you like it or not.
Look at it WITHOUT a price tag attached... that's how I feel a vehicle should be looked at. The $$$ only should matter to the buyer or potential buyer... not the observer's...
Sorry... Just my opinion...
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White

Last edited by 67 cst swb; 01-17-2007 at 02:40 AM.
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #54
sleepyboy
'69 Step

One thing I like about this site is the guys getting dirty fingers and bloody knuckles upgrading the trucks we love. Money does not make you always click with the club.
sleepyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #55
turbochevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 cst swb View Post
I wish this thread had been started with no dollar figure posted. I think everyone would love the truck.
I look at it like this. You either like the truck or you don't. regardless of how much a owner has (or claims to have) into a truck. When you first see a vehicle on the street, your first impression is "cool" or "yuck"... you don't get to see the price tag then decide whether you like it or not.
Look at it WITHOUT a price tag attached... that's how I feel a vehicle should be looked at. The $$$ only should matter to the buyer or potential buyer... not the observer's...
Sorry... Just my opinion...

I agree with you about liking the truck, I do like it..... in fact I am going to use some of what he has done on my truck. I am / did look at the vehicle, I also look at Ferrari 430 spiders all day and cannot figure out the 350-400K price tag either. A Vehicle is worth what someone will pay for it, and the world is full of people caught up in the "Barret Jackson", and the "Boyd Coddington" TV shows. All these shows have done is ruin the classic car market IMHO. They have taken what was once obtainable by common man and put it out of reach.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #56
BP68

Does anyone know the exact wheel size and offset and front and rear tire sizes on that truck?

Looks like maybe 18's up front and 20's in the rear?

I am doing a 68 shortbed with a 4/6 drop, and the one detail I cannot decide on is 18's or 20's.

I don't want to mix sizes. But I want a 8" or 8.5" wide front set and a 10" wide rear set.

Opinions??????????

P.S. I really like that truck. 110K sounds crazy, but those nearly unlimited budgets allow limitless possibilities. It's really cool to see the full potential of people like Chip Foose come out in a project, even if the average guy can't afford one of his vehicles. Yet most of us can still take at least one idea or concept from a truck like this and apply it to our rides, or be inspired to come up with our own custom creations.

My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=269999

Last edited by BP68; 01-19-2007 at 11:48 PM.
BP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #57
local13hutch

Unless you have actually built something with your own two hands and sweat- time-imagination-and patience and know the feeling and satisfaction that comes with it you cant in a million years understand what it feels like.And all the first place trophies and big receipts are evidence of how hard some one else worked on your project and how much you over paid and got burnt left and right. For instance seventy five thousand dollers in this particuler truck and he is asking seventy five hmmmm do you think hell get it I DONT Hey more power to him if he does but half maby....All personality aside look at ebay and and any place else ...reality check...
72 3/4 ton sub 4x4
61 morris minor pickup, chevy 4.3 v6
03 escalade, 24" momo's wifes
96 2wd 2door tahoe
67 2wd suburban
72 4wd k5 99 vortec 14bolt/d60 205/th400- 72 4wd crewcab 1 ton sb cummins allison -2012 2ss camaro black hard top- 8 yamaha quads- 05 4wd one ton duramax dually, family limo.
local13hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #58
bigblock73
yeller

I think some of you guys are forgetting something. Not everyone has the tools, time, space, patience, or knowledge to restore/build a car or truck from the ground up. I think all or cars and trucks are cool, and it doesn't matter to me if they were owner built or paid by the owner to be built...at least this old car or truck is still on the road and being enjoyed and appreciated the way it should be. A good example of this concept is our good buddy Ken N2TRUX. Ken did not build his '77 himself, but had most of the work done by a shop. Does this mean Ken doesn't appreciate his truck the same way someone who built their own does? No. Ken had a key part in the build of this truck and how it came to be what it is...a lot of the ideas were brewed up in his head and passed along to the builder. I love his truck, and won't be looking at him or his ride any differently because of how it was conceived.

While the asking price of this truck seems high to us do-it-yourselfers, it isn't out of line based on what is cost to build and perhaps the craftmanship that went into it.

Besides that, how many of us bought our houses as opposed to building them? How many of us paid to have renovations done instead of doing them ourselves? Just cause we probably could have built our own, and bought it instead, doesn't mean we doen't appreciate them or take care of them.

Last edited by bigblock73; 01-20-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #59
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
I think some of you guys are forgetting something. Not everyone has the tools, time, space, patience, or knowledge to restore/build a car or truck from the ground up. I think all or cars and trucks are cool, and it doesn't matter to me if they were owner built or paid by the owner to be built...at least this old car or truck is still on the road and being enjoyed and appreciated the way it should be. A good example of this concept is our good buddy Ken N2TRUX. Ken did not build his '77 himself, but had most of the work done by a shop. Does this mean Ken doesn't appreciate his truck the same way someone who built their own does? No. Ken had a key part in the build of this truck and how it came to be what it is...a lot of the ideas were brewed up in his head and passed along to the builder. I love his truck, and won't be looking at him or his ride any differently because of how it was conceived.

While the asking price of this truck seems high to us do-it-yourselfers, it isn't out of line based on what is cost to build and perhaps the craftmanship that went into it.

Besides that, how many of us bought our houses as opposed to building them? How many of us paid to have renovations done instead of doing them ourselves? Just cause we probably could have built our own, and bought it instead, doesn't mean we doen't appreciate them or take care of them.

I could have probably saved $75K on my house if I had contracted it by myself. However, I have never built a house from scratch and didn't know where to start (next time I will ). As far as the cost of trucks, look at it this way, if he gets close to what he is asking for his truck, it will just make your home built truck worth more . Seriously, it takes a lot of money and time to build these trucks (as we all know) no matter how you do it. I can appreciate a build, whether its mucho $$$$$$ or shoestring. I've got way more money in my 69 Suburban than I could ever possibly sell it for, but I don't care I'm building it the way I want. The only way I'm going to get the money out of my 48, is to drive it out (which I'm doing, almost 14K miles ). I bought my 52 as a started project and I've already got $15K (.05/hr for my labor ) in it and I don't even have a motor and transmission.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...57#post1960857 There are many good things about these high dollar builds:

1) we all get to see good (and bad!) ideas at someone else expense
2) the exposure that some of these $$$$$ trucks get, create interest in the hobby and thereby increase the availabilty/supply of new parts/pieces for our trucks
3) and they give us some interesting web coversations

The only bad thing I see is, now most everyone that own a rusting hulk sitting out in a field, thinks their "classic" is worth almost as much as the restored one on Barret Jackson.

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 01-20-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #60
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP68 View Post
Does anyone know the exact wheel size and offset and front and rear tire sizes on that truck?

Looks like maybe 18's up front and 20's in the rear?

I am doing a 68 shortbed with a 4/6 drop, and the one detail I cannot decide on is 18's or 20's.

I don't want to mix sizes. But I want a 8" or 8.5" wide front set and a 10" wide rear set.

Opinions??????????

P.S. I really like that truck. 110K sounds crazy, but those nearly unlimited budgets allow limitless possibilities. It's really cool to see the full potential of people like Chip Foose come out in a project, even if the average guy can't afford one of his vehicles. Yet most of us can still take at least one idea or concept from a truck like this and apply it to our rides, or be inspired to come up with our own custom creations.
The front is 18" X 8" with a 4.5" backspace and the rear is 20" X 9" with a 5" backspace. The wheels were ordered and shopped from "Newstalgia wheels". The tries themselves were around a grand in cost.

The shame is that the owner of the $110K truck knows less about the products in his truck than all of us. He has to refer to his tickets to know that is there.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #61
Boog
laying low

Well in spite of the fact he had it built for him he is still a truck guy right? He knows good looks when he sees it. That truck, trailer and building to store it in adds up to a lot of money he could easily have spent on something foreign but he chose a Chevy truck. I give him a thumbs up for that.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #62
jimmydean

I think the truck looks awesome, don't get me wrong there. But just like ebay, I am always in amazement what some people think things are worth vs. what's invested vs. what someone will pay.

There are a lot of trucks on this board with high dollar build tags. But the bottom line is I am a cheap bastard and can't bring myself to spend half my annual income on a truck/car/motorcycle/boat/toy of any kind.

But that's just me. If someone gives him $75k for that truck, I applaud his efforts.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #63
turbochevy

I think this one is more in line:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/265463766.html

Well worth that money IMHO
Old 01-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #64
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Its not the investmet in a ride that matters its attitude that goes with it. Example, theres a guy here thats has a pro built 69 Z-28. Over 80k invested, at a local show a 69 Nova took best of show that was owner built. The guy with the Z came unglued that his car wasn't picked. Said the Nova didn't deserve it cos he didn't have as much in it. I won't even look his way walk past and look at the next one. To me that when $$$$ takes place of common sense.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #65
72cheyennesuper20

Are these guys counting there time at $200.00 per hour????
72cheyennesuper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #66
sixtysevengmc
village idiot

sixtysevengmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #67
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

The shop that did this work did ALL of the work and supported the transport to other shops for the exhaust, then getting the exhaust pieces to another state for the coatings, and the time to do the air bags, frame mods, speaker boxes, stereo install, seats, paint work, motor rework, and the transport of the tuned port to S&P for chrome work. As I stated before, their shop rates are relatively cheap for what they can do. EXAMPLE: Imagine paying $45.00 an hour for sanding and polishing out the automatic transmission housing. Their paint work is immaculate and there is a lot of hours of work in the body. The bed seams are welded together not bolted. The mods to the bed and cab are smoothed and finished professionally. The fuel filler and fuel tank install is outstanding, the frame is smoothed and the air tank for the air bags is matched to the truck. At $45.00 an hour and then convert that to $65.00 an hour in the paint booth putting the colors on, it adds up fast. The hours of finish sanding and buffing on a paint job like this adds up to the hundreds.

Don't get me wrong on this, the owner is a great guy, I work with him and he is knowledgable in the process of trucks, cars and the like. However, the guys that put this together called him or talked to him at the shop and recommended the many different parts that are in it. He answered by telling them to go ahead and wrote the next check. I have been looking at parts and different items for my 68 and these guys put most of the same items that I looked at in this truck. It is a very well assembled truck and it is clean and well done. I have a whole file of pics on this truck and I appreciate the work he had done. I just don't get the idea of spending serious dollars and not knowing the products that you spend them on. The cost of this truck does not include the covered trailer and the new garage he built to keep it in. The advantages of NOT being married any more, I guess.

Last edited by piecesparts; 01-20-2007 at 06:11 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #68
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Sorry but for that kind of money I'm buying a truck and a place to park it.
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #69
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Well in spite of the fact he had it built for him he is still a truck guy right? He knows good looks when he sees it. That truck, trailer and building to store it in adds up to a lot of money he could easily have spent on something foreign but he chose a Chevy truck. I give him a thumbs up for that.

bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #70
local13hutch

As with most things we invest in like our homes for instance the rule of thumb is if you put a hundred thousand doller upgrade in it one way or another it equates into about 20 to 30% on the doller give or take a little I think this applies to most investments and as far as comparing homes to hot rods its similer but I dont plan on intering my home in any house competitions anytime soon but I imagine they probably do have them. Dont get me wrong I am not trying to just argue I really enjoy talking to all you guys I listen to your opinions and just want to voice ''minesisis''. I drive a 86 suburban I paid 4.000$ for and ive got about 43.000$ in it I havent even touched the interior or the paint and its full of rust and the seats are foam duct tape and cheap seat covers but it runs like a dream and I get more satisfaction cruising it around than I do in any of my other rigs it might be a little on the ugly side but I built every part of it and I think its beautifull and I could probably sell it for about 12.000$ if im lucky. I do have a show quality vehicle or two and do ''most'' of the work.
72 3/4 ton sub 4x4
61 morris minor pickup, chevy 4.3 v6
03 escalade, 24" momo's wifes
96 2wd 2door tahoe
67 2wd suburban
72 4wd k5 99 vortec 14bolt/d60 205/th400- 72 4wd crewcab 1 ton sb cummins allison -2012 2ss camaro black hard top- 8 yamaha quads- 05 4wd one ton duramax dually, family limo.
local13hutch is offline   Reply With Quote