The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #51
69rut

Re: MAR-K rant

I was going to purchase some parts from a guy in VA who sells sheet metal and other restoration pieces. His store is on the way to my in-laws. I was traveling during the week, and he was going to a big show in NC. He said his wife would be there. Well she wasn't. When I got him on his cell he said I should have called first. I had otherwise I would have not known he was in NC. So he says sorry.

Now I drive out of my way to another place. The first cat will not get my money!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Tommy Wentz in Danville?Enough said.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #53
jaros44sr

Thanks Mark- K for your products and support of our hobby. My truck would not look as good if it wasn't for your wood bed.
Glad to see your listening... J.

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #54
special-K
Special Order

I was looking for another thread and saw this thing again and it made me think....It`s gonna be fun going and facing these guys after bashing them over a pointless rant.I hope a friend will ride along.Those retarded cripples might take awhile to load it up.Have fun.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-15-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #55
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Thumbs up Re: MAR-K rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR-Ktech View Post
I am the owner of Mar-K writing for Mar-Ktech. We have been silent during this exchange but we appreciate the comments, both pro and con about our company and policies. All our customers' needs are important to us and obviously if we do not meet their needs frequently, we go out of business. Since being on this forum we have made a lot of improvements, some subtle and some significant, due specifically to comments and complaints expressed here. As a company we do pay attention.

We struggle daily with the balance between being totally accommodating to the customer and being totally uncaring, and find middle ground that works best for our customers and us. Until a few years ago, we were open for business Saturdays. We occasionally sold something, we met some really great people and discussed their various projects, and I think they liked being able to come in on their day off. On Saturdays we also have been stood up by customers, robbed, had employees call in 'sick', taken bad checks, etc, etc.

At some point we looked at who we are and what is important. We are a manufacturing company that makes a product we love and are proud of. Our focus remains on building top quality products and many believe we do a pretty good job of that. Several dealers resell our product and their focus is on working directly with the customer/user and they do a great job of customer service at that level. We encourage customers who need great one on one service to work with our dealers in their area.

All your comments are important to us and carefully considered. We hope to continue to be your supplier of quality products for your truck.

Mar-Ktech
Why not be open Tuesday-Saturday? Still get two days off & customer's can come in on their day off.

Just a suggestion.

Later,
Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #56
Dano69c10

When I was a youngin' workin retail, I would always ask my boss if he hated working on weekends and nights. He told me "if you do not want to work weekends and nights, you shouldn't work in retail." I took his advice and became a teacher. I see alot of retail businesses (auto parts, home improvement, etc.) open on the weekends and that's great for workin' guys. If you are a manufacturing business then I think M-F 8 - 5 is great, but if you're in retail truck part business, then look at all of the other autoparts stores and have comparable hours.
Just my opinion that's probably not worth even 2 cents
Dano

Maybe a compromise would be to open and close later on some weekdays to accomodate guys and gals who work from 8 am - 5 pm.

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #57
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR-Ktech View Post
...Until a few years ago, we were open for business Saturdays. We occasionally sold something, we met some really great people and discussed their various projects, and I think they liked being able to come in on their day off. On Saturdays we also have been stood up by customers, robbed, had employees call in 'sick', taken bad checks, etc, etc.

At some point we looked at who we are and what is important. We are a manufacturing company that makes a product we love and are proud of. Our focus remains on building top quality products and many believe we do a pretty good job of that. Several dealers resell our product and their focus is on working directly with the customer/user and they do a great job of customer service at that level. We encourage customers who need great one on one service to work with our dealers in their area. ...
Come guys, he addressed being open on Saturdays and even gave you an alternative should you need further assistance.

Sonny
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #58
65-72 chevytoys

So did you get the parts?
2004 Corvette Z16 #770
Wish I had not sold 72 blazer
65-72 chevytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #59
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65-72 chevytoys View Post
So did you get the parts?
yes i wenk to OKC yesterday to get them.....they were nice people and their operation is bigger then i thought....the quaility is IMO as good if not better then original...i put it together and am in the process of lining my gaps for the TG up.....overall they had good instructions, nice people, and good packageing.....would it of been nice to go on my day off, yes, but i still have a hundred something hrs of PTO left....so it works out (allways does)... will i order from them again?? i plan on getting there hidden bed wood and stipes for it, just as soon as im ready....shipped of coarse...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #60
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I think Mar-K hit the nail on the head.They are a manufacturer(I did not think of this before my first reply) and in order to be a good one they have to focus on manufacturing.So they do,they also sideline selling their product,mostly to accomodate customers.They do have vendors to sell and serve their customers.The vendors specialize in customer service......
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #61
GMC Jim

Wondering what the thots are of any of you that have tried to accomadate the customers by opening the store before regular hours; staying later that normal ??? I, for one .. have been there, done that. Back in the late '60s and early '70's. I was a parts guy for a GM dealership located in northern Montana. Most of our business was from the farmers of that rural area.

Today, I would like to have $1.00 for customers that would call around 4:00-5:00 A.M. stating they were on their way in to the store for a fan-belt for their grain truck which had broken down 40-50 miles away....,so I would crawl out of bed, grab a cup of instant coffee and drive to the dealership which was about 5 miles away... and..... They Never Showed Up - Or Had The Courtesy To Call That The Part Was No Longer Needed......I have even gone back home after waiting 2 hours; only to get a call that they would be a "little late" !!!!! and would have to make another trip to the dealership !!!!!!
I certainly did not appreciate this interuption of my only day off (Sunday)
In the 2 1/2 years I was employed by the dealership; I would say that one out of every four calls for afterhours parts were no-shows.
Just thot I would interject another side to this 'discussion'......and mention I never got paid for any of these afterhour jaunts..... It was part of the "job"......
Old 03-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

BINGO!

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 03-17-2007 at 08:03 AM.