The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #51
BurnoutNova

Re: "Trends"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
As much as I like them, those cast-center (gray) Torque Thrusts and Salt Flats wheels will look dated in a couple of years.
thats what there supposed to do, look dated. dated to the mid to late 60's when they were popular. they were so poular chevy even immitated them with there '70 Z-28 wheels
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #52
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten View Post
Ahem.

i dig the western bullets, but LOOSE the spoiler
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #53
84 400
Sb 400 club

What will pass: I think he large rim thing, black rim thing, heck rims in general, TV's,
I kinda wish every pickup did not have dual exhaust. I used to hear a rumble and look but now 9.5 times out of 10 it is just another plain jane with duals. And the whole Flatz black 90's ara car/truck.
I wish the ricer them would pass too but it is the evolution of hot rodding I think even tho it is died down a bit. They can make crazy power with them things and get alot better MPG which with the price of gas only going up and all............

I don't know what tread i fit into but i have always like simple body, 5 spoke 15 inch wheels with wider rubber on the back. Stock interior with a healthy better then stock drive train. I guess that is pro street?
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #54
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

I really hope "rat rods" go out of style, so my truck can go back to being an old POS.

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #55
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

It can be hard to predict what will go out when. But I do know that the bigger something "hits" [like the big vinyl letters on the back window of your Neon] the more ridiculous it looks when it goes out...
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #56
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Yes and was it the light green one they showed the back of? I remember that one.
Kevin
LFD Inc.
No Kevin,I had it Porche red and he painted it candy or pearl and put a`72 grille in it.

I had a warmed-up LS6 crate motor and the way I interpret pro-street is a ride built for the strip that is still street legal (well sorta) with full interior,roll up windows,heat...I raced a tubbed Cuda that couldn`t do a burnout (looked good in the mirror.Maybe he had plans for more power later.Another time I saw a`67 Chevelle with 10" tires beat out a tubbed car by 10 car lengths.That`s when pro-street sucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-28-2008 at 04:48 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #57
c10addict

Die Donk Die... And take your freaking Lambo doors with you when you go!!

Its funny, your cool dragging frame with a truck or putting 30's under a car?? Hummm.....

Lambos dont even have the "lambo doors" on the new cars!
Attached Images

54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #58
rambler
MOVE OVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetstar View Post
, and the orbiter, well, it almost speaks for itself -- the most *****en Airstream ever made

If I remember this started out as a stanless steel milk tanker.... a great looking vechicle and nice story of his trip through the panama canal..
Old 03-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #59
wdrthird

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
lol
Attached Images

wdrthird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #60
68Stepbed

-edit- content removed to keep from starting a fight.

Apologies to all.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system

Last edited by 68Stepbed; 03-30-2008 at 12:32 AM.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #61
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

I've yet to understand why it bothers some of us with what someone else does to their ride, whether it be in good taste or bad.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #62
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Well, my purpose of starting this thread was not to talk trash about what people do to their rides, but to discuss current '67-'72 truck trends that are here now but may not be in a few years.

For example, what about one piece windows? Will those be looked at as a trend or an improvement in the design? Or what about the newer 3rd row seating being used? Is that going to "date" when a truck was built?

And it's not that I'm worried about "dating" my ride... this is just a discussion!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #63
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Sounds good to me. I like you am not into trash talk.

esll. , .

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 03-30-2008 at 01:24 AM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #64
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Trends in our trucks will always be around, like some that has been stated. I don't care for some of 'em and some methods that are used are over rated. It seems that pullin' a ride out of the barn,shed,woods etc. And baggin' stickin' a crate in it or what ever and never touchin' body hopefully will pass. Even if its in primer at least it wll look like its ready. I think the '' rat '' look is cool. But when thousands is spent but not noticed is kinda why? We all look and wonder sometimes when at a show. No matter if its high,mid or a low dollar build. I guess mine will be ''trendy'' since I painted it in black epoxy and runnin' cherry bombs with white lettered tires LOL!!!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 38YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:45 AM   #65
Alvin
Never Done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel29gm View Post
Trends in our trucks will always be around, like some that has been stated. I don't care for some of 'em and some methods that are used are over rated. It seems that pullin' a ride out of the barn,shed,woods etc. And baggin' stickin' a crate in it or what ever and never touchin' body hopefully will pass. Even if its in primer at least it wll look like its ready. I think the '' rat '' look is cool. But when thousands is spent but not noticed is kinda why? We all look and wonder sometimes when at a show. No matter if its high,mid or a low dollar build. I guess mine will be ''trendy'' since I painted it in black epoxy and runnin' cherry bombs with white lettered tires LOL!!!!!!
You make a good point. I bought a whole 'nother truck simply because it had an original paint "patina" body I wanted. Now I sit back and look at my project, and although it looks sweet, I kinda feel I should have something "nicer" for the money I have thrown at it. Like you said, thousands spent, but not really noticeable (which I guess that's okay too).

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 AM   #66
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

My goal is '' Wow not a bad lookin' ride, when its done'' Little they know is what they see is what they get!!! Patina is seen several ways to me its faded paint not surface rust. Wheels makes anything look good but not on a rusty body!!
69 C-10, OWNED 38YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #67
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel29gm View Post
Patina is seen several ways to me its faded paint not surface rust. Wheels makes anything look good but not on a rusty body!!
They sure can make the right 'rusty' body look much better.

I remember I got more compliments in one week on my 68 Beater after I put the TT2's on it than I had gotten in the previous year I had been driving it. Once they noticed the wheels, they came in for a closer look @ other modifications & there was a much better response toward the project.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #68
streetstar

So to summarize -- whats already out :
Pro Street, Faux street, Hot tub beds, Ratical convertible tops, checkerboard and neon graphics, obviously dated 80's style wheels and accesories , multi tube light bars, "Ultra Hot" and "Hot" rear window decals, Rat rod treatment on later model vehicles, all tweed interiors, billet overload and neon undercarriage kits

Possibly on the way out :
Ba-donka donks, wheels over 20" on most classics, layin frame, "shop truck" logos with no meaning, Mexican blanket seat covers, insane turbo motors on drivers

Stuff that will probably remain stylish and/or neutral forevermore:
Period 15" wheels,(rallyes, steelies, US mags, S/S 5 spokes and the many variations), Big and little tire combos, within reason , Airbags, Tastefully applied flat paint or primer, chevy small and big blocks, The LS motors are not going anywhere either. I think the jury is still out on patina

A couple things that i can envision picking up some more over the next 5 years , powerplant wise, are the inline 6'es and Chevy's somewhat "forgotten" big blocks -- the 348's and 409's. Obviously, i can see the hot rod community banding together in order to share better gas mileage secrets for the years ahead ---(paging Jeff Smith - is Jeff Smith in the building?)
As far as chassis stuff goes - who knows? - only time will tell. I think the 15" wide, 20" tall rear tire will replace Pro Street, and that look may just be getting warmed up

I did just read an editorial in 'Ol Skool Rodz about bagging on other people's rides though that brought some points home to me.
If someone is proud enough of their spouses or significant others to post a pic, there are damn few people out there who will heckle the poster for his life choice-- when you love somebody, you can look past the flaws (everybody has 'em if they are nitpicked hard enough)

Why should we then feel its okay to judge someone else's project (unless an opinion is asked of course)

So even if you want to run sawblade wheels on a back half S-10 with wheelie bars, snorkel hood scoop covering an anemic 305, and a pullout clarion tape deck -------
I'll give you a wave as you go by, or a salute if you post a pic

Nonsense! I'm in my prime

Last edited by streetstar; 03-30-2008 at 09:28 AM.
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #69
HoupPhotography

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetstar View Post

I did just read an editorial in 'Ol Skool Rodz about bagging on other people's rides though that brought some points home to me.
If someone is proud enough of their spouses or significant others to post a pic, there are damn few people out there who will heckle the poster for his life choice-- when you love somebody, you can look past the flaws (everybody has 'em if they are nitpicked hard enough)

Why should we then feel its okay to judge someone else's project (unless an opinion is asked of course)

So even if you want to run sawblade wheels on a back half S-10 with wheelie bars, snorkel hood scoop covering an anemic 305, and a pullout clarion tape deck -------
I'll give you a wave as you go by, or a salute if you post a pic

I read that also and is a damn good point.... everyone's style is different! If we were all the same, how boring would the world be?!
HoupPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #70
DURRTY
USMC

what happened to curb feelers? too bad you don't see those anymore. that one should have stayed.

The 20"+ wheels with a low profile street tire on a 1 ton 4X4 pick up can go and go soon. How is that OK? or cool? a truck capable of pulling and moving that much is only NEUTERED by doing that to it. one curb or parking block will ruin it, render it underivable because the rim got destroyed??? might as well carry a pink purse full of make up and tampons while you drive it.

Last edited by DURRTY; 03-30-2008 at 12:40 PM.
DURRTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #71
caminokid
Chevy nut

I dont follow trends. I am a person who like the body stock. If it came with 15" wheels...it will still have 15" wheels. Stock suspension...unless its a 4X4. I want to get up into a truck...not sit down into it.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #72
Madmandav
Madmandav

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10addict View Post
Die Donk Die... And take your freaking Lambo doors with you when you go!!

Its funny, your cool dragging frame with a truck or putting 30's under a car?? Hummm.....

Sorry but IMO that look is COMPLETELY retarded.
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=287407
'72 Chevy longbed
'70 Chevy longbed (million pieces)(FROSTBITE)
'79 Monte Carlo
'07 Chevy HHR
'00 Yamaha V-star
'05 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged
Madmandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #73
duane67c-10

this is what my truck looked like when i got it, im thinking late 80s!
Attached Images

duane67c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #74
clay68c10

How about Euro or clear style tail lights? Those seem to be on every 90's pickup in the DFW area.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #75
corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE View Post
I've yet to understand why it bothers some of us with what someone else does to their ride, whether it be in good taste or bad.

esll.
Finally, a post I can agree with. All of these trends are part of our car history.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote