The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #51
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

Re: HHO Gas - Brown Gas

ok i started reserching this more tonight... interesting, just google HHO, see everything that comes up.. some interesting videos.. also alot of sites selling quart mason jars with wires in it and tubes for 89.99 or more....

so the question i have is this...how do i get the baking soda to mix with the water...

from what im thinking you would have to add a tank for water, along with yoru gas tank. ok can do that. then i could use somethign like a water pump from a rv to keep it mixing, . i think i could work on this... but how do i mix the baking soda..lol

and really from all the videls i watched, most of them are just sittign there idleing, shwo me one of these home made systems driving.....
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #52
odog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
found it
The first law of thermodynamics, also called conservation of energy, states that the total amount of energy in the universe is constant. This means that all of the energy has to end up somewhere, either in the original form or in a different from
Ok I stand corrected. You cannot 'lose' energy. I will be reading up on this weekend, This is a pretty good subject sice it covers almost all of our needs. I think this will work, even if the engine does not totally run on water.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #53
BBGMC

Does anyone know where that 1969 Chevy truck vid is from I cant find it anywhere and would like to find out what the box on the bottom of his front chassis is just under the tube
BBGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #54
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMC454 View Post

so the question i have is this...how do i get the baking soda to mix with the water...

from what im thinking you would have to add a tank for water, along with your gas tank. ok can do that. then i could use somethign like a water pump from a rv to keep it mixing, . i think i could work on this... but how do i mix the baking soda..lol
Baking soda mixes with water very easily. You just stir it in.

No water tank for what is being discussed in this thread, just the quart glass or plastic jar... No water pump either... I think you are missing the point of this thread. It is not to get your vehicle to run on water, it is to produce a small amount of Oxyhydrogen gas from the water in the small container which hopefully will enhance the combustion process of the gasoline that powers your vehicle.

Instead of doing a search on HHO, which produces very broad results, do a search on the word "water electrolyzer plans" (without the quotes). The electrolyzer produces the "Browns Gas" that is the main subject of this thread.... You will still have to sort out the automotive from the other related uses such as torches.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 07-11-2008 at 02:10 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:06 AM   #55
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

ok thanks... will look it up that way later on today, in the daylight anyway...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 AM   #56
ERASER5

Interesting.
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #57
69long"n"low

this is too good i saw the mythbusters episocd and thought that it wouldnt work but now i got some faith in it

Im not white trash, I'm one step above that..... more like white clutter
69long"n"low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #58
Ol'Rover
Project: years too late.

wow very cool!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #59
72 cheyenne pdx

Although I think this concept is a great idea, but I don't think I would want to get my drinking water from the tailpipe of my truck.
72 cheyenne pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #60
bretleg

i grow very un easy knowing a guy that i work with blew up the front of his car with it
bretleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #61
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretleg View Post
i grow very un easy knowing a guy that i work with blew up the front of his car with it
pics????
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #62
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

yeah man, you can't talk about something going BOOM! without posting pics.

IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #63
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
found it
The first law of thermodynamics, also called conservation of energy, states that the total amount of energy in the universe is constant. This means that all of the energy has to end up somewhere, either in the original form or in a different from
Not that it has anything to do with this topic but let us not forget Einstein's thoughts as well, E=Mc^2 or, energy = mass X the speed of light squared or, simply stated mass accelerated beyond the speed of light becomes energy and inversely energy decelerated to sub light speed becomes mass.

My head hurts...

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"

Last edited by breeh; 07-12-2008 at 03:18 AM.
breeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #64
Indyuke

Haha... I watched a guy do the same thing. Didn't use a flash arrestor.
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #65
tkmad

C'mon guys. Don't fall for it...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com:80/mon...gletary12.html
tkmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #66
odog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmad View Post
Ok I read the page, I didn't see anything that said this won't work. It said beware of scams concerning better fuel economy and gadgets. This can be considered a gadget I guess. The article says some may void warrenties. If anybody has a factory warranty on the 67 - 72 I would be impressed. What I am saying is don't poo-poo the thing until its proven not to work. If everybody said don't fall for the gadgets, just do what the EPA and Government tell you, then this country would be really down the crapper. People who invent new ways of doing things are a great part of this country.

Sorry I'll get off my soap box.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #67
T1NMAN

This makes me laugh put a name like bullydog on it and it would sale with out question. People put propane kits on diesels all the time based on the fact it adds power and causes you to use less diesel for that power. Many people do not know that propane is a byproduct of refining oil.The trade off is that yes propane cost's but it cost's less than diesel so all is good.Same goes for nitrous,it is a gas that increases combustion.HHO is also a flammable gas like propane. At normal temperature and pressure, oxyhydrogen can burn when it is between about 4% and 94% hydrogen by volume.When ignited, the gas mixture converts to water vapor and releases energy.oxy gas cutting torches have been around for a long time this is not new stuff.They say that it takes more energy to make than is given out ,well no crap name one petrol based product that doesnt.Most people think that because we have been using cheap oil for the last 60 years that there is no other options .For those who say that you do not get a high enough return for the cost of production let me ask you what does it cost to produce a battery? and what is the return? also what does it cost to charge the battery? and how much lose happens between charge and discarge?
T1NMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #68
odog

Hey t1nman where you at in Idaho?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #69
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

ok whos gonna try this, and figure it out for those of us that are challenged in the thinkin department... lmao.. i if had a old beater, i would experiment...but down to just my motor home and my nissan...hmmm that beater truck i know of is looking good right now

Last edited by 68GMC454; 07-13-2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: cant speel and tpe
68GMC454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #70
T1NMAN

odog im in poky. just getting ready to get started on this one
T1NMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #71
Indyuke

There is no magic bullet to massively increase fuel economy. It's a combination of things. Engine, transmission, rear gearing, wind resistance, tire size, carb type, ignition type, everything plays a role. You get a good combination and you can go a long way (in comparison) on a gallon of gas.

HHO isn't a scam any more than synthetic oil increasing your fuel economy is a scam. It's just another addition to the mix of goodies.
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #72
odog

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1NMAN View Post
odog im in poky. just getting ready to get started on this one
Well Hello from Wendell, If you ever get up this way, PM me or stop by or something. Mekdad is over in Filer, he came by today, looked over the 69 I just finished, we had a good BS session for awhile. Good luck with the burb, keep us posted. It looks like a cool project.

Last edited by odog; 07-13-2008 at 09:04 PM.
odog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #73
BBGMC

Ok So I have found what kit he used in the video along with another guy who used it the other guy used a ford truck and ran nothing but the hho no gas at all. so I guess since I have an open project that needs work I will try it when i get paid and will post vids pics and me driving with it now my truck is far from the 69 that is on here only for the simple fact that I have a 1968 GMC 402 bb 3/4 ton automatic with 3.54:1 rear gears and 17 in wheels and all season tires. I guess I'll go with the super gen brand and don't know the model maybe the Mag drive or just the base one I might just make one myself found a company that will sell the stainless core for cheap and has what looks like great customer service

Last edited by BBGMC; 07-14-2008 at 06:19 PM.
BBGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #74
mekdad

Just have to see where this goes. subscribed
Old 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #75
PipsC10

here is another link, www.halfwaterhalfgas.com

A local guy tried this with a mason jar like pictured on the website and got stopped by the local Highway Patrol. They were unsure of what it was and did not buy his story of it's purpose. They thought it might be some type of Meth lab equipment. Long story short they called out the HazMat team and shut down the highway for 2 hours until they figured out what it was. It did not help that he had it in the passenger compartment with tubes leading under the dash.

Note to self: Don't drive down the highway with mason jars filled with unusual liqued with tubes coming out of them.

Last edited by PipsC10; 07-14-2008 at 07:27 PM.
PipsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote