The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Thumbs up Out of Hibernation...... With Pics!

Between the weather, having different pieces off the truck, and a healthy static drop, I haven't had the bucket out and on the street in a while. The last time I had it out a month ago, she left me high and dry in Lowe's parking lot. I guess a small block really should be timed right, yes? After a bit of parking lot mechanics, I got her home. Uh..... my initial timing was a bit out. Try 18 degrees. Got that ironed out. So decide to take her out for a shakedown today....... and I know you guys and gal like pics so,

Then I bought a used Vette steering wheel from Webrings, thank you!! Figured out that to mount these wheels in our trucks takes a 67-68 Camaro hub and horn mechanism. Painted the hub the same original color as the steering column and viola! Oh yeah, had my glovebox door pinstriped. Kyull67 knows a girl in Springfiled MO that is pinstriping and after seeing her work, I thought I'd give her a try. To say that I'm happy is an understatement!!!Thanks Kyle and THANKS Jill!!

And because Asa is my hero, I'll give it a try.......

I'm going to start carrying tools with me because the last time she died, I had zilch. So I bought an old Coke cooler and threw it in the bed. Gotta love the old school.........

And to wrap this post up in true motorhead fashion; I took a drive around the local lake this afternoon and saw this. When's the last time you saw a '67 Camaro pulling a sailboat trailer. Yes she was rough, but all original and still ticking. I was going to pull my rig next to her and take a pic, but the old Camaro just looked good sitting by herself........

Everyone PLEASE have a safe season of trucking out there this year. Be careful and be safe and enjoy your classic!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote