The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #51
datguysaL

Re: Truck Sits Crooked

oh definately it made a humongous change, the ride feels more firm, and i havnt even replaced the "factory stock shocks". my control arms arent loose anymore and it also changed the stance a little.

down here i was looking at about 50buck per side on control arm bushings only, i ordered the kit from summit and for about 100 somthing, i got all front plus sway bar bushings, trans mount, and rear leaf spring bushings, and other ones that i still havnt figured out where they go. lol..

oh yeah, and that 1/4" i think is from the gas tank, cuz my truck only has 1 tank, but i plan on adding the other tank and just adding transfer pump into my other tank, i dont wanna cut the side of the bed, and with that done, im sure it will get rid of that 1/4.

Last edited by datguysaL; 04-12-2010 at 03:29 PM.
datguysaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #52
jay55jay

Really I am looking to do this def you got the kit from summit. I have that pickle fork what was the hardest part I have already had my a frames seperated when I installed the front springs. How long did it take you to do both sides.
jay55jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #53
datguysaL

well i began around 8 pm, pulled one side off, then was stuck till the next morning until i got ahold of a torch thingy. lol.. but im sure i coulda of done it in about 4 hours if i would of had all my tools in order.. lol..

next morning i began around 8am and by 11 i was already cruising again..

just be careful which way aim the flame and use gloves.

dang! i shoulda took pictures and posted up on here as a how to... sorry, i wasnt thnkn that day.

Last edited by datguysaL; 04-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.
datguysaL is offline   Reply With Quote