The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #51
K5owner

Re: dantes peak movie suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFiftyShifter View Post
What would Rodney King say?
You are probably right two fifty shifter. I wish the op nor anyone else ill will. If a vendor who donated and has direct intimate knowledge of the situation and backs up the op's claims I will take that with some value and drop it right there. It just upset me that upon review that this whole build may have been centered around someone soliciting donations due to being disabled with no intent to help those who are in the same shoes as he and doing it for personal gain only. That is what upset me. Because in my line of work I see people with extreme disabilities not asking for a donation, handout or any supplemental aid who do so with honor and dignity everyday. If this is one of those situations I apologize but at face value it doesn't seem that way. Especially since the op brought up his service as if to justify his actions and although it is his right to do so no one asked him to. That made it seem like he was using it as a means to justify his position when called out on it which would have been dishonorable at best. If I am wrong I apologize I can do so knowing I never meant to offend but I don't apologize for questioning the motive.
K5owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #52
K5owner

Sorry auto correct on my mobile device was supposed to say " I don't wish the op nor anyone else ill will"
K5owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #53
MetroDPS

A person who knowingly publishes or disseminates a false statement tending to impeach the honesty, integrity, virtue, or reputation of a Colorado citizen and thereby exposes him or her to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule, commits criminal libel. See C.R.S. 18-13-105(1). When charged with criminal libel, the burden is on the defendant to prove that the statement he or she made was substantially true when published.

Libel can come in the form of typed letters, handwritten letters, pictures, videos, or emails. Internet libel occurs when someone sends an email containing defamatory statements, sets up a website containing defamatory statements, writes a blog post containing libelous statements, or leaves a comment containing libelous statements.
==========================================
K5 I was not using my situation to justify donations. I was trying to point out I could not change axles, motors or transmissions so this type of build would be easier. As to the Tread Lightly I do not post things until they are locked in. I need to complete Tread Trainer course.

This whole boondoggle could of easily been avoided it Larry and his buddy had PM me their question. Instead they print incorrect statements and things that they have no knowledge of. Neither of them have been given the press release that the companies were given. Nor have they seen the emails between the companies and me.

Larry has made several statements that if I wanted to could seek relief against him under the above Colorado statue.

I only posted here because the OP. I am accused of trying to con people in one sentence and then am crucified for trying to sell related items to pay for things on the build. So it seems I am wrong no matter what I do.

Yes I came in your guys sand box to share some thing that A lot of people seem to think is neat. Where Larry says I posted on the other site I did at first have FB but realized it was not FB. This was a split second and was corrected. Now if I went back and changed things it would of showed the post was edited. Since it was corrected as soon as it was posted it does not show. Larry makes it sound as if he slamed me and then I changed it.

I will not darken your guys any more. Sorry to of caused all this drama.
MetroDPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #54
Zoomad75
K5Camper

I have to agree with K5owner's point. I'm certainly entitled to my opinion and my ability to post it. We can agree to disagree on it the subject.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #55
MetroDPS

I received an PM from Larry on the other forum and since he choose to respond in this manor I want you all to see I pointed out one of his out right lies he has made. You all are being played and do not have all the information.
------------------------------------------------
Re: Just so you know
Go f uck yourself panhandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrodps
Larry you stated
"Metrodps continues to play the wounded cop card over and over too loosen up the heart strings of people for discounted parts, free parts, services all the way down to hitting up strangers for seeking free lodging when he gets to the main event in Wallace".

You have made a slanderous statement in that one! I call you on proving your statement that I attempted to get free lodging from any one in Wallace or the area!

Defamation of character occurs when an individual is injured or damaged by a communication that exposes him to contempt or ridicule. Defamation of character is an unjustified and wrongful offense, which deprives a person of his essential dignity and worth. Many states, including Colorado, have laws that support a cause of action against a person or party that defames an individual. In Colorado, that statute of limitations for filing a defamation claim is one year.

Publication of Defamatory Statement
In Colorado, there are four required elements of a cause of action for defamation. The first element includes a defamatory statement concerning another, and the second element is publication of that statement to a third party. Publication is defined by Colorado statute as follows: "No action for libel or slander may be brought or maintained unless the party charged with such defamation has published, either orally or in writing, the defamatory statement to a person other than the person making the allegation of libel or slander." In other words, the responsible party must have published the defamatory to a person other than the defamed person.
Self-publication

The Colorado statute also sets forth that the defamatory statement must be communicated directly to a third party. The statute reads, "Self-publication, either orally or in writing, of the defamatory statement to a third person by the person making such allegation shall not give rise to a claim for libel or slander against the person who originally communicated the defamatory statement." In other words, if a person is defamed to his face, and he communicates this defamatory statement to a third party, publication cannot be assigned to the original person.
Fault

The third element of defamation is fault amounting to at least negligence on the part of the publisher. This simply means that defamation need not be intentional. Even if a person did not knowingly or willingly destroy a person's reputation, he can still be held liable under the law.
Damages

The fourth element of defamation under Colorado law is either that the statement is of a type as not to require special damages, or the existence of special damages to the plaintiff caused by the publication. This basically means that the plaintiff may or may not have actual, tangible damages, such as medical expenses incurred as a result of the defamatory statements. Still, the plaintiff must prove that the publication of false or defamatory statements did cause damages, such as the destruction of his reputation and good name.
MetroDPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 AM   #56
dieseldawg142

wow, ok metrodps, i think you should just let this go. i actually took the time to read all the posts on both forums. from what i can see, DirtyLarry made a statement, like it or not, people have different opinions. you flamed this up yourself, DL even basically apoligized for his opinions, & dropped it-fine. what you didn't need to do is post DL pm's. a pm is just that, personal, i dont care or want to see your personal, & this legal mumbo jumbo, wth are you doing???
luckily i live in canada, so here's my opinion, quit being a dick & just let it go!
nice sub though
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #57
Russell
Professional Grade

As someone who has donated thousands to this build out of my own good will, I can tell ya'll that I don't care what Lawrence does with the burb after his car show. He can toss it on eBay and make 50k for all I care. All the better for him.

All I can say is something I am certain your mother has tried to teach all ya'll: If you haven't got anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. Who are you are any of you to piss on Lawrence's parade becuase you question his motives and his methods? What difference does it make if you expose him as a dirty panhandler? Does it make you feel good to know that you've taken an elderly man and thrown his name in the dirt and spit on it?

I've said it again and I'll say it again, this BS shows a far darker character than any panhandler has ever exhibited to me. Grow up and keep your naysaying to yourself. He isn't stealing money from the poor or kicking puppy dogs and kittens with an evil laugh. He is fullfilling a dream of his and those of us in the world who arn't so attached to our money are helping him along becuase we want to. Don't like it? That's fine. Close the thread and carry on. Lawrence may not know how to respond very well to this stuff, but that doesn't make him any less of a family member to some of us.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #58
dieseldawg142

i have no opinion on how he gets his money or his parts or what he does with the truck afterwards, each to their own, it's not my concern, i just think metrodps should just let it go. he's posting on the internet, c'mon not all 400 million people have the same ideas as you, an opinion was stated, a reply was given, end of story. there's no need to be dragging different opinions to other boards in the manner it was presented. you cant say metrodps didn't push this.
like buck up man, he's an ex-cop, this stuff should just roll off his shoulders, it's only an opinion, and please keep this legal crap out of here, it's only words
Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #59
bojak

Wow. You are more fired up than a skinhead watching the Jefferson show. It's not, or at least it wasn't that big of a deal. 2 guys with different opinions is not a new thing. Chill out a little, you have a dantes peak suburban. How bad could life be?
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #60
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojak View Post
2 guys with different opinions is not a new thing. Chill out a little
exactly
Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #61
truckfan