The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
no moa

Meet Project Red, White, and Blue

Well, after a LONG wait, i finally got it. My dream truck. 3/17/11 I found out tonight, the truck is a FAKE. The SPID and vin are from a LWB truck. I'm very disappointed, but i'm going to keep going on it.

Project Red, White and Blue. The RED because i'll be in the red on this project, and the white and blue should be obvious.

1972 C10 shortbed Deluxe, 402/400. Truck has white interior, Leaf rear, we think its a posi but the SPID is ripped so i cant' see it. Special paint. The two-tone is factory. A/C. Everything is there.
Needs a ton of work, Cab, the bed is pretty good, the front fenders are usable, the doors are JUNK. The hook is JUNK. Frame looks really good.
Have all but 1 piece of trim.

Was run last summer motor only, has been sitting since 2002. The 2nd to last owner had it half taken apart to restore, then ran out of money and it sat, and sat, and sat. Untill i saved it today.The guy who owned it now, drove under it with the fork truck, picked it right up and set it on my trailer. I thought for sure i was going to have to crank it up on. Thank heaven. And it didn't do any damage i can see. He was gentle, he has 10 of these trucks.

I paid WAY to much, but i don't care. I dont' have a title, in maine you dont' need one, and i don't care. lol. Little brat aren't I.

On the way home, the bed slide half way off, not to self, always check to make sure everything is bolted down. lol. 300 mile round trip, 120 in fuel, worth every penny.

Progress will be slow. I'm going to fiberglass the crap out of the holes in the cab, put on some ok doors, and a ok hood. put it mainly back together and run it for awhile, in maine as an antique you don't need an inspection. then i'll start saving for a west coast cab, and all the new parts i need. I will post more pics as i go.

2 trucks in 1 weekend, i'm smilin ear to ear.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.

Last edited by no moa; 03-17-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Found out i got F'd by the seller
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote