The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #51
papawswrench

Re: geezers unite

68 1/2, still gettin'er done! I still work, and buy,sell, and collect old wrenches. I run my website and my Tool Talk Forum.
I am also an avid photographer and display old tools in shows around my neck of the woods south of Houston, Texas.
papawswrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Well,since I'm 56,active,not afraid of labor,and young at heart I can laugh when someone uses the term geezer for someone over 50. Lord willing,I won't qualify for that for another 20 or more years. I am another one who is guilty of having too many interests. When I was younger I figured I'd narrow it all down to my favorites. It hasn't happened yet. I've been operating my construction business solo since '05. I install siding on homes,build post & beam buildings,and anything else I'm called for. I do everything alone. Last month I swapped axles and suspension from a Suburban to a Jimmy.
I enjoy being active with my girlfriend and family. She and I walk every day. This summer I've been surfing,hiking/camping the Appalachian Trail,and been kayaking a lot lately. My only regret is that I'd like to have more work. I don't see retirement as an option unless things change.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #53
clemdaddy

posting pics of my puffer truck... shes been on the road for 32 years with me and of that, at least 15 of them as a daily driver. the clock turned over 100,000 miles a couple of years ago and i enjoyed every one of them.
Attached Images

clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #54
cayoterun

Really nice old truck. I can even truthfully say, "I remember when those came out new". Not many around that slick anymore.
Welcome to the board.

Cayoterun
Side note: We come to B'ville-Rogers often. Used to live in Gentry-Decatur, wife in B'ville-Cave Springs. I'm a natural born Arkie. Moved away many years ago. Sure has changed down there.

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #55
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Definitely a cool truck Clemdaddy!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #56
flatbed51

I am 4 years younger than my 51 truck, guess that makes me 56.

48,49,50 Chevy trucks. 41 Olds
flatbed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #57
clemdaddy

gotta be more guys over 50 that got a story or some history to share... good or bad, it's what made you, you.

let's hear about it...
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #58
FrankieD

I got my first 69 in 69 my dad bought a white over black custom delux 307 3sp with marker lights new paid $2400 for it, I bought it off him 6 months later for $1800 ran the crap out of it. I put a set of 10.00 16.5's on the back so I could carry heavy loads. Back then you could buy 55 chevys for $50 all day long.
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #59
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

58 here but my mind is still stuck in the 70's, NAVY retired,(did 22yrs in Uncle Sams canoe club) have to thank the Good Lord for letting me live this long and for a Beautiful wife and 2 daughters, still driving my 83 Silverado I bought new, a hearty Salute to all my Veteran Brothers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #60
100%Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo83 View Post
58 here but my mind is still stuck in the 70's, NAVY retired,(did 22yrs in Uncle Sams canoe club) have to thank the Good Lord for letting me live this long and for a Beautiful wife and 2 daughters, still driving my 83 Silverado I bought new, a hearty Salute to all my Veteran Brothers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I still drive my 82,Silverado,K-10,I bought new.On it's second engine and third trans.Maybe 300,000 miles-not sure because I can't keep the cruise working.When it quits,the speedo quits too.
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #61
Ironhorse

Turned 62 last April, still play with cars and trucks. Besides my '71 4x4 also have a '71 Chevelle in the works, a '57 Chevy 2 Dr. sedan used to 1/4 mile, and a '55 Chevy 2 Dr. wagon on the back burner. Retired last year from the Boeing Co. after 36 years and still stuck in the late 60's - early 70's. My three boys call it "being Old School" !!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 AM   #62
prairewolf

... 50, ... its the new 30.

..' Not Old,.. Just Older ' ..... Bonjovi
Old 08-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #63
special-K
Special Order

We aren't "old school",we are just plain "school" and younger folks are "new school". We're just what it is and old school means old school of thought. I believe people over 50 have one foot in the old ways and values because that's how we were brought up. But,things have been changing faster and faster since WWII and we have grow along with it. So the other foot has stepped up into a world of changes. We have been a part of the changes that have brought the world to were it is today (I mean the good stuff LOL!). We wouldn't all be here on the computer if we were old school. We grew up linked to elders from the horse-drawn days and now here we are in the 21st century. We listened to the older folk and gave life our own twist. Now it seems younger people (in general) are listening less and less. I dunno,I'm not stuck in the past but I sure am fascinated with it. And,not just my time,I'm talking history. We can keep a hold of it as much as we can and still live right in this world today. There will always be something to learn from the past.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #64
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

I'm 53, but this old boy isn't used up yet. I realized several years ago that you needed to treat your body more like a temple than a shed. Tobacco, and booze are things of the past. I bicycle, and work out a couple times a week. I have a very physical job which also helps keep me in shape. I still race dirt bikes, and sprint cars. I water ski, and wakeboard. Some day I'll have to slow down, but I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #65
boatpuller

geezer and proud of it.......not everybody can say that.....your only as old as you feel.

Last edited by boatpuller; 08-27-2011 at 10:53 AM.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Like I always said,"You're only old once!...Hopefully for a long time"

Tim

Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #67
prairewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwkns View Post
I'm 53, but this old boy isn't used up yet. I realized several years ago that you needed to treat your body more like a temple than a shed. Tobacco, and booze are things of the past. I bicycle, and work out a couple times a week. I have a very physical job which also helps keep me in shape. I still race dirt bikes, and sprint cars. I water ski, and wakeboard. Some day I'll have to slow down, but I'm not looking forward to it.
You and your story are an Inspiration. this 47 yr old needed to hear it. thanks,kent
Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #68
clemdaddy

more...
wanna hear from the vets.
true hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet... what's your story?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #69
slomotion
Old Duffer

I wasn't going to do this, but I'm proud of the way things turned out. The first pic is of yours truly on the left (USCG CWO) with my son in JROTC in 1978. Three years later, in 1981, I swore my boy into the U.S. Coast Guard two months before I retired, so technically both of us were active duty at the same time.
The second pic is of the "kid" I swore in thirty years later as a full Commander in the USCG, and his son in JROTC. (My boy said he's thinking about retiring.....)
My daughter was a "spook" in Europe during her time in the Air Force, and my youngest boy was in the delayed enlistment program with the Army.
My brother-in-law retired from the Air Force as an E9 with 27 years, and his boy has a command at a Marine base on the east coast.
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #70
clemdaddy

hey slomotion... you got big time stuff to be proud of... i am humbled by your history. thanks! for sharing...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #71
cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
hey slomotion... you got big time stuff to be proud of... i am humbled by your history. thanks! for sharing...
X10 + plus thanks to you and your family for your service.

When I read your post, I thought of a story going around about an old Geezer got a new job at a warehouse. Seemed to be a few minutes late for work now and then. His supervisor called him in, told him he needed be there on time, and finished with " What would they say to you on your last job when you were late. He smiled and replied, "They said, Good Morning, General, do you want a donut with your coffee"?

So Good Morning, Chief!
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 08-30-2011 at 09:21 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #72
prairewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
I wasn't going to do this, but I'm proud of the way things turned out. The first pic is of yours truly on the left (USCG CWO) with my son in JROTC in 1978. Three years later, in 1981, I swore my boy into the U.S. Coast Guard two months before I retired, so technically both of us were active duty at the same time.
The second pic is of the "kid" I swore in thirty years later as a full Commander in the USCG, and his son in JROTC. (My boy said he's thinking about retiring.....)
My daughter was a "spook" in Europe during her time in the Air Force, and my youngest boy was in the delayed enlistment program with the Army.
My brother-in-law retired from the Air Force as an E9 with 27 years, and his boy has a command at a Marine base on the east coast.
I too am grateful you posted this, ... life has plenty of stories that seem to make us walk shorter, ... I will walk a little Taller today because of yours.

thanks,kent
Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #73
slomotion
Old Duffer

Thank you. I didn't do anything heroic, I just saw it as an adventure. There were times when I thought I had made a serious mistake, but 98% of the time it was a job. Met a lot of people who are friends to this day, got a chance to travel, got to play with some of Uncle Sam's expensive toys, and got paid to do it all.
Now, I know some of you other vets are wondering if I qualified for the CG by being at least six feet tall. Yes, I did! Today, maybe not, but what I've lost in height, I've gained in girth

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #74
FrankieD

Well I never served I got married in June of 67 and got called in for the draft as it turned out my wife was Pregnant with my son so I got deferred, that son now has 24yrs in the Air Force and is a Lt. Col. and his wife just retired out with 22 yrs as an E-8 so she and the grand kids could join my son in Italy.
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
FrankieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #75
ccreddell

Well, I am 53-my wife will tell you I quit maturing at 17-and I still have petroleum products coursing through my veins. Built custom trucks for quite a few years-quite a few years ago-and still love it, although I mainly do it for myself these days. Got into building custom guitars and basses a few years ago for the same reason I started building my own vehicles-couldnt afford to have anyone else do it for me and my tastes were way bigger than my budget. That, along with a job and teenagers still at home keeps me busy.
ccreddell is offline   Reply With Quote