The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
pat 70/71

Re: I lost everything to FIRE,,,,,

Big orange, We have things like this that happen and it truly is a shame. It was very sad to read your post on the fire. Remember,you still have your family (all that really matters) and you need to know that you can and will rebound and things will be great again! I wish you and yours all the best at this difficult time. Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #52
original-71
///Relaxed Atmosphere

very sorry for the loss of your memories...

87-Silverado Static Drop 5/7" Raceline Explosion 5 22X8.5 (F) 22X10 (R)
hector
2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
original-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #53
72 Super

BIG ORANGE, I am so sorry to hear about your shop, trucks, parts and I am sure most importantly your dad's things, I know that has to be really tough to go through. You will always have his memories. Atleast nobody loss their lives or got hurt. Hopefully you and your family can get through these tough times and recover and rebuild. Hope everything works out on your son's truck.

Ray
Old 01-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #54
rkn463

Big Orange,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there and know that we are all here to prop you up.

-Richard
Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #55
Tuff Gong

The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again. Psalm 71:20-21
Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #56
sir_talk_alot

Big orange, i express my deep condolences for you. i can only imagine what its like going through what your are. i just picked up my 70 swb, and ill be junkyard rummaging and craigslisting for parts. i know that im way too far away for you to drive, but if i can be of any assistance, it would me alot if i could help at all. maybe even just small stuff i could ship out to you. i will look for any dale earnhart stuff that i can get, and id love to send it to ya to be in replacement of all that you lost. pm me if you want, and we'll get together and see of what i can help with. anything i could help with or contribute would mean a lot to me.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #57
big mike71

Thats a drag dude, I hate to see stuff like that. I'm sorry you lost the stuff that reminds you of your dad, But atleast you still have the memories.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #58
classicchev

I know how you are feeling right now, I lost pretty much everything in 92 when my house burnt. Spent long hours renovating and I was suppose to move back in on Saturday, and the fire was Friday afternoon.
Thank God for insurance, we were well taken care of even though we only had insurance on our house for 1 DAY. We lost all of our memorables, but when you look at it could have been much worse.

Darren
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Atkinson View Post
The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again. Psalm 71:20-21
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #60
speedfreak369

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. I havent never loss anything in a fire but had a little share of it when my girlfriends parants house went up in flames last november. Its a hard time but time cures all pain and good friends and a few prayers.

1967 c10 fleetside 350/350 trans (my baby)
speedfreak369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
sir_talk_alot

PT'S 70 CST- you sir, deserve props. there are not many people left out there with a heart like yours.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #62
Husker

Sorry this happened to you and yours, Gods speed on getting back.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #63
70cst

Sorry BIG ORANGE ...

Trials and tribulations are a part of life but it still stings when these sort of things happen

Sorry to hear of this.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #64
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Donnie, I'm truly so sorry to read this terrible news. I don't know the pain and feelings you're going through, nor do I want to. Fire does bother me as well and makes me double and triple check every time I have to leave my shop every time after I get through cutting/grinding and or welding. A few years ago we had a fire at my parent's place that was caused by a neighbor. I lost a 86 K30 crew cab DRW that I just finished putting a rebuilt 454 and TH400 in. When the tires blew up on it I about freaked and figured it was a toatl loss . Then the gas tanks went and I knew it was done. I know these feelings suck! Like said before, keep your head up and try to make the best of the situation as you can. Ryan.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #65
PAWS 72

Donnie haven't never talked to ya, but i can't say how bad I feel for ya. thoughts and prayers are with ya.I'm glad no one was hurt or the other consequence and can't say no more than has been said already. Good luck man.JASON
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #66
Slinger60

Big Orange, Very sorry to hear about your loss. Your in our thoughts and prayers.
Build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=529970

Shawn
Slinger60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #67
ItsRandy

After you get over the shock, you can plan and build a better shop. It will work out.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #68
Meatman

Sorry bud. Just remember everything happens for a reason. There's a plan for us all, we may not like it all the time but it will all work out.
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #69
NINERS1

So sorry to hear, can't imagine what that must be like. glad no one was hurt. you will be in our prayers. Like others have already said, keep your head up,Donnie, you will get through this.

http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/n..._tab_my_albums

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
NINERS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #70
19Hoosierdaddies68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBucket View Post
Sad STUFF!!, I can surely relate to your loss, We lost our home and contents to a fire in July '04. Had lived there 22yrs. and raised 3 kids in that house.... lots of picture and memories. Luckily, we weren't home but sadly, we lost THE BEST DOG IN THE WORLD.... still can't type that without cryin' a little. The firefighters were able to save my attached shop. The gas clothes dryer caused the fire. Careful with your insurance company, they're NOT your friend.
Howard
Wow! Donnie, I am so sorry for your loss. This scares the crap out of me! I wish you the best of luck rebuilding. Rustybuckt, So tell me how does a gas dryer go up?
19Hoosierdaddies68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #71
DANTIP

Fires are utterly devastating!! When I was in 7th grade our barn burned down with 7 horses trapped inside. It was the biggest mess I have ever witnessed. My father was key to guiding our family through that nightmare. His faith and leadership were so very important to my mom and us kids.

You'll always have the treasured memories of your father despite the loss of the irreplaceable items that were obviously very dear to you. The sooner you can get the mess cleaned up and get things settled with the insurance company the better! Keep your mind focused on making things better and help encourage others around you to keep their chins up.

Thank God no one was hurt or killed in or while fighting that fire!!!
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #72
72 tigger

Donnie, So sorry to hear of the loss of your shop & all the things that reminded you of your dad. Praying for you- I can't imagine going through something like this without the Lord's help. Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #73
rob32472

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #74
cobra_4

Really hate to here that buddy!! Fire is one of my biggest fears.
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #75
BIG ORANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Atkinson View Post

I wasnt gonna go here in this matter but after reading all the replies and being moved by the out pouring of suport in so many different ways I must tell this lenthy story:
Back in the winter of 2003 I walk away from my faith, I went back to my old ways of sin. In 2007 I went through a divorce and in 2009 I met a lady that I thought was the love of my life. 2 1/2 yrs later that relationship ended at my request. Many months before the end of the relationship I was out cutting grass and talking to God, I ask him how would I ever make it back to the cross? I was in a sinfull relationship with a lady(not married) and I spent alot of time in my shop drinking and doing other things that I'm ashamed to say (sin) I loved my shop but not only was it where I built alot of trucks it was a place to drink alot and do other thing's! Well Dec. 4th my relationship ended and she moved out and just acouple weeks ago my shop burned to the ground while I was at work and my son was at school. And where am I going with this? Well let me wrap it up for you,,,,,
I found my self without any excusses now but I also found myself very lost and empty with out direction. I started talking to God again, well last Sat nite I got my cell number changed cause I wanted stop some of my past from contacting me, I sent my new number to a biker friend of mine that goes to a biker church. Sunday morning he replied that he got my new number and was praying for me and would like to invite me to church that morning! Well I took a look at what all was going on with me aswell as my son 17, so I ask my son if he wanted to go and he said YES that we needed that! I was supper supprised at that comment, so we got ready and went to the biker church where we were met with open arm,s! As the feller was doing announcements and taking prayer request I raised my hand and begin to ask for help in the form of prayer for myson and I, well after I started speaking I just broke down and began to weep and the next thing I new I found myself down in the floor crying out to God for forgiveness and I felt all these hands on my back and head alot of voice's crying out to God to bless me and my son also! After what seemed a life time but was only moments I arose to my feet and turn around and there was my son right behind me in the same shape as I was earlier and he to had ask God to forgive him also!!
Things happen for a reason! I stuggeled with posting this cause I know we all have different belives and I tottally respect all of your's but after reading alot of what my brother's here were saying in the post I felt lead to open up from my personal life and share! I hope this helps someone,s that out there and in pain from living the life that I was before all this.
I'm taking things 1 day at a time.
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote