The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #51
Mike Bradbury

Re: my wife's question

We drove the '69 to church today and had the windows down because it was hot today in SoCal, the side pipes make quite a resonance in the cab at idle, and of course we got every stop light along the way. I looked over at her and she had this wincing grimace on her face that told the whole story of the last 8 months in one glance. It was fathers day and she was not about to suggest that we take the Explorer, but I could see it on her face. LOL. Once we are above idle it is fine in the cab. She'll come around, we're together till the end, This is my payback for sitting through "Pride and Prejudice" with her.
She did ask about A.C. and I told her I was giong to get it but it cost $1300 for that Vintage Air system, she got a little more accepting of the open window after that.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #52
BMERDOC

I didn't restart my interest until after Hitler moved out. The only interest I was supposed to have was her and there was hell to pay if it wasn't happening. Now I can sit on my laptop all day talking to you fine people, searching through CL, looking up info or go out in the driveway and sit in the truck making racey motor sounds with no one to brow beat me. I'd wouldn't mind having a woman around but she'd have to know that we are a team and what I'm interested in is important too!
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #53
lil hoodlum

I wish I was married.

Keith
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #54
sir_talk_alot

Rene, Stop it!!!! Being envious is wrong...........but you have the life!!!

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #55
cubber

My wife cried along with me when I sold my Bandit Edition Trans Am. It was a childhood dream that I had enjoyed but sacrificed (along with another T/A and a '70 Challenger) to get the money to pay off our mortgage. I was working a dangerous job and wanted to make sure she wouldn't be in a bind if something bad happened. She begged me to keep those cars, but I did what I thought was right at the time. Things have changed a lot since then. Same beautiful wife, new job, a little house with a little shop out back (that we OWN) and two dogs. She likes my '72 swb (in avatar pic-for sale), but she LOVES our "69 stepside (haven't taken any pics yet). She likes to load up and go to car shows and dig through stuff, and see great vehicles and meet great people. As long as we're together, we are happy. She is the one God made just for me. I don't want to preach, but I can say that if you put the Lord at the center of your marriage, the problems sure seem to shrink.
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #56
PAWS 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil hoodlum View Post
I wish I was married.

Keith
I'm married but sometimes think '' Why Didn't You Just Learn To Do Without.''
Seariously sometimes it great if you find the right one but it can be a pain if you don't.
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #57
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I might be married now because of my truck. It was my daily driver when we met, and after I left the place we met at she and her friends found me again by seeing the truck in the parking lot. That was 25 years ago. She kept me from selling it when money was tight and it had been sitting for too long.

There have been 2 times when she was PO'd or just annoyed with me and the truck hobby. When I bought my first Jimmy out of the junkyard without telling her first, and then about a year ago when I had been putting long hours in the garage doing the body work so I could finally get it painted. I put hundreds of hours into the body work (my first time doing it). She wouldn't have left me over it, but wouldn't hesitate to tell me if my family/hobby balance was off kilter.

She's the one that told me to have it professionally painted once I got to that stage. She loves the truck and wanted to see it done right rather than have me learn on it and regret the results if it didn't turn out great. My Jimmy is the paint learning platform. She loves going to swap meets and helping me find stuff. One of the biggest smiles she had on her face recently was when we just took the truck for a drive.

I know one thing about our relationship. If we were ever to split up, it would not be because of my truck or hobby working on them.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #58
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

When my brother and I were racing late model stock cars BOTH of our wives got together and gave us the ultimatum....it's either the race car or us! We sent BOTH of their selfish asses packing down the road. Best racing move we ever made..true story.
Attached Images

71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #59
pat 70/71

My wife and I have been married for twenty nine years.Been together for thirty five.She is my world and loves our trucks! She even bought the truck in my avatar without me there! I used to be a motocross racer when we first met and she would come to all the races no matter how far they were away(up&down California ) we also have two great sons together who, are going off to university in September.Seven years ago I almost lost her to cancer(melanoma) she had a small freckle on her knee that changed color from brown to pink and I found it while we were just sitting on the couch. She said its nothing, I knew the signs and told her lets get it checked out. After eight hours of surgery and a long rehab she was fine. I really am glad she is in my life as she is my life. Pat
Posted via Mobile Device
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
406 Q-ship

I am engaged to the greatest girl. She was into cars before I met her back in 1985 and I ended up working on her Nova back then. We have since gotten back together and she loves all my rides, mind you I own no newer vehicles (newest is a 1974 and it is for sale). I even have told her that my 1971 Monte Carlo is hers. Of course I have a hidden agenda with that, I wanted to keep the Monte and I just knew in a few years she would want me to build her a hot rod, so killed two birds with one stone. Try to keep them involved in someway, along with staying involved in whatever holds their passions.....you'll be fine.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #61
JointTech

my wife doesnt care about my truck or my other hobbies. As long as my direct deposit goes in and I stick to my allowance I can do whatever I want.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #62
dbstepside

if i didn't know better i would think my wife and Jointtech's wife were sisters. she isn't into trucks but she knows that is what i like doing so it's ok as long as i have time and money for her and our 2 girls. now that summer is here she's better with me either working on or being gone in the truck every saturday because she can get in the pool or whatever she wants to do.
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #63
longhorn70gmc

I like this post, I can relate.

I have been married for twenty years. I have been rebuilding my 70 GMC Longhorn for 12 years and have a few more things to get done on it. It is not perfect, but it is turning out very nice and has been put together with parts from this board from all over the United States.
I also own three other trucks. My 1972 Super Cheyenne Longhorn has taken the priority push and has been receiving allot of new things to get it back to a really well taken care of original daily driver. A set of new tires and it is ready to enjoy or sell. I am happy either way.
My other old truck is another 1970 ford F250 with an old original camper shell. This will be my next project or it will go to my son. My 2010 F250 don't count.

My wife believes I should only own one truck and nothing else. She had hoped I would sell everything else with the purchase of the new 2010 truck. I told her that I love and respect her, but I enjoy old trucks and restoring/fixing them up. I come home every day and fiddle with them and have done so for the twenty years we have been together. I don't go out to bars, I don't have other female interests and I don't own any big toys like four wheeler bikes or jet ski/boats; I just enjoy my old trucks. My garage is decorated with hubcaps from our years of trucks and I have collected a few parts along with two half trucks made into trailer beds by other owners. The neighbors hate the half truck trailers.

I keep my trucks running and improve them and I constantly move them around on my property. Her next thing is wanting to travel which sounds fun and I look forward to RVing it around the US, but I will continue to have my fun and hobby till I can function no more or I meet my maker. My GMC is my forever truck for me to enjoy.

A special mention, my wife has received a new house, some really nice high brand hand bags/purses with matching sun glasses and wallets. Her favorite team jerseys and accessories and front row, seat one at her favorite band concert in the world and allot of other loving fun stuff, so all I do is enjoy my old trucks and I make up for it by giving back to her in the things she enjoys.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #64
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

My family is my priority and I would sell my toys in a heart beat if we ever fell on hard times.

She trusts my judgment and understands I only buy what I can afford.

With that said my wife got a taste of cars/trucks/boats early in our relationship and has grown to love them. We have made countless good friends from our hobbies and its not un common for her to be in the garage helping me.

Most wifes probably havent driven a manual car to low 12's in the 1/4 either
Attached Images

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 06-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #65
kq4pc

Thumbs up Re: my wife's question

Well guess i better my 2 cents,Been married to same woman for 40 yrs.She has her moments,espically when she goes shopping and gets back home and findes another truck sitting there.All and all she is great.She is about as good as i am spotting something for sale.Later Bobby
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #66
BMERDOC

So of you guys are really lucky!! So has your wife read any of the posts so far? Whats she saying?
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #67
jchav62
1962 C-10

I have mine... she has her's. She is a member here... "Hoser's Girl". She's not afraid to get her hands dirty neither. I'm pretty dam lucky..
Attached Images

.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #68
Husker

Married 25 years, she gets mad at me but gets over it.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #69
77chris03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Atkinson View Post
X2 my friend. 11 years married with two kids. It goes the same for the kids. When I'm spending to much time on trucks and not enough with the family, they definitely let me know. My 7 years old will run around singing "truck parts, truck parts, blah, blah, blah, truck parts, truck parts, blah, blah, blah"
I get this at work everytime im on the phone....hey chris what you doin? ordering truck parts??? then the bossman says it better be for my truck...lol

My girl loves it. i have mine and she has her 1950 5 window sitting right next to mine in the garage. Hopefully she'll start it sometime this summer...
68 C10 Stepper #1- GONE 68 C10 Stepper #2
1977 Chevy Cheyenne...gone...was my first Chevy
04 Tahoe Z71, 04 Silverado 2500HD, 04 Sierra 2500HD
99 Sierra Stepside, 17 Denali HD, 84 K10
My 1st build-- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=379333
My 2nd build-- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=700310
77chris03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #70
ERASER5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
I'm curious how many people actually get that comparison
Boy O Boy do i get it! My wife has a saying, "If the shoe fits, BUY ONE IN EVERY COLOR!"
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #71
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Happy wife=Happy life. Learn it, practice it, and enjoy...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #72
E.Furgal
Account Suspended

My wife.. is into nascar, was before we met, but not drag racing. that might change if take her up with the truck and say. try it.. as the truck isn't fast and good for a newbie
my fear is getting her out of it lol
I get dirty looks as I bringing parts from a day at a junkyard home..she's a ford girl so the chevy thing don't help..
she'd like a mustang.. and one day will more than likely have one. as I have 2 toys, and she'll want one.. but for now as long as I keep her in seeds and dirt she's happy..
E.Furgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #73
67chevemall

"You love your truck, beer and dog more then me"

I sure do, see ya....... 5 years single and lovn it....
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #74
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
My wife.. is into nascar, was before we met, but not drag racing. that might change if take her up with the truck and say. try it.. as the truck isn't fast and good for a newbie
my fear is getting her out of it lol
I get dirty looks as I bringing parts from a day at a junkyard home..she's a ford girl so the chevy thing don't help..
she'd like a mustang.. and one day will more than likely have one. as I have 2 toys, and she'll want one.. but for now as long as I keep her in seeds and dirt she's happy..
Time for serious marriage counsling or a divorce........
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #75
E.Furgal
Account Suspended

cheaper to keep her..
blue oval or not
E.Furgal is offline   Reply With Quote