The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #51
jtp67-72

Re: What a nice buyer.... but this shouldn't happen on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
I don't understand this stuff about how you can get stung by a "schill" bidder. If you have a max amount you're willing to bid on something, stick to it. The seller does not have anything to gain if their buddies bid to a point that's past what you're willing to pay. They owe ebay a fee if one of them wins it.

If you wind up paying more than you should have, it's your fault, not the shills. The guy that backs out on his sale should be banned from ebay.
Some people just don't like the fact that say i bid 200 on something ....it's stuck at 60....then schill bidder trys running to my max.I pay 190...should be happy still..I agree with u..don't put out more than u want to pay....if u want a bargain...bid it at a bargain...u win..great..(happens all the time) u lose ...oh well...on the fees...both can agree to not complete sale...fees returned..except for initial..owner may feel its worth it.....jim
Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
VWBeamer

Re: What a nice buyer.... but this shouldn't happen on ebay

The buyer more than likely found a Baldwin Motion Corvette on ebay that he wanted to buy. At least two members who posted in this thread have a good buddy that found one on ebay, so it must happen quite a bit.
VWBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote