The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Bhelton

Sammy's 67 aka Priscilla

Ok its an official build now. To start this isn't my truck...I used to do restorations for a living but have changed careers so now its a hobby. This truck was purchased by a good friend of mine and we are just messing with it to make it more fun to drive. It will however be painted a more original color and only replace what is needed.

Rundown it was originally green, manual tranny, unsure of engine. When Sam took owner ship it had a 305/350 transmission. Tranny was toast on day one so now it has a 400. After 400 was installed we could really tell the 305 is needing built as well. But first thing was to make the truck stop safely. Sooo I got up with a buddy who works at Master Power brakes and did a disk conversion on front along with new lines and rebuilt entire brake system including new drums, shoes, hardware and wheel cylinders. Plans for the engine is a 6.0 out of a yukon denali with multiple parts thanks to Travis at AZ Pro Performance. The harness and cpu was flashed and modified by Jims Performance in MD. Flexplate is a PRW plate to run the 400 tranny. Once all parts arrive we will tear down truck install all goodies and get it back on road after exhaust is ran of course by a friend of mine who owns a exhaust shop here local...We also will replace the radiator support with a new one along with the steering column and steering wheel. The truck will have a new harness installed to get rid of the old wiring and some LED tail lights

Last edited by Bhelton; 01-07-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Bhelton is offline   Reply With Quote