The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
camarodude87

How much is this 1970 C10 worth? Wanting to buy my first truck

Hey guys, Im having my brother and mom look at this 1970 SWB c10 for me. My brother doesnt know what hes looking at and I dont want to wait two week until I get home to look at this truck for im afraid of it being sold. Here is the info on the truck. The Guy wants 4900.00 But im willing to give him 4500 for it. This is my first purchase and I dont want to get a turd. I know its hard to tell because I wont be looking at it but just form the pics and info I thought id ask the experts here. He said there is a dime size spot of rust on the door, its just starting to bubble.

What should I have my brother look at when hes looking at this truck. I know underneath, the frame. But anything you guys have noticed when looking at a truck. Thanks for your help.

Ray

This truck had a full restoration about 7 years ago that included new panels, door sills and partial floor pans. This is also the original factory color it came with and looks to be the first repaint. Runs and shifts very well and is geared to run on the highway. I don't know what the actual gearing is but it will cruise 75 MPH down the interstate all day long. New tires, recent oil and filter change w air filter. Steel bed in good condition and recently added Hurculiner. Engine does not smoke or use oil and 3 speed column shifts very smoothly. The only not so good things are it doesn't have a/c (but if it did it be worth a lot more than I'm asking) and the paint below the gas cap is a little off. Some gas overflowed and damaged the paint so it had to be re shot and the match was a little off.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote