The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hey New Guys ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
"Local Spring Water".... I like that. You can sometimes tell if someone has been into it by the way they post. Especially if it's someone who posts quite a bit.

LockDoc
Hey! What are trying to say??

This is a big room full of people. When you walk into a big room full of people you need to sit back and take it in a while,see how things are and who's who,then you can find your way in. This is not a tough crowd at all Fotting in is easy.

The rule here is if you don't have anything good to say,move on...unless you're me . Another piece of advise is when you see a urinating match (<) starting,let it go It's so easy to say whatever comes to mind while sitting and typing. Well,it's even easier to ignore

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #52
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Gotta get that 62 Ford Unibody with the Chevy drive train and the Mopar suspension real reliable first. Now that would get some panties in a bunch on other forums .... LOL.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
First vehicle I ever owned was one of those, a '63. I've always had a little bit of a fond memory. But then I traded it for a '68 Nova...
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
Coley

Smile Re: Hey New Guys ....

I have to agree with the excellent behavior and moderation that this site offers.
I'm pretty new here (1 year?+) but have been constantly impressed by the excellent feedback, technical information and innovative thinking that a lot of the members have shown....really excellent stuff.
Having been on a few other forums I was always caught off by the 'table thumpers' that would somehow find a way to 'yell' while typing on a computer. Never quite understood that and why....
Great reminder here for all....and this thread is well worth bumping on occasion!
Best of the Season Guys! (and gals..)
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #54
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey! What are trying to say??

This is a big room full of people. When you walk into a big room full of people you need to sit back and take it in a while,see how things are and who's who,then you can find your way in. This is not a tough crowd at all Fotting in is easy.

The rule here is if you don't have anything good to say,move on...unless you're me . Another piece of advise is when you see a urinating match (<) starting,let it go It's so easy to say whatever comes to mind while sitting and typing. Well,it's even easier to ignore

Im trying to zay I can tel when you"ve been hitting the sause 'cause you keep hitttting the wrong kez...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Atz cuz haffa da ledders weared off 'fore I rememberized um an' th'other haf ya haffa hit extry to gettuma work. If e'body jank a few e'ry one a while nunna dis would ma'er (hic) cuz we'd jus come to fight and forget alla'bout de chrucks. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....huh? What?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #56
sboris

Quote:
Atz cuz haffa da ledders weared off 'fore I rememberized um an' th'other haf ya haffa hit extry to gettuma work. If e'body jank a few e'ry one a while nunna dis would ma'er (hic) cuz we'd jus come to fight and forget alla'bout de chrucks. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....huh? What?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Your crazy man! Love reading your posts.

This thread was a good idea. Everything I had been thinking has already been touched on. Have a good New Years everybody!!
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

I have been hanging around here a long time and it is a great site , I like all older vehicles , love these truck's been driving 67 to 72 truck's since about 75 when dad let me sit on his lap and drive the C10 ! the hobby it's changed a lot over the year's and I will love these ole truck's till the day I die ! my son is a 67 to 72 FANATIC ! I bought him a patina 68 from east VA last year and he is hooked for life ! and this is without a doubt the best site that exist's for these truck's ,,,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #58
Grumpy old man

Quote:
EXACTLY !

Don't pick on the old guy's
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #59
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Personally, I would like to see more of the guests and lurkers sign up for the site. There are certainly a lot of you out there... I know some of you are concerned about privacy but just so you know, I used a unique e-Mail address when I signed up and I have NEVER received any type of spam or unwanted e-Mail from signing up on here, PERIOD. The only thing I ever get in my in-box are important notices from this site. Don't hesitate to sign up if that is what you are concerned about.

Just my 2¢ worth...

LockDoc

-
Old 12-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #60
special-K
Special Order

One thing that gets new people is how the buying/selling/subscribing thing works. Sure,you have to subscribe to sell here,what $25? I pay more than that for one local Sunday paper ad.
I've been on a Blazer site as long as I've been here. You have to subscribe to view pictures or go on any of the site but one message board. I don't think I should have to pay just to see what the site is like. From what I've seen on the sole free message board,I'm not impressed enough to pay and find out. It seems so lightweight compared to here,as far as knowledge goes. First thing you see at the top of the page says something like,"don't want to see ads? subscribe to make them go away". Heck,you have to pay to even see the website!
I've looked at other sites,like diesel ones,and every post has an ad in it! At first I was thinking there was only one post and I was looking at the bottom of the page! There are even what looks like a post but it's an ad.
Been on respectable (Family friendly,I guess) sites that are truly boring as well This place is a happy medium between the nastiness and just no fun

Tim

Old 12-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #61
hamjet

,"don't want to see ads? subscribe to make them go away". Heck,you have to pay to even see the website! Where is this function,????
Old 12-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #62
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
,"don't want to see ads? subscribe to make them go away". Heck,you have to pay to even see the website! Where is this function,????

Tim isn't talking about THIS web site in that statement...

LockDoc

-
Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #63
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
One thing that gets new people is how the buying/selling/subscribing thing works. Sure,you have to subscribe to sell here,what $25? I pay more than that for one local Sunday paper ad.
It's almost $20 just to park and for one person to get into the Charlotte Autofair!

If you want to list your parts here you don't get a ton of crazies replying to your thread to buy the stuff. For the most part the buyers are serious. I was here before the $25 and it cut down bad deals and issues A LOT becuase it kept the shady sellers away. Hard to believe $25 would to that, but it did. However, you don't even have to be a suscriber to buy parts, you can buy all you want! You just can't sell or post a WTB (want to buy).

I know you know all this Tim, I used your quote and added info for the newbs
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 12-29-2013 at 07:23 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #64
sjarrett71

This was the first message board of the type that I signed up for. Since I've joined, I've owned several different cars and trucks and always looked for a board like this one for the particular type of vehicle I had since this board was so helpful and the people were so knowledgeable. I won't mention any makes or models but this one board I joined must have had no one with actual experience on it. Every time anyone asked a question the standard response was "check the repair manual". Another forum's standard response was "use the search function".

What I love about this forum is when someone asks a question, they get an answer that helps, at least the majority of the time. I mean, how many times has LockDoc answered the age old question about getting the tumbler out of the ignition switch? LOL

Basically what I am trying to say is you won't find a more helpful experienced group of truck lovers on the internet. This is the place to come when you need questions answered!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #65
mmiddle

Thank you for posting this. Yes, I have seen a little meaness as well. I've only been a part of this forum for about 6 months and found it refreshing at the level of acceptance in individual taste. The "PURE-ests" here are are very good at biting their toungues. Unlike those Rabid F-body guys. ( my brother is one of those guys). There are some mods I don't like but keep in mind that its NOT my TRUCK or money.

I enjoy the friendly discourse when it occoures and greatly enjoy the clean language and respect.
For all members, Remember, we do this because we love OUR trucks. The 67-72 body is a rare timeless design and we a lucky, blessed actually, to own and drive these trucks.
2014 2SS/RS black on black Camaro (Betty)
2006 Pontiac SOLSTICE silver/black (Lula-Bell)
1970 C/10 Short Wide (Peggy)
1964 C/10 Short Step (Hambone)
RIP Jimmy Hamilton Thank you for the trucks
mmiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #66
DT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I've noticed an extra bit of animosity lately... thought I was on my mustang forum a few times...
I wonder why that is.
I've been a member of a certain Mustang forum for about 18 years and I use to be pretty active there. These days, all I do is check in about every two weeks just to keep abreast of any thing new. I'm tired of asking for any advice, no matter how trivial, because the attitude of a high percentage of members is pompous, smug, and plain old snotty.
The main thing that turned me off is the moronic class division between Fastback and Coupe owners.
My C-10 is a long bed but never on this forum has a short bed owner challenged my choice.
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #67
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT1 View Post
I wonder why that is.
I've been a member of a certain Mustang forum for about 18 years and I use to be pretty active there. These days, all I do is check in about every two weeks just to keep abreast of any thing new. I'm tired of asking for any advice, no matter how trivial, because the attitude of a high percentage of members is pompous, smug, and plain old snotty.
The main thing that turned me off is the moronic class division between Fastback and Coupe owners.
My C-10 is a long bed but never on this forum has a short bed owner challenged my choice.
My opinion is every classic is cool... some are my taste some are not but the facts are it is cool to the guy that owns it so it makes it cool...
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #68
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

I've noticed quite a few new members coming on too and that is great. One thing that I would ask is that you new guys make a signature with a few details in it about your truck, like the year, model, engine ,trans, and any mods. It saves a lot of time solving problems and answering questions.

BTW welcome to all you guys and enjoy these great trucks.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #69
54belair

Dt1---

I can tell you the difference. Now before I say anything I want to preface it by saying THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION----Im not trying to incite a riot or step on anyones toes.
The main reason for the difference between this site and any of the "performance car" sites is: Age----now I know there are all ages on this site as well, but our values (in vehicles) is entirely different. A truck guy is not usually a young testosterone packed individual who fells the need to either be right--or degrade someone with differing values.

I hope my comment doesnt get this thread pulled---I just stated my honest opinion--with tongue in cheek. (will someone please hand me my cane so I can get off this stage??? LOL)
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #70
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54belair View Post
Dt1---

I can tell you the difference. Now before I say anything I want to preface it by saying THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION----Im not trying to incite a riot or step on anyones toes.
The main reason for the difference between this site and any of the "performance car" sites is: Age----now I know there are all ages on this site as well, but our values (in vehicles) is entirely different. A truck guy is not usually a young testosterone packed individual who fells the need to either be right--or degrade someone with differing values.

I hope my comment doesnt get this thread pulled---I just stated my honest opinion--with tongue in cheek. (will someone please hand me my cane so I can get off this stage??? LOL)
You make a great point.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #71
Elliot949

Quote:
Dt1---

Is your real name Phil Robertson???????????.... LOL
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #72
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Join a Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, etc forum and there are plenty of grown men in their 30s 40s 50s etc that are perfectly capable of acting like spoiled teenagers. There's a thread going on now on a classic mustang forum that any car that isn't ford powered shouldn't be allowed on the site. No joke.

To prove it:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/ge...lue-heart.html

Again. This place is awesome. I had a build thread on an S10, Mustang, and my house and I've gotten nothing but positive responses. I'm sure some people are GM only, that's fine, this is a GM board, just don't open a thread that says 65 Mustang on it We have a pretty "thriving" alternate tinkerings area that has lots of non GM stuff being built... and some VERY VERY COOL stuff!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 12-30-2013 at 09:03 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #73
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Join a Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, etc forum and there are plenty of grown men in their 30s 40s 50s etc that are perfectly capable of acting like spoiled teenagers. There's a thread going on now on a classic mustang forum that any car that isn't ford powered shouldn't be allowed on the site. No joke.

To prove it:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/ge...lue-heart.html

Again. This place is awesome. I had a build thread on an S10, Mustang, and my house and I've gotten nothing but positive responses. I'm sure some people are GM only, that's fine, this is a GM board, just don't open a thread that says 65 Mustang on it We have a pretty "thriving" alternate tinkerings area that has lots of non GM stuff being built... and some VERY VERY COOL stuff!
That thread was pretty entertaining.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #74
54belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Is your real name Phil Robertson???????????.... LOL
LOL----- Phil is my hero!!!!! Phil read the post, called me and said "BEHAVE YOURSELF" so, from now on--Im "happy, happy, happy"---and quiet!!
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #75
Daner

Quote:
Dt1---
A truck guy is not usually a young testosterone packed individual who fells the need to either be right--or degrade someone with differing values.
You made me think of a favorite Lincoln quote of mine. As a 21 year old it wasn't that long ago I would argue for the sake of arguing lol.

"No man who is resolved to make the most of himself, can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take the consequences, including the vitiation of his temper and the loss of self-control. Yield larger things to which you show no more than equal rights; and yield lesser ones though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite."

And since I was digging in my stack of quotes I found a somewhat related poem by Anonymous

The Builder

I saw them tearing a building down,
a group of men in a busy town.

With a hefty blow and a lusty yell,
they swung with zest,
and the sidewall fell.
I asked the foreman,
"Are these men skilled?

The kind you would hire,
if you had to build?"

He looked at me, and laughed,
"No, indeed!

Unskilled labor is all I need.
Why, they can wreck in a day or two,
What has taken builders years to do."

I asked myself, as I went my way,
which of these roles have I tried to play?

Am I a builder with rule and square,
measuring and constructing with skill and care?

Or am I the wrecker, who runs the town,
content with the business of tearing down?

Sorry for the long post but these sum up how I feel very well. Tolerance and open-mindedness are a whole 'nother topic. :P
49 GMC Grain truck 235 1 1/2 ton
76 Chevy 350/4 speed 1/2 ton
Daner is offline   Reply With Quote