The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #51
JWheeler331

Re: What is wrong with finishing our trucks?

I think all of us here seem to have a real love or admiration for the 60-66 C10s for one reason or another but like with anything we all have different ideas or visions for our trucks. Some of that is based on how much money we can sink in them and some of that is just based on what we like. There is no right or wrong way to fix up one of these trucks. Weather you like the Rat Rod style or if you like a Show Truck, or even just a working mans truck there is something for you.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #52
neal 66

ok so the question is,what is wrong with finishing our trucks? my question is,what do you consider finished? wen I decide I no longer want to work on it?its all perspective.finished is different for everyone.i love all the trucks on this site restored or not.my truck is semi gloss black from a spray can and probly allways will be is it not finished?
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #53
Robert Haas

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal 66 View Post
ok so the question is,what is wrong with finishing our trucks? my question is,what do you consider finished? wen I decide I no longer want to work on it?its all perspective.finished is different for everyone.i love all the trucks on this site restored or not.my truck is semi gloss black from a spray can and probly allways will be is it not finished?
Your decision to stop at any point and call it finished. No person on this planet has any right to say other wise.

However if you are the one with the "lists" of things you still want to get done and just fail to follow through for what ever reason,... then you are the person I am asking,...."Why won't you finish your truck?"

To answer your question what do I consider finished? It is when I no longer have a lists of things I want to do toit and have moved on to the next project.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #54
Fatherof3

"Why won't you finish your truck?", I will

If you had asked "Why haven't you finish your truck?" I would have answered "Family first"
65 C20 292 4spd 4:56 Eaton HO52
Old 03-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #55
Robert Haas

The April truck of the month candidates are chock full of examples.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #56
Woogeroo

Angry Re: What is wrong with finishing our trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Haas View Post
The April truck of the month candidates are chock full of examples.
That's the theme of this months contest...

Most of the contests have a theme of some kind... 4x4's, slammed trucks, a color scheme... burbs... long beds, stepsides only... ton trucks... work trucks, whatever.

-W

Last edited by ETsC10; 03-25-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #57
jonathan-m

An enthusiast would be hard pressed to ever call his truck "finished". Seems as though the OP has a Show Truck mentality, but the problem with that is most show trucks aren't used as a machine should be used, they're just relegated to objects of status. "Projects" to be finished, and moved on from.

I have a working relationship with my machine though. It isn't something to just sit in the garage and look at. It's part of my life, and I have expectations for how I want it to work and what I want it to do.

Just like any relationship, expectations will change over time as you grow and needs change.. So my list of things I want to do to my truck is never ending and changes as I change.

8 years ago I needed my truck to haul farm stuff and poke around small town dirt roads, 3 years ago I needed it to get me across the whole country and drive me around reliably in big city traffic, these days I need it to take me and my girl to the drive-in on the weekends.
If I'd "finished" it as a farm truck 8 years ago it never would have been able to do the things I needed later in life. But that's the thing, I like having this machine as a working part of my life, so it's not just a static relationship. It doesn't look done because it's not done, just like I don't look done.
I change, and I have to make the machines I enjoy and depend on change with me. So it'll only be "finished" for me when I'm dead and gone.