The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2003, 07:35 PM   #51
jcueckert13

my name is jeremiah and i live in edgewood nm.

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:12 PM   #52
greenmonster

I'm a newbie here too

My name is John, I'm 36 and live in Massachusetts. I've got a Vw Bus that's apart waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and install a rebuilt engine (vw webpage link is in sigline).

I've been thinking about getting a truck, and we all know that the 67-72 Chevy/GMC trucks are the best ones ever made. I'm glad I found this forum, 'cause it's been great source of information (and the forsale ads have given me a good idea of what I have to budget for when I buy a truck).

I'm leaning towards buying a 71-72 3/4 ton lwb fleetside (prefer 4x4, 350/auto with air). A 71-72 C10 2wd will probably work fine too tho'. I have a "thing" against white vehicles, but I love hugger orange (and most of t he other colors that these trucks came in originally).

Since I live in New England, it might be tough to find a cheap rust-free example, so I might have to ship a truck in from somewhere else. Browsing the classified section has given me a good idea of what's out there.

Just hafta sell a couple of cars (and get the bus outta the garage) before I can buy another project.

Back to coloring...
78 John Deere 316

Last edited by greenmonster; 08-25-2003 at 08:21 PM.
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #53
1971 Cheyenne

Hello, My name is Brian ( my nick is "Poodude" for all you chat folks) I am 15 years old and am the proud owner of a 71 Cheyenne 10. I am in the process of a full restoration/mild rodstoration. I don't really know how I got hooked on the 67-72's, but I started by being obsessed with the 47-54's and when I realized that i needed something not quite so old school and with a more modernized powertrain. I started shopping for a 67-72! This was all a year ago, so i guess I had just turned 14.

Oh by the way, I'm paying every penny for this project by working at a vegetable farm. My parents support this venture, just think it's important for me to have to pay for it myself...

Later

Poodude
1983 M1009 CUCV Military K5 Blazer
1981 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 dually flatbed
1971 Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:00 PM   #54
1972ChevyGuy

Tim - 48
Jeremy (Son) - 18.
Kannapolis NC
Damn pillowtex
1972ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #55
67sub

My name is Curtis, I live in Hurst Texas (a suburb of Fort Worth),work for a dodge dealership selling parts(this guarantees job security) I'm 28 and have been married 8yrs. with 3 kids.

My 67 suburban c10 was originally a 6cyl. 4spd. with 4.10 posi factory tach and dealer installed a/c. The a/c does not work, the six is being replaced by a 350 currently and the 4spd. is being replaced with a th400.Leaving the gears though. I hope to have it back on the road next week.

This board is a wealth of information for me and I thank all of you for the help you have given and I'm sure will continue to give. I hope to share some knowledge too.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #56
69GMC396

I'm Nick from Goldendale, Wa. I graduated this year from Bickleton High School. 6 kids in my class. 32 in the high school. i wok in Glenwood which is on the other side of the county from bickleton. BTW Bickleton is the bluebird capital of the world. I'm 18 and I drive skidder for a logging outfit in Glenwood.
69GMC396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #57
jewels.

hi! my name is julia. but everyone calls me jewels. (hence the handle). i'm 27. i'm a mechanical engineer about to finish my master's degree. i have worked several years as an engineer in the field, both in indiana and in new york, but i am leaving the field to pursue a personal business.

yes, i'm female, but you should just consider me one of the guys. i drink beer, i love football, i play pool, i play poker, i am EXTREMELY competitive, and, of course, i work on trucks! but i look like a woman, so go figure. hee hee! most of my friends are guys, and i must say there are a lot of things typical women do that i just dont understand! however, there are a LOT of things GUYS do that i dont understand either!

right now, i am living in indiana at purdue university. i am excited to leave purdue soon, and head off to kansas city, missouri, where i will start a short stint 'apprenticeship' with an entrepreneur. i am very excited to make the move! after that, i will be on to another city to break into the business world! woohoo!!

i own a 1968 C-10 1/2 ton shortbed stepside truck (she's red). i have owned her for almost ten years now. i bought her as my first vehicle just after i turned 16. i love her, and will NEVER sell her. she is like my kid. i love trucks! i love trucks! and i love trucks! i plan to own a whole fleet someday, when i can have my own garage. many chevies, but maybe an international or two.

ok - thats enough. you know me well now! happy trucking!

jewels.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:20 PM   #58
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

Hi I'm Dennis. I am a partsman for the local transit bus district. We have 300 buses and 400 vanpools that we service in house.
The nice part is 3/4 of the vanpool fleet is Chevy's.
I have had 67 - 72 Pickups since 69 and bought my 72 new in 72.
This is great place to come and visit. I have been lucky in finding some good friends here on the board.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #59
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

Im Jodie,35 y/o, I live in Southern Georgia, where I work a part time job in a large grocery chain. I work in the meat dept and am head of the "Gormet Foods" dept. Im also working at establishing my own "commercial cleaning" business. (vacant homes, offices etc.) Im married with 3 kids ages 17,15&13.

I own (and mostly maintain myself) a 71 GMC Burb (see sig) Ive been on this board for over 3 years, and most of the successful endeavors Ive had with my truck are thanks to my many "Truck Buddies" of this board. One of the awsome things about the members of this board is the caring, concern and support of even non-truck-related issues, such as my daughters surgeries. Honestly guys, there have been times that my life would have been a whole lot ruffer without y'all.

Thanks,
junk

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:01 PM   #60
Fleetlover

Hey all George here. Older than dirt ( or at least 99% of board members it appears ) Divorced- kids grandkids . Done 2 wheelers of the American type for ages but always liked all kinds of old vehicles Had a 70 broke back short fleet in the late 80s (The truck of death ) Got the 71 as a driver last year. 59 Apache frame and motor done but on back burner for now. Live just west of Amsterdam NY along the Mohawk river Land of the killer mosquito Work for the state ( welfare with dignity) As my signature says most of my time is devoted to house resoration now Also building a 24x26 post and beam barn for my workshop Should be done by the next ice age .Where's all the New York members ? Great board !!! Later G
resto started now suspended
1884 victorian home Current
restoration project
1997 GMC Sierra Z71
1973 Harley FLH undressed
1949 male body somewhat abused
but still starts most mornings
Fleetlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM   #61
Truckhead

Hey group, my name is Paul from Waynesboro,Va. I'm 30, not married(thank god) and new to the Chevy truck scene, as all my previous rides have mainly been Ford. I've learned alot so from this site so far. I bought a 1970 shortbed 2wd off of Ebay and am waiting for its arrival.
Truckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:28 PM   #62
Dandeluxe

hello all

HI, MY NAME IS DAN AND IM A TRUCKAHOLIC. FROM ST. LOUIS MO.CITY. IM A BOOKBINDER FOR A LARGE PRINTING CO. FOR 24 YEARS NOW. IM 43 YEARS YOUNG AND MARRIED TO MY BEUTIFUL WIFE DOLORES WHO LETS ME PLAY WITH MY TRUCKS. NO KIDS . 3 CATS INSIDE AND ONE OUTSIDE. THESE ARE MY KIDS. 2 BLACKIES AND ONE TIGER. MING, BING, AND BABY . AND MR, BLUE.[ A BRITISH BLUE] IT ALL STARTED WITH A 50 CHEVY . AT ONE TIME I HAD 6 OLD TRUCKS 50 - 56 CHEVYS. ONE WAS A CAMEO. AND I ALSO OWNED 3 66 SS CHEVY II'S ONE RAN LOW 10'S.
AND ALWAYS WANTED A 67- 72 AND ALONG CAME A NICE 69 CST SWB. MY MOTOR DROPPED A VALVE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND I THINK MY TRUCK IS TESTING ME SOMETIMES IM THINKING OF THROWING IN THE TOWEL AND SELL ALL. IF THIS HEAT EVER PASSES. [102 DEGREES TODAY]ILL PUT A NEW HEAD ON IT AND HOPEFULLY ILL BE BACK ON THE ROAD ASAP. BY THE WAY I NEED SOME HEADS FOR MY 350 SBC. HOPEFULLY DOUBLE HUMPERS. THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS ON THIS BOARD. FOR ALL THE VALUBLE INFO. IVE GOT A REAL NICE 50 CHEV. PANEL IN THE GARAGE THAT SOMEDAY I PLAN ON CHOPPING THE TOP 4 INCHES AND SHAVING THE CHROME AND FRENCHING AND 4 WAY DISC BRAKES. AND GO BLACK WITH BROWN LEATHER. THIS BOARD ROCKS. THANKS FOR LETTING ME RAMBLE ON. DANNY C.

1969 cst swb corvette hugger orange with 400 hp sbc

I started out with nothing and i held on to it
Dandeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 10:59 PM   #63
blazerholic
I am a Gov't Mule

Hey y'all, I'm Brad, 32, married 8 yrs next month, 2 kids, 3 cats, 23 fish, 1 K5(72), 1 Jimmy(also 72), 1 85 yr old house (in process of restoring), 1 delapidated 2 car garage (with too much crap in it to park anything bigger than my quad which I cant seem to find time to ride) all located in the great state of Kentucky. Both my trucks are nearly end-stage cancer victims but I love 'em just the same! Been browsing this board for a long time but just finally registered (...long time listener,first time caller... ). Have had 2 '68 shortwides in the past that iggnorantly got sold (one is still in the family/sold to my brother). I work for the sh*tty ...er...uh...city of Covington as a technician which sounds important but really just means 'if it breaks, go fix it,be it a toilet or a traffic light'. I'll be retiring in a mere 23 yrs or so and maybe by then I'll have my house or one of my trucks or my garage restored...but I doubt it! A wife/family/40+ hr a week job = no free time . Someday though........
Old 08-26-2003, 11:08 PM   #64
Hooter
My other Love

well my name I Steve Hoodicoff, I live in the Kootenays (southeastern part of B.C.) and no my house hasn't burned down yet (knock on wood) I am of russian origin, there are quite a few of us "dukes" in this area. I am 19 I work at a car stereo installation shop. I am a Monte Carlo and a 67-72 nut, and somewhat of a 73-80 chev nut. I am single yet again> I use my Ford for work and my Chevy's for play

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:04 AM   #65
leadfoot067
horsepower junkie

howdy!! im shane live in puyallup, washington. 32,divorced,single,2 daughters 6 and 9. my first truck i got at age 15 was a 67 gmc short fleet.sold it shortly after high school,been hating myself ever since.have had many over the years,currently have a 72 gmc 3/4 2wd, 402/400turbo,was nice till it got stolen a couple years ago lukily i got it back a week later thrashed but still drivin.so its still ugly but its my tow and haul rig..bought another 67 gmc short fleet about a month ago,driver,350/350.very little rust.and ive got the bug again!!! so here i am, ready to make it look sweet and go fast!! great board yall got here i dont say much but i read most every day..ive spent the last several years playing with a 73 blazer im on the coloradok5 board alot as i go wheeling regularly.. so thats it for me nice to meet you all.

shane
leadfoot067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:38 AM   #66
67cst
i love summertime

My name is Derek Eaton, i live in Kelowna BC, like steve my house hasnt burned down either, dont think it will now, but it was scary last weekend...im 20, a ticketed welder and not working..go figure, hoping to get back on at the shop i was at after i got my ticket, should be soon here we figure, besides being obsessed with old chevy cars and trucks i dig mt.biking...goofing off with buddies...females are always cool, gotta bag me one of em pretty quick here, umm starting sept 1st Mandrinsixseven (Benson) and his gf will be my roomates...other then that nothing real exciting going on

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:47 AM   #67
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

My name is Greg; I am 48 and live in Central Texas (down near the equator). I have been married 22 years. I am originally from Virginia where I spent the first 24 years of my life before getting into retail management shortly out of college. Transferred from Richmond to Hampton to Virginia Beach to Dallas TX to Durham NC back to Dallas to Plainview TX to Odessa TX to Abilene TX and finally to Austin all within a span of 9 years (and you military guys thought you transferred around a lot). Got out of retail management and in to manufacturing and have been a Sr. Purchasing Agent for Abbott Laboratories for the past 16 years. Just found out last Friday that Abbott is spinning off the division I work for so needless to say I am nervous as hell along with about 14,000 other employees in this division.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #68
70c10
67-72 Addict!

My name is Jim, I'll be 34 in October and live in Perry Hall, Maryland. I'm an Engineering Associate for Baltimore County Department of Public Works as my full time job and I make custom door panels and head liners part time. I'm married and have a 10 year old daughter and a Golden Retriever. I try to stop by this board at least once or twice a day!

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #69
3wbdriver

Ok, here goes. I go by CJ, from my younger, wilder Jeep days, I turn 45 in September, have been married 22 years, and have a 19 year old son. Spent 15 years in the Army, and have been here since '89. Started dirt track racing in '96 The 3wb in my user ID is the open admission that I'm an Earnhardt "wannabe". I don't dominate on the track, but we do have a ball! I bought my '72 Blazer on returning from duty in Japan in '89. It's been my daily driver vitually every day since. This is the first winter I'm not building a race car, so I finally get to give Da Beast the attention it deserves. I have a rather dry sense of humor, so if any of youse guys ever think I'm mad at you, don't. I'm just pickin'. I've only been on this board 3 days, and I'm addicted!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's Da Beast.

It's a BLAZER dude! No options, no emblems, no a/c, no fancy shmancy. It's a BLAZER....
3wbdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:51 PM   #70
3wbdriver

OOPS!!! Here's Da beast
Attached Images

It's a BLAZER dude! No options, no emblems, no a/c, no fancy shmancy. It's a BLAZER....
3wbdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #71
67 LWB

My name is Devin, I'm 26 married with 2 kids. I lived in Oregon my entire life until about a year ago when I got stationed at FT. Carson in CO. I am in the Army as a welder (which I havent done for 4 months now) Right now I am just spending time with the family before I leave for Iraq in a couple of weeks. Hopefully be back around April with alot more money to spend on my truck Truck is a '67 longbed with no real goodies.

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO.
67 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:57 PM   #72
beamers69

Don Beam, residing in Pearl Mississippi for the past 20 or so years.
Currently employed as a Senior System Administrator for State
Dept. of Health. fell into this job after lay off from IBM. Working for
the state has given me less money to spend on truck but more
time. This is my 3rd Chevy truck had two 66 long wb stp sides
got talked into selling both of them by my wife. Now on the
third one a 69 swb that I have been playing with for about
4 years now. Off and on project.
3 boys 23,21, and 14. 21 year old totaled his z71 and that
led me to major conversions on my 69 using several of his parts.
14 year old says hurry up he's giving me 2 years so he can take
my old truck and I can do another one.
1999 Toyota 4-runner
beamers69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:11 PM   #73
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

My name is Chuck and I've lived in Virginia all my life. I'm 33 and have loved these trucks for as long as I can remember. I was brought home from the hospital in a 69 C10 and been hooked ever since. I own a 72 Custom Delux Custom Camper that my uncle bought new and had owned until he gave it to me last August. Curent plans are to get it back on the road and then slowly restore it as I go.

Chuck

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:39 PM   #74
71 fun

Talking Chad

I am from Nevada, 49 years old and have owned three of these beasts over the last 15 years. I like the trucks and feel that the people who drive them have a special trust to maintain them. any one with a decent job can purchase a new truck, it takes alot to bring one back from the dead.
71 fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:56 PM   #75
69ride
All Go, No Show

i'm dustin, 23 years old, live in Flin Flon MB. i'm a 4th level apprentice working with a mining equipment supplier right along side tim. it's nice to work with someone who you can bullsh*t about these trucks with, makes the day shorter. only problem is i don't know where to charge all that talking time too:p
69ride is offline   Reply With Quote