The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #51
bryanw1968

Smile Re: I blame this on the pickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew.mcmullin View Post
I'm trying to figure out how he owned a 49 year old truck for 64 years...
BWWWAAAAA!!!!!!
Good point
bryanw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #52
James the III

Re: I blame this on the pickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy72blu View Post
I'm gonna go with this. I love this place but IMO there are far too many dogpiling threads about prices. If a seller is being intentionally dishonest thats one thing, but things are worth what someone is willing to pay.
Most model based forums are like this..
There are guys on the team chevelle that have told the owners of a chevelle that he/she ordered new and picked up from the dealer and has all the paperwork, that g.m. never built it..

Here it's I wouldn't pay 1500 for that, yet they never take 1500 for there pantina'd truck,( pantina'd is a fancy code word for worn out faded tired paint with rust.. )
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #53
davepl

And I think that's the only part that really bugs me, the hypocrisy of "Your junk is worth nothing but mine is priceless". But they can't leave it at that, it's always with a dose of "And you're stupid for having paid".

It's almost like you can't assume a stranger on the Internet with anonymity and no accountability will be polite any more!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #54
10drum

Quote:
Originally Posted by James the III View Post
HOW DO YOU FIGURE?????????
There are tons of these trucks for under 3 grand..
Sure your not getting a clean short bed for that..
come on..
I wish 77-81 ws6 t/a's were not huge money but it is what it is..
Why are you so hung up on this, the original trucks. unless you are seeing $$$ signs, but now all that flipping cash has dried up..
I.E. people got wise to the guys buying old vehicles from old folks for pennies on the dollar and then sold it for big bucks..
Seems your upset that that is dried up..
The small time flippers are a big part of the silly cost of older vehicles..
No James, I'm not hung up at all about what is, or is not dried up. I just don't think that an "all original" POS, has more value than a nice "not all original". A POS with original paint, is still a POS. The truck that I linked in this thread is a POS, worth somewhere between 3 and 5k, not 16k. That's my opinion, you have your opinion, and that's fine. I'd love to buy that POS for 5k, put 10k in it, and have a nice truck worth about 12k. Think of the fun I'd have. Or, I could buy it for 20k, park it back in the fence row, and hope some picker idiot comes along buys it for 50k.
10drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #55
cdub2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
Just means you can clean this truck up & do a quick flip for $15-20k if somebody out there is willing to pay. But just because one truck sells high in one area, doesn't mean the entire market is like that. Lots of guys forget that and assume everything is priced high now. You can still get driving swb trucks $2-5k that aren't rust buckets.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6028670925.html
All i see here is a $5500 truck that needs somewhere near 10k put into it to be a real nice truck. Where are all these swb drivers for 2k?
cdub2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #56
trac209

Firstly truck bashing isn't cool regardless of price asked,the seller could be a member. And second if you're worried about what a classic vehicle will be worth after you sink money and time into it you're in the wrong hobby. I see too many threads like this where people are complaining about other people's asking prices. You have no idea what high prices are,browse some Canadian classic classifieds for a look at the deals you are getting. There are people who make a living here driving to the U.S and bringing back vehicles to sell here.
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #57
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
...Also the "numbers matching" claim...
I would pay top dollar for a "numbers matching" C10...

j/k... no I wouldn't...

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #58
ryanv70c10

Damn tough crowd, I don't see a 5k POS anywhere on this thread. I see a very nice original slant nose short box in black. It's a beauty IMO.
ryanv70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #59
Coley

While I'm not sure if the little black truck is worth $16-$17k....it definitely is worth north of $5k in my books...maybe $6500-8500 thereabouts...maybe a little more but not into the 5 figures.
It is a nice little truck and he has spent some positive time detailing it up nicely, which makes a big difference, at least to me.
I posted before that I'll never know why some guys won't even clean out the McDonalds milkshake cups and random cigarette butts on the floor prior to posting a pic....lol.
These are the low budget, low buck sellers.....whereas this guy knows more as to what he is doing.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:10 AM   #60
YBNORML

I have no opinion as to the pricing of this truck, it will sell for whatever the market says it's worth. Do I like the current prices? No, this hobby is getting expensive. But the market sets the prices, no matter what we want.

That being said, I hear all the time in here about how stuff isnt worth the asking price and that they can buy them all day long for ridiculous prices.
I've yet to see the ads for these trucks. I would love to see them...............

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 AM   #61
GR8-68

I find these posts kind of comical, I see guys pay 6-700 for a set of tow hooks but think a running decent looking truck is only worth 12-1500

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #62
James the III

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I have no opinion as to the pricing of this truck, it will sell for whatever the market says it's worth. Do I like the current prices? No, this hobby is getting expensive. But the market sets the prices, no matter what we want.

That being said, I hear all the time in here about how stuff isnt worth the asking price and that they can buy them all day long for ridiculous prices.
I've yet to see the ads for these trucks. I would love to see them...............
Oh they might be able to find them for that, but they never flip it for that.. they'll want top dollar
Old 03-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #63
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post

Nobody is going to post a good deal for all the vultures here...they are going to buy it themselves

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #64
10drum

I hope I haven't offended anyone. As I stated earlier, I noticed the listing while researching the value of my truck. In reality, I think my original (except paint), 60k mile, drive anywhere truck is worth just a little over half of what the final bid (reserve not met), on the fence row truck ended at. This was a fun thread. Phil
10drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #65
davepl

That thing went $18,700.00 and didn't hit reserve. As one of the guys on this thread defending current values, let me say that's crazy.

That truck is a $7500 truck to me all day long. No idea why the seller wouldn't take 18,700 for it. Mystery to me!
Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #66
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Smile Re: I blame this on the pickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Yep, it's high, but I sure like it. Stuff like this just means we have to polish up our body work skills to fix the ratty ones we find for under $10k... The only thing that annoys me is all the hyperbole and jibberish that fills up the ads nowadays. Generally speaking, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the majority of ads are over-hyped. But, then again, the term "used car salesman" had meaning a long, long time ago - but these are average Joe's all trying to be the gas monkey dude nowadays it seems. I can always decide what I'm willing to pay, and when the price is above that, well, oh well! SAY-LA-VEE. (someone check that spellin!) We spend a lot of time picking apart folks' ads, but the good thing is that by hangin out on this site, we're savvy enough to spot BS when we read it. So, pick away, I say, it helps us all by putting together everyone's opinions in the process of forming our own. Having said all that - I'll say it again, forget the ad, I love the truck though. Cool little piece of history, regardless of what is true or false in the ad and regardless of originality, etc. Wish it was in my barn
Hey Mark, try this "C'est la Vie"

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #67
Willie Makeit

some of y'all need to stop. seriously, just stop. you're starting to look silly.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #68
James the III

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
That thing went $18,700.00 and didn't hit reserve. As one of the guys on this thread defending current values, let me say that's crazy.

That truck is a $7500 truck to me all day long. No idea why the seller wouldn't take 18,700 for it. Mystery to me!
Cuse they went for 25-40k+ at b/j a few weeks ago..
Old 03-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #69
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by James the III View Post
Cuse they went for 25-40k+ at b/j a few weeks ago..
I assume you're joking, but nothing in that rough of a condition sold for anything near that money at BJ that I saw...
Old 03-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #70
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Hey Mark, try this "C'est la Vie"
I just knew one of them thar Saskatchians would know how to spell it fer me!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #71
dubds10
Stalker Nate

If guys actually looked at all the pics of that truck you'd see it's a $5-7500 truck tops. It needs work and is rough. It's easy to tell from the pics the owner just did a buff on the exterior paint to make it look shiny to sell it to somebody, but when you look at the engine compartment and box etc then you know lol

If I were him I would've had a $10k reserve and took the $18k laughing all the way to the bank. At $18k you can find a restored swb. If somebody actually thinks it's worth $18k then it's only worth it to them and the other bidder (unless it's a fake bidder which there are lots of on eBay). Just because a truck sells for that price on eBay doesn't mean that's what the market will bare everywhere across North America or mean that's an accurate representation of market prices.

For all the guys who says there are no cheap swb trucks, maybe there aren't any cheap ones in your area, or maybe you just aren't looking hard enough or don't get the breaks some guys do. How do you think some of these flippers are making so much money lol They ARE buying swb trucks cheap and flipping them for 2-5 times their purchase price to other guys who either can't be bothered to look for them or just don't know how to find them. Nobody in their right mind will post up the cheap trucks on here, so don't ask to see them when most of them aren't even posted on CL or ebay. Get out and start driving. Every time somebody says there are cheap trucks, everybody asks for them.

I rarely post the trucks I buy on here or the prices I pay, but if I do lots of guys will say that's cheap or a great deal yet in my market they are barely a good deal lol Everybody's market is different and you can't really compare them. Last solid running driving swb I bought was $2g and I turned around and sold it for $3500 as that's just what the market would bare in my area. Shortly after I saw a similar truck like mine posted for $10g with bad rust and thought nobody would be that stupid to pay that, but it ended up selling for $7500 I believe after being posted for a year or so. One day you can be low, next day you can be high.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #72
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
I find these posts kind of comical, I see guys pay 6-700 for a set of tow hooks but think a running decent looking truck is only worth 12-1500
There's a guy here that paid $20 for a set of 72 tow hooks on eBay recently. He even posted a thread with the ad/screen shots to prove it. If you look around long enough and hard enough you will find a good deal. If you look at message boards all you'll see is high prices and good deals someone else got before you could find them

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #73
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I just knew one of them thar Saskatchians would know how to spell it fer me!
Saskatchewanians!
Old 03-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #74
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanv70c10 View Post
Damn tough crowd, I don't see a 5k POS anywhere on this thread. I see a very nice original slant nose short box in black. It's a beauty IMO.
I agree. I believe there was a no rust/all original claim. I didn't study it, but it sure looked clean. Apparently it was worth 19K-ish to someone. If it's super clean and everything in tact, I'm not going to argue the price tag.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #75
Mollzyie

Name:  IMG_6023.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  32.4 KB