The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #901
rickywideglide

Re: What did you do to your truck today part II.

finally got truck tagged today ,finding any excuse to drive it.need to work out a few issues but you cant beat that feeling
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #902
rideblue00

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpeen View Post
Nice

That carpet laid out perfect huh? What did you put under it?
Yeah it laid out good. I let it go over the firewall pad like the stock rubber mat does. I didn't put anything underneath my carpet. It came molded with some rubber stuff underneath of it, so I decided not to put anything under it. It was fairly thick, I could barely get it over the knobs on the floor. I did put some peel and seal on the back wall behind the gas tank though.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #903
crowdaddy

Delivered my truck to the shop for a rebuild of the 230 motor. Had to give the vin # and I had to tell the tow truck driver it doesn't have one. Is that true, or where do you look for it?
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #904
schpeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdaddy View Post
Delivered my truck to the shop for a rebuild of the 230 motor. Had to give the vin # and I had to tell the tow truck driver it doesn't have one. Is that true, or where do you look for it?
no title?
Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #905
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Crowdaddy, here is a thread that has all the options on where the VIN could be.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316902

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #906
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
WOW! Yer truck is clean!!!! Me likes!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #907
65Gregg

Put new levers on my heater control, my defrost lever was broken. I order the new ones from Old Air Products. Now I just need to put the dash back together since we just repainted it.
Attached Images

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #908
65Gregg

Front side
Attached Images

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 07-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #909
earl84

Not today, but in the last week, I got it registered and insured and drove it for the first time in over a year. Shakedown run went well. A couple leaks that required some tightening of fittings, but that was it. Started putting other stuff on. Sail panels, West Coast Junior mirrors, heater parts (added a Pex shutoff valve). Sure is nice to drive it again. Try to get pics later today. Need to get it aligned now.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #910
murphy98

Installed the finishing touches to my '62s exterior. Every service truck needs a Jerry can on board, found this one in good shape at a local flea market a couple of weeks ago. Stripped the original green paint, resprayed it red with B/A logo. Also added two single rail stake rails to complete the look! I'd like to send a special shout out to fellow member WhippinSaw & his '63 long stepper for inspiring these stake rails, his truck has black single rails which look just right against his white truck.
I had to shorten mine due to my over the rail tool box so my vertical pieces don't actually line up with the stake pockets but I found a way to secure them with no visible fasteners, I'm pleased with how they look. I actually made these up from 1" thick PVC trim boards, so no painting and no rot!

And if I may, Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #911
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Very impressive! Both the Jerry can and stake rails add a nice touch of authenticity.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #912
Chevy Fleetside

I sprayed the orange side of the bed today with some primer just to cover up the orange. I figured black would look better then orange with the blue. Maybe I will do the other side tomorrow.
Attached Images

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Old 07-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #913
Dillon Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy98 View Post
Installed the finishing touches to my '62s exterior. Every service truck needs a Jerry can on board, found this one in good shape at a local flea market a couple of weeks ago. Stripped the original green paint, resprayed it red with B/A logo. Also added two single rail stake rails to complete the look! I'd like to send a special shout out to fellow member WhippinSaw & his '63 long stepper for inspiring these stake rails, his truck has black single rails which look just right against his white truck.
I had to shorten mine due to my over the rail tool box so my vertical pieces don't actually line up with the stake pockets but I found a way to secure them with no visible fasteners, I'm pleased with how they look. I actually made these up from 1" thick PVC trim boards, so no painting and no rot!

And if I may, Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!
Is that a 20 or a 10? In any case nice rig man. Dig the paint scheme. Where did you get the carrier for the jerry can? I just throw mine in the bed with a bungie strap through a few holes in the bed.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #914
Dillon Rock

Quote:
Researched the type of headlights I placed in my 1964 truck, decided they will fall closely in the parameters of the original and be slightly brighter.

Put a coat of white paint on one hubcap to check out the coverage. Decided to put three coats of white or more, until I can get a fairly smooth back ground.

Cleaned some of the rubber seals around the windows with a cleaner restorer. Checked out the engine compartment to see how they will remove the engine Tuesday hopefully. This is what it currently looks like. It's a beauty imho.
Nice to see a good rig from round those parts man. I'm from Bangor/Hartford area and I never saw a rig as clean as that. How much she run ya?
Old 07-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #915
murphy98

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Very impressive! Both the Jerry can and stake rails add a nice touch of authenticity.
Thanks very much markeb01, I think the exterior looks complete now...till I get more big ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon Rock View Post
Is that a 20 or a 10? In any case nice rig man. Dig the paint scheme. Where did you get the carrier for the jerry can? I just throw mine in the bed with a bungie strap through a few holes in the bed.
Thanks Dillon Rock, it's a 1/2 ton, wish it was a 4x4 actually, maybe the next project. I got the Jerry can holder on Amazon, about $30.

[QUOTE=Dillon Rock;6743969]Nice to see a good rig from round those parts man. I'm from Bangor/Hartford area and I never saw a rig as clean as that.

This is a Canadian built truck which was originally from Alberta, I got it about 8 years ago now and did a complete body off frame restoration on my own. so I actually don't have that much in parts into it. Worst part was the cab, have 17 patch panels in it! Rest of the sheet metal not including front fenders is original GM metal. Took me 7yrs. to get it done but well worth it.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #916
crowdaddy

Thank you fellow old truck collectors, enthusiasts, pros and heavy metalists, I'm sure when I find the paperwork to my truck I'll look there for the vin#, or take a ride to the shop and search around……….
Old 07-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #917
Dillon Rock

Still she looks beautiful. Love the service truck scheme. I'm contemplating making mine a 4x4. Thinking about a Chevrolet service style with the old GM blue and either a cream top or IH white.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #918
crowdaddy

Dillon Rock, it was in the family…….no one wanted it……I know lucky.
Lookin for the paper work,……….can't wait!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #919
Dillon Rock

Best of luck to ya Crowdaddy. All I know is that the Vin plate was on the driver's side B - pillar on a little tin plate. Other than that, it's a guessing game from there.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #920
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Put the final coats of satin clear on the customized steering wheel (now 15" in diameter).

...in case anyone is wondering about the color scheme, here's a photo of the dash:
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
Old 07-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #921
schpeen

Put new GM carpets in and new rocker trim. Hopefully I will get my seat back from the upholstery shop tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #922
crowdaddy

That's a beautiful shade of blue, very creative, I never knew these trucks could look so great! What a lot of work!!……………….
Old 07-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #923
schpeen

Quote:
That's a beautiful shade of blue, very creative, I never knew these trucks could look so great! What a lot of work!!……………….
Thanks brother. It varies com very light to dark depending on how the light hits it. We also added a lot of extra sparkles to the mix.

Sorry about the sideways pics. They were straight up and down on my phone. Not sure why they rotated
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #924
crowdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon Rock View Post
Best of luck to ya Crowdaddy. All I know is that the Vin plate was on the driver's side B - pillar on a little tin plate. Other than that, it's a guessing game from there.
Thanks for the heads up Dillon Rock, I'll be lookin'
Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #925
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Steering wheel turned out beautifully. That's going to be a nice looking interior all put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin63 View Post
Put the final coats of satin clear on the customized steering wheel (now 15" in diameter).

...in case anyone is wondering about the color scheme, here's a photo of the dash: