The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #926
ray1970

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Ray here.
I had one good call were it was all worked out....
20 min. later???shutdown- day over.

Ray.....Hope it all works for you....Im going to seat back for awhile..
ray1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #927
Crushkrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
I am not giving up yet. I can't.

Good to hear...I'll report next week on my install and results...
Old 01-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #928
swampbog

Wow, Now I'm wondering if I'm going this way or not.
But at the same time I'm wonder maybe you and Ray did get bad units. After all I haven't read about others that have the same consent issues that you guys are having. I seen where others have a cold start issue but they get worked out.
Again I do wonder if it's the adder that is causing the problems. Especially since Ray had a standard unit and it didn't have a cold start issue, please tell me if I'm wrong Ray.
Could it be a to strong of spring on the IAC unit? Both you and Ray noticed there was strong resistance to the IAC on the adder.

I really can't see two people on the same forum have the same problems (or close to it) out of so many others, that is to much of a coincidence.

Are others not dealing with the same cold or have "milder" set-ups (cam and compression) than you two. Ray is your engine built up?

CAn there be a something you both have in common? hmmm. Ford vs Chevy, different states, surely to god you can't be both using the same settings on the virgin install.

On customer service I did notice a big difference from Rod when I have called. I usually seem to get ( to put it lightly) a snot nose punk.
I called once about replacement parts and when I asked about the ECU I was told only Ken could answer that and the girl I talked to said that if I gave my info he would get back with me, Never heard anytrhing. Another time I called I was told that the ECU should have a lifetime warrenty and (quote) " why it wouldn't doesn't make sense" and once I questioned it if he was right he told me that he would get back to me and let me know for sure. I said I was still waitng for my response back From Ken and he promised tro get back to me the next day. If your reading this kenny, I'm stall waiting for my answer after two weeks. And no this wasn't Ken the owner, just some idiot that answer the phone. This is why I asked you who you talked to Ray, I thought maybe yopu got the same dumb****s I did.
I did think if I had issues I would do what Rod did and call and only be willing to speak to Ken and the head tech guy (can't remember his name) so this never seemed like an big issue to me.

I'm also thinking to myself, my Jeep is a warm weather vehicle so how many issues with cold start could I havce have? But at the same time I want to do winter wheeling and snow drift busting so would this really screw me over?
BUT, just pushing the pedal down will get rid of it still will make this better than my carb. After all I shouldn't stall out when I bounne over rocks or deal with steep hills and flood the engine out. I hope.

Ray, what differences did you see between the two units?
Do you have the same size unit as Rod, a 1200 I believe?
Did you talk to them about sending your unit back? Did they saythey will check it out?

Rod I am curious if they are going to test your unit and fix it or send you a new one, maybe you should make a secret mark on it so you know if it's the same unit. Or are they serialized?

Again thinking to myself, will I be willing to but up with pressing the pedal for a cold start or spend twicew as much on another unit? Only I can answeer that question.
Will the Holley sniper be a better option for me, or you?

Will there be a new version because you two are haveing these problems?

So many questions that I want answers to right now but I know that it'll take time to find out wehats going on.
Will others start having issues with theirs ?
What happens when we get a really cold winter agion?

CAn I stop drinking tonight?
Went out after work and hit up a few bars and made some new friends (barmaids). I think I had about 10 beers and then come home and had a copuple more as I typed this.
The answer to the question above is yes after IU finsh this beer. lol

Will Fitech find out that they do have a few bad apples and fix them and make everyone happy?

Rod don't give up
Ray are you going to look at the holley unit?

Will I feel like **** tommorow morning?
I think so, I blanked out there for a moment...ok I passed out for a seconf. shh don't tell the wife, shge thinks I'm ok/

Crap, it's only 10:15. I hate getting old.
I use to stay up later. but in my defense I use toi drink slower to because IO din't have the monyte to rink all the beer Iwanted to,

I had another. one O thinm k it showds. that or soimething
why isn;t speelk check workingh?

Ok night noight
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:04 AM   #929
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbog View Post
Wow, Now I'm wondering if I'm going this way or not.
But at the same time I'm wonder maybe you and Ray did get bad units. After all I haven't read about others that have the same consent issues that you guys are having. I seen where others have a cold start issue but they get worked out.
Again I do wonder if it's the adder that is causing the problems. Especially since Ray had a standard unit and it didn't have a cold start issue, please tell me if I'm wrong Ray.
Could it be a to strong of spring on the IAC unit? Both you and Ray noticed there was strong resistance to the IAC on the adder.

I really can't see two people on the same forum have the same problems (or close to it) out of so many others, that is to much of a coincidence.

Are others not dealing with the same cold or have "milder" set-ups (cam and compression) than you two. Ray is your engine built up?

CAn there be a something you both have in common? hmmm. Ford vs Chevy, different states, surely to god you can't be both using the same settings on the virgin install.

On customer service I did notice a big difference from Rod when I have called. I usually seem to get ( to put it lightly) a snot nose punk.
I called once about replacement parts and when I asked about the ECU I was told only Ken could answer that and the girl I talked to said that if I gave my info he would get back with me, Never heard anytrhing. Another time I called I was told that the ECU should have a lifetime warrenty and (quote) " why it wouldn't doesn't make sense" and once I questioned it if he was right he told me that he would get back to me and let me know for sure. I said I was still waitng for my response back From Ken and he promised tro get back to me the next day. If your reading this kenny, I'm stall waiting for my answer after two weeks. And no this wasn't Ken the owner, just some idiot that answer the phone. This is why I asked you who you talked to Ray, I thought maybe yopu got the same dumb****s I did.
I did think if I had issues I would do what Rod did and call and only be willing to speak to Ken and the head tech guy (can't remember his name) so this never seemed like an big issue to me.

I'm also thinking to myself, my Jeep is a warm weather vehicle so how many issues with cold start could I havce have? But at the same time I want to do winter wheeling and snow drift busting so would this really screw me over?
BUT, just pushing the pedal down will get rid of it still will make this better than my carb. After all I shouldn't stall out when I bounne over rocks or deal with steep hills and flood the engine out. I hope.

Ray, what differences did you see between the two units?
Do you have the same size unit as Rod, a 1200 I believe?
Did you talk to them about sending your unit back? Did they saythey will check it out?

Rod I am curious if they are going to test your unit and fix it or send you a new one, maybe you should make a secret mark on it so you know if it's the same unit. Or are they serialized?

Again thinking to myself, will I be willing to but up with pressing the pedal for a cold start or spend twicew as much on another unit? Only I can answeer that question.
Will the Holley sniper be a better option for me, or you?

Will there be a new version because you two are haveing these problems?

So many questions that I want answers to right now but I know that it'll take time to find out wehats going on.
Will others start having issues with theirs ?
What happens when we get a really cold winter agion?

CAn I stop drinking tonight?
Went out after work and hit up a few bars and made some new friends (barmaids). I think I had about 10 beers and then come home and had a copuple more as I typed this.
The answer to the question above is yes after IU finsh this beer. lol

Will Fitech find out that they do have a few bad apples and fix them and make everyone happy?

Rod don't give up
Ray are you going to look at the holley unit?

Will I feel like **** tommorow morning?
I think so, I blanked out there for a moment...ok I passed out for a seconf. shh don't tell the wife, shge thinks I'm ok/

Crap, it's only 10:15. I hate getting old.
I use to stay up later. but in my defense I use toi drink slower to because IO din't have the monyte to rink all the beer Iwanted to,

I had another. one O thinm k it showds. that or soimething
why isn;t speelk check workingh?

Ok night noight
This post cracks me up. I need to read this again. Lol.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:11 AM   #930
RodsGreen10

They said fix or replace.
Ray has the 600 and the 600 adder I believe.
You can email Ken direct. That's what I do.
It is possible that Ray and I got a defected one. Idk that is why I am sending mine back so I can find out. Idk anything else it could be.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:29 AM   #931
Trucker79

I seriously hope you fellers get this figured out and you get what you want. I was really hoping that this thing would have been a positive for the both of you! I've been lurking since Christmas. I bought a standard kit, and I know that isn't what you guys are dealing with, but it is kinda like a turd in the punch bowl at this point.
Trucker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:29 AM   #932
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Yeah, I'm not necessarily out all together.
I just want to give it some time.
I'll keep checking in to see how things are going.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:32 AM   #933
LostMy65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
This post cracks me up. I need to read this again. Lol.
Yes, good post.
It seems longer the second time.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #934
RodsGreen10

Well don't give up just yet guys. They are actually working on it from what they told me in the last email I got. Something to with chips and injectors and software update and cold start cold battery. It isn't ready just testing stage. But at least that makes me feel a little better that they haven't just said piss on it figure it out. I am giving them the chance to test mine and see what they come up with. After that we will see what I do.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #935
swampbog

I was going to delete that post but since you quoted it I'll have to live with it.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #936
Crushkrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbog View Post
I was going to delete that post but since you quoted it I'll have to live with it.
Damn I'm suprise you are already coherent today...when I read that post last night I be like...been there done that...

Like many things drunk posting is fun....until your friends see you....
Old 01-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #937
ray1970

Ray here.

Here I go.
1. None adder started without issue..
2.I swapped air controllers and it made no change...Tech tells me they are the
same..
3.Yes the same problem from what I can see. I did not show up here looking for that
but it can happen like finding your missing twin at the Mall...
4. 408 Cleveland-Roller with .620 lift-CHI heads-Duel plane intake-headers.
4000+miles this summer..
5.Start up input is very limited
6.Should not have to talk with the owner to get something done..
7.600 adder with 4 shooters
8.In my frustration I tossed the hole thing in a box and mailed it home.
I cant use it- I cant sell it-Its just a block of metal to me..
9.Yes I have had 1 or two beers myself...
10.The holly has no software or NOS control... I would keep the std 600 if I didn't want that but with the poor service I have gotten at this time am not shore I could do that either.

Did I miss anything?....Yes I did.... how are you felling this morning?

Ray.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #938
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Ray here.

Here I go.
1. None adder started without issue..
2.I swapped air controllers and it made no change...Tech tells me they are the
same..
3.Yes the same problem from what I can see. I did not show up here looking for that
but it can happen like finding your missing twin at the Mall...
4. 408 Cleveland-Roller with .620 lift-CHI heads-Duel plane intake-headers.
4000+miles this summer..
5.Start up input is very limited
6.Should not have to talk with the owner to get something done..
7.600 adder with 4 shooters
8.In my frustration I tossed the hole thing in a box and mailed it home.
I cant use it- I cant sell it-Its just a block of metal to me..
9.Yes I have had 1 or two beers myself...
10.The holly has no software or NOS control... I would keep the std 600 if I didn't want that but with the poor service I have gotten at this time am not shore I could do that either.

Did I miss anything?....Yes I did.... how are you felling this morning?

Ray.

Did they put up a fuss about you returning it for a refund?
Old 01-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #939
LostMy65

Get the name of the snot nose kid and tell the owners.

Last night I did more Internet searching, there's quite a few anxiously waiting for their Fitech to be shipped.
Most are saying mid to late January.
Coming February and March we'll see what kind of experience people have.

66 C20 Service Truck:

Last edited by LostMy65; 01-09-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #940
ray1970

Ray here.

I could type out a page on any one of the 1-10 thing's(This includes the beer)

To be honest I did not ask and really did not care at that point..
The idea of laying blame on me for problem's the shipping dept. set in motion
Two times! Added with the fact there is also a underlying issue with the product.not just the body....No return on e-mails .
Being belittled and uniformed of known problem's..
Having one tech override another because he has an attitude about some of the things I MY have said(I did not us any 4 letter word)

I HAVE MOST LIKLY OVER REACTED...Time will tell....
In the end I would really like to see this product work..

Ray..
Old 01-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #941
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Ray here.

I could type out a page on any one of the 1-10 thing's(This includes the beer)

To be honest I did not ask and really did not care at that point..
The idea of laying blame on me for problem's the shipping dept. set in motion
Two times! Added with the fact there is also a underlying issue with the product.not just the body....No return on e-mails .
Being belittled and uniformed of known problem's..
Having one tech override another because he has an attitude about some of the things I MY have said(I did not us any 4 letter word)

I HAVE MOST LIKLY OVER REACTED...Time will tell....
In the end I would really like to see this product work..

Ray..
What underlying issue are you speaking about? And what is the issue with the body? Don't hold back Ray. I want to know? I may ask for my $ back.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #942
RodsGreen10

So I have been thinking and not really happy right now about all this. So emailed Ken amd Jeremy asking them if they would send me a new unit so I would not have any down time waiting on them to test my unit. I feel that is at least they could do with all the headache this has cause me. So we will see what they say.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #943
MrSS

Man I feel bad for you guys with all the problems. I went to EFI myself but it was a slightly used unit the FAST EZ EFI, guy was doing LS swap. Its probably one of the best things I have done to my truck. It runs so well and I haven't calculated mpg yet it has to be much better by the frequency I put fuel in now. It was almost 80 here then in the 40s the next day and no cold start issue.
MrSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #944
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS View Post
Man I feel bad for you guys with all the problems. I went to EFI myself but it was a slightly used unit the FAST EZ EFI, guy was doing LS swap. Its probably one of the best things I have done to my truck. It runs so well and I haven't calculated mpg yet it has to be much better by the frequency I put fuel in now. It was almost 80 here then in the 40s the next day and no cold start issue.
Rub it in lol. Well I am giving them a chance. If no luck with FiTech I will go with another EFI kit or just back to old reliable carb.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #945
RodsGreen10

Well before removing the FiTech I tried a cold start it started ran for 3-5 second died and would not start at all this time. Even with rolling into the throttle. So I am sending it back for them to test it. But I have requested a new one sent my way. I am really really leaning towards going back to a carb after all this. If FiTech sends me a new unit I will try it if not I am 98% sure I will go back carb. Just upset I have spent so much time and money for this to be a flop at this point.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #946
LostMy65

Do you need the adder, or could the $795 model work for you? I know you said you don't need/want timing control.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #947
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Do you need the adder, or could the $795 model work for you? I know you said you don't need/want timing control.
The reason I bought the adder was for future proof. Nitrous or turbo or supercharger. Just almost at my breaking point with it. Plus my wife is *****ing now with all the money spent on this unit and setup plus double spending on the fuel system stuff. Cause they felt it was a fuel issue. Well by god I can tell you for a fact it is not lol.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #948
RodsGreen10

So I sent them a new email saying that with everything I have gone through and all the money I have spent and the in convince this has cause me. The only resolution for me at this time is a new EFI 8. All new in box kit new EFI 8 handheld wiring harness everything. I feel that is fair IMO. If not I have asked them for a full refund. We will see what happens.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #949
ray1970

Ray here...

There is not many times someone can say this and really mean it but i think i can..

........................I FEEL YOUR PAIN...................

I have no more to say on the Fitech subject at this time but i will check in from time to time to see how you made out..

Ray Morrison
Madbury NH
Old 01-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #950
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Ray here...

There is not many times someone can say this and really mean it but i think i can..

........................I FEEL YOUR PAIN...................

I have no more to say on the Fitech subject at this time but i will check in from time to time to see how you made out..

Ray Morrison
Madbury NH
And I feel your pain. And almost passing out from fumes in garage from FiTech.