The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
jays68yak

Project Daily Driver in the weeds

Ive been talking about ditching my little commuter car for a little truck. The Truck would be better for me. I was looking for a running truck to begin playing with, but ended up with this.

Its a 69 chevy 2wd short bed. 67-68 front clip, has a bunch of work done to it. Air bags up front, nothing out back, lays rocker.

Got it home and almost took a tree out trying to get it in my back yard.

To get it out i figured id use my other 2wd truck, the wheeler. Yep still havnt fixed it from blazer fest.

With the trailer hooked to the wheeler, My buddy Jeremy helped me get it in the garage.

Someone before me had Z'd the frame to get it to lay so low. They never finished the job and this is how they left the front of the frame.

After some pondering and looking at it, then some measuring and drawing. I had a plan of attack.

Headed to the shop to cut the steel on the horizontal bandsaw. That thing is a life saver.

After a bunch of other steps and cutting, not to mention some welding. Its in. On the drivers side at least. Its acting like a steering box brace incase I ever decide to crawl rocks with it.

If your monitor isnt too dark you might be able to see both sides. Damn battery was dying on the phone so it disabled the flash.

The plan is to build something fun, cool, usable, and that gets better gas mileage then the crew cab. Was going to go 5.3 liter, but scored a 6.0 instead. Ill be backing it by a t56. The truck came with a new wiring harness that needs to be installed. Also came with new drop spindles and brake booster/master. I hit up the junk yard last weekend and found a hydroboost setup for less then $30. That will soon be finding its way on. Trying to find a 9inch that I can get cheaply and not have to spend a bunch to be the correct width and lug pattern. I also plan on running 20s with a decent sidewall to keep from messing up the rims on pot holes. Its nice to have a garage again and to beable to tinker. Even if the tinkering is the same thing I do during the day.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "

Last edited by jays68yak; 02-27-2011 at 03:14 AM.
jays68yak is offline   Reply With Quote