The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #76
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Re: My Truck

Nice looking hood. Let us know how well it fits.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #77
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimE View Post
Nice looking hood. Let us know how well it fits.
Will do, and it better fit damn good for that price and wait.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #78
TwiggyTheDrummer

Also, I forgot to mention about my wheels. I will be picking up some 20" BOSS Motorsports wheels with some brand spanking new rubbers for the '63 sometime this week or very early next week.

305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #79
TimE
Hey Y'all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post
Will do, and it better fit damn good for that price and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post
Also, I forgot to mention about my wheels. I will be picking up some 20" BOSS Motorsports wheels with some brand spanking new rubbers for the '63 sometime this week or very early next week.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 AM   #80
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'm curious to hear what you have to say about the fit and finish on that hood. I've read some negative feedback on US Body Source. Did you go and pick it up yourself?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #81
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I'm curious to hear what you have to say about the fit and finish on that hood. I've read some negative feedback on US Body Source. Did you go and pick it up yourself?
Hey captainfab, and yes I did pick it up myself, and it looks like it will be a fine fit. Once I get the front end on this weekend I will be able to tell. But it better be a good one.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #82
jason65
Registerd User

Cool. Gonna take pics?
jason65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #83
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason65 View Post
Cool. Gonna take pics?
Oh come on man, look at this thread. Of course I'm gonna take pics, I took at least 30 glamor shots on that hood by itself. But what is it you're speaking of in particular?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #84
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thumbs up Update!

Today I ordered my wheels and tires so I should have them in by next Friday. Though they want be put on the truck until after it's done in the paint booth in a few weeks. As far as the wheels go they are 20" BOSS 313's in chrome and are complete with a fresh set of med-profile Kumho rubbers for the best in protection. I got a sweet deal on the package from some friends of mine here at Town and Country Tire here in Live Oak. I'll get ya'll some pics once I get 'em and especially once I get them on after paint.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #85
TwiggyTheDrummer

Got the front inner fenders and core support hung today and I figured that I might as well mount the front fenders and check out the hood.

And this is the only bad part I'm finding regarding fitment. Pretty lousy grinding job on that line. Also, I'm going to have to take it down on the passenger side where it meets the cab corner because it rests atleast a good half inch above at that spot.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #86
TwiggyTheDrummer

Wheel Teaser Photo

Here's a teaser pic, but I'll have the real pics up on Friday after I get them.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #87
jason65
Registerd User

Nice.Thats gonna look great.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #88
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks man. I can't wait to get it finished and on the road.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #89
jason65
Registerd User

Tell me about it. I got almost everything I need to finish but the bodyshop is behind schedule. You look like your comeing right along though.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #90
TwiggyTheDrummer

Yeah it's coming along great. I'm just trying to get the lines to line up right and get everything ready to go back together for paint. Should be in paint by 2-3 weeks. After that time for wiring and the interior.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #91
joe231

looks good!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #92
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks joe.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #93
Barebones66

Dude that color is sweet, that pearl really makes it snap.

1st project 66 SWB
Dave
Barebones66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #94
TwiggyTheDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barebones66 View Post
Dude that color is sweet, that pearl really makes it snap.
Thanks barebones. I'm doing the bumper to match and the grill will be a black metallic with some other additives to really make it compliment the body and chrome wheels.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #95
66chevy PROSTREET
SOLD

are you going to lower it?

TRUCK THREAD- http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=301368&page=2
66chevy PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #96
TwiggyTheDrummer

I want to lower it sooner or later but I'm not worrying about it right now. I have a buddy that does suspension work so after I get it finished and on the road I'll figure out what I want to do with height. Though I'm sure that there's atleast about a 3" drop in it's somewhat distant future. But no bags or extreme drops because I just don't have that kind of money.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #97
66chevy PROSTREET
SOLD

nice job, looks good!

TRUCK THREAD- http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=301368&page=2
66chevy PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #98
TwiggyTheDrummer

Thanks man. I'm glad to see that all of you like what I'm doing with it.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #99
jonathan-m

very cool project. I like what all you've done so far... and nice to see another Floridian!
jonathan-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #100
Corts60
Just here to tinker

You know what would be bada*s, is if you had somebody replicate the valve cover plaid onto your bumpers, or maybe a stripe down the side. I think that plaid and copper color you have go great together. Nice build!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote