The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
greengrenade

Bagged 65 c10. AKA the periwinkle pile

Hey all, im new to these trucks so im still learning a lot about this generation, i have a 59 apache, and a 31 model a project myself. Just sold a 62 belair that i bagged, interior, paint etc. This is my buddys 65 aka the periwinkle pile. Im doing all the fab work for him. Plans are accuair e level, tri 4 link rear, pancaked front crossmember with rack n pinion and drop spindles. Ss re7 bags on all 4 corners and some other odds and ends. Eventually its getting an lq9 and a t56 but were just bagging it now and gonna cruise it this season with the stock 230 3 speed combo. Heres a few pics of my 62 and my apache thats still in pieces and the start of this project

My 62 that i sold

My apache project

Ok say heres how the 65 started out. Clean little truck owned by an old farmer, 230, 3 on the tree. Decent little ride

Threw on a set of 20" detroit steelies, hubcaps still to come

Heres day one of the build. Got the bed off, all original rear suspension out and started cleaning the frame rails. Pics after the end of the first night

Second day we kept cleaning the frame rails and got one side of the step notch tacked up and ready to weld but i ran out of mig wire. Heres a few pics of the notch mocked up. Ill also add this was a thor bros notch and the fitment absolutely sucked

Since we ran out of wire sat night, sunday the welding store was closed, we decided to knock out the rear disc conversion on the 12 bolt. Pulled the c clips, axles out, reassembled with discs. The rear needs to be cleaned and stripped to prep for 4 link brackets. He bought the 4 wheel disc conversion kit from cpp with mast cyl and booster as well

Thats it so far. We will jump back on it this weekend
greengrenade is offline   Reply With Quote