The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
atp

Custom Interior Pieces (Dash and Panels) - Gauging Interest

I have been working on my Blazer for over 3 years and it is time to do the interior. (Build thread in my signature) I have searched and searched for nice aftermarket interior pieces (door panels, consoles, kick panels, rear panels, etc) with little luck. You can find them for many classic cars but not our trucks. So - I have decided to have some pieces custom made and then reproduce them to sale and will be using my Blazer as a test truck. I have enlisted the help of a custom interior builder who specializes in fiberglass and custom panels. He does amazing work. He is a friend and is willing to spend the extra time to make something reproducible to help me out. The goal is to produce some modern looking door panels, a fiberglass piece that will cover the dash that can be wrapped in vinyl with options for AC controls, vents, CD player, speakers, TV's, gauges, etc, kick panels and a center console. We will make forms from my blazer pieces that will allow us to reproduce them and then I will sale a few sets at a fair price. I am trying to offset some of the expense of the work and meet a need at the same time. As you will see from my Blazer, I have pretty high expectations and really think these will be great pieces!!

I know this thread is currently worthless without pics, but trust me they're coming! I wanted to put out a feeler and get a little buzz going. I have given this a lot thought over the past year and it is time to pull the trigger. I will post pics of our progress here as well as my build thread.
atp is offline   Reply With Quote