The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
yfz450_0569

"my '68 chevy project - show n go".

Some people wanted me to post up a build thread so I thought I'd do it. I bought this truck one month ago and had it sitting for a few weeks, waiting for my dad's new shop and workbenches to get finished and to get some new tools and stuff.

I go to a private school and was taking an auto fundamentals course and did it half ways and this stuff was so confusing and me, my parents, and my teacher thought that I would learn more if I did an actual project so I thought I'd go with a truck that I had wanted for a long time and my teacher already got a guy to help me build the engine. My dad's only paying for all the stuff now, but I will have to pay for some of it once I'm out of school. I might be expecting too much for this being my first project and me being 14 almost 15 years old, but I'm determined to make this work. Any help is greatly appreciated! Don't hesitate to tell me what I'm doing wrong!

I'm going with a frame-off restoration, either c-notching and powdercoating this frame or building my own frame. Going with 22s in the back and 20s in the front which won't be possible to drop it to the ground unless i build my own frame and since i already have the wheels I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do. The truck came with a disassembled 350 so I get to assemble it with another guy's help and hopefully put out 550 hp on a 383 and pump gas. I want to keep the interior pretty basic but with air conditioning, heating, and a stereo and maybe 2 10s behind the seat if that would fit. the exterior will probably be an arrival blue like the newer silverado ss's, the jetstream blue on the new corvettes, or just a flat black.

Please don't call me stupid for trying all this for my first project and being so young, I'm rather gonna try and fail than to not try and never know and I don't want to fail so I'll really try hard lol . I really enjoy working on vehicles, just recently put an exhaust and cold air intake on my dad's '07 6.7 cummins and I have also learned a lot on my fourwheeler so I have some experience.

Anyways, here are some pictures of what it first looked like:

What it looks like now:

My Wheels, the 20s for the front:

I did all this last week and this weekend I dislocated my shoulder so not much progress for a week or two.

Last edited by 70cst; 10-22-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: fix the pictures
yfz450_0569 is offline   Reply With Quote