The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
notrailerqueens

Jessica, my 86 lwb

hey guys im new to the board but i figured id post up my project.
im in the process of finishing the build of my 86' chevy lwb. my project started when i bought a 78 lwb "heavy half" off my best friend for $50. however she was just in too bad of shape to save. the cab was toast entirely too much to fix if i had gone to replacing panels i would have ended up replacing most of the cab, she had a blown 350, and the frame was very compromised due to living most of her life next to the ocean and not being maintained. but i found my 86' cheap on craigs few miles from the house and the project was on. it all started as a simple drivetrain drop, just get her on the road and driving and then progressively do the rest. and it quickly progressed to 2 yrs later (partly cuz of working 7 days a wk and little money) into the full blow over the top project she is now.
the motor is a 383 out of my buddys street stock slightly modified lol
i wont tell all but im sure yall can pick out a couple things from the pics. shes got a 750cfm double pumper on top, cold air intake (couldn't help myself) and some def other performance mods. mated her with the turbo 350 out of the 78' (yes def parts of her are still living on i couldn't bear to let all of her die) with the stock 308 gears (did find out on her first run that she is a posi cuz it was smoking both lol) she is destine for bigger and better gears though most likely 373's. but with money short shes gonna roll like she is for a bit. im sure yall can understand.
next up she getting some wiring work, she was a burn truck so there is plenty to be done, that and the further i have dug the more wire nuts and twisted and taped connections i have found but what can i say not everybody does everything right. im still pretty new to the whole wiring concept so yall will prob see some questions out of me on that one. also a new tranny cross member is in the works due to a clearance issue with my headers. re-jet of the carb is coming soon also cuz she is fat as hell right now.
the direction of this build is constantly changing cuz (here ill say it for yall) im a woman and i cant ever make up my mind lol. a 2x4 drop is somewhere in her future i believe, still aint made up my mind, lots and lots and lots of body work to be done (again new to this too so yall will see questions there too) but all and all shes comin along. took her for her first drive two weeks ago and it was (as always when you drive something you built) the greatest feeling in the world.
hope yall like the build. i will update as i get more done. sorry im bringin yall in so late in the build but like i said im new to the board.

heres a few pics of when i first brought her home. ill try and find all the pic i have that follow the progression of the build up to this point.
Attached Images

85' chevy long box, built by a girl!

My Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=429956
notrailerqueens is offline   Reply With Quote