The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
04ls1gto

Re: Vintage Air Top Mount Squeal

I used the Holley mount and it worked perfect. I would highly recommend using one of there brackets
04ls1gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
nsb29

Well hopefully I have it figured out the belt Kwik chart with different belts for different model motors was wrong after calling and talking to them several times they recommended gate K060966 and of course it squealed I finally got around to replacing it with the next size smaller which is K060960 A half inch smaller belt and it seems to have stopped the squeal my motor is out of the 2009 Pontiac G8 With the low mount alternator if this helps anyone one I did notice is with the the first built the tensioner was almost completely relaxed were with the last belt it barely went on a 1/2” in the right place makes a big difference but with that said I was surprised the tensioner returned as much as it did when released I wonder if there positioning of the tensioner is correct ??
Old 09-21-2021, 08:58 PM   #3
TA_C10

I wanted to give an update on my setup. I jumped in on this thread way back in 2019. I also daily drive my truck so it see's a lot of miles.

I am using the original KWIK camaro bracket setup and I was fortunate to never get the squeal like others, until a month or two ago, it started squealing. It looked out of alignment to me(you could really see the belt not in the middle of the water pump pulley) so I simply threw some washers between the heads and bracket and so far, 2 months later ish, no squeals. Callling it fixed.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #4
racecougar

I totally forgot to post an update. After a whole lot of headache, I was able to determine, via laser, that the cheapo tensioner arm provided with the Kwik setup was the culprit. It physically wasn't square (the base of the tensioner arm and the face of the pulley were not parallel). I provided this info to Wayne at Kwik, who dismissed it. In the end, after wasting ~$500 and waaaay too much of my time, I ditched the Kwik setup and installed the Holley mount.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
racecougar

Further update, as this is making the rounds on FB again lately: the Holley mount has been great. I've had it on for ~6 months and ~1k miles. No squeals, squeaks, or other issues to report. The Kwik Performance setup sucked.