The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2022, 11:41 PM   #76
Getter-Done

Re: 67ChevyRedneck passed away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Jesse was a good friend. We attended the service for him and as Matt said we have offered our help to Jena with anything she or his son may need in the future.
Our club had our picnic last week and I was honored to drive Jesse truck to the show so we could all pay our respects to him.

Rust to shine they all look fine. Jesse came up with our club's logo and we will never forget him.
This is why I LOVE this forum so much.
I felt like He was my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Can not like, love or respect this enough. Andy, I know ya'll were tight, and the roots of the club. Keep those memories of road trips, shows and fun front and center. You know to let us know if she needs help.
I am with you on that.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:18 AM   #77
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Jesse was a good friend. We attended the service for him and as Matt said we have offered our help to Jena with anything she or his son may need in the future.
Our club had our picnic last week and I was honored to drive Jesse truck to the show so we could all pay our respects to him.

Rust to shine they all look fine. Jesse came up with our club's logo and we will never forget him.
Sorting through my grief over Jesse's passing I thought of you being a good friend to him. I hoped we'd hear from you here. You knew him before there was a club. You guys uncovered that small window '68 mystery truck together. I'm glad to see you came back to post here for this. You are missed. Don't be a stranger

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:28 AM   #78
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I'm not sure how I missed this for a month. What a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go to his wife, son, and family. Cancer definitely sucks. I will miss Jesse's posts and adventures. RIP Jesse.

It would be so cool if we could put something together for his son when he gets older to go with his Dad's truck to remember him by. I was really glad to see in his obituary it said his truck is going to his son.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:47 AM   #79
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post
I've been in contact with Jena, Jesse's wife, and she knew he was an active member here. She said when she's ready she'll spend some time reading through his posts but for now, she's not quite ready to take that step. We discussed the fact that Jesse's posts will be a great place for James to get to know his father when he gets older, and I think that was comforting for her.

The truck club that he helped me and a few others start up has also offered to help her with anything they need assistance with. She plans to keep the C10 and Jeep, but she's planning on selling a lot of his other projects and parts. They were working with a family member who wanted to buy the Mustang, but she's asked me and Paul (bluex) to help sell the Firebird, his Silverado, and some of his C10 parts. We'll be doing that in the upcoming weeks and we'll try to post info about that here when the time comes.

Thanks again for all who shared their memories, thoughts and prayers.
Hey Matt, thanks for the information. I'm glad that she has you guys to support her, especially with the various vehicles and projects. The last thing she needs is something that Jesse enjoyed so much to become a burden in this time. I totally get that she wouldn't jump on here right away to read his posts, I slow down and blink a few times myself when I run across something he said in one of the threads. But I'm glad it'll be here for her and their son.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #80
LT7A

Quote:

Hey Andy, glad to hear that you are such a part of all that. And happy that you guys as a club are so willing to step up and help his wife and son. It's also good to see you post on here again.

Last edited by LT7A; 05-14-2022 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:51 AM   #81
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Unless she has access to his account, I believe the legalities are iffy on that. Other places you have to grant permission for folks to be your legacy.
Yeah, I see what you're saying - I don't know how that works. Seems like most things are considered community property, but I don't know if that applies to memberships, etc. Regardless, she doesn't need his account to see his posts, she can join on her own and search for what he has written. Never even considered that this site could be a resource in that way, but what a blessing in the long haul for her and their son. Glad you guys created something that could serve such a purpose.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:27 AM   #82
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Good to see you here Andy, it’s been a while. Come around more often! I’m happy to see that you and Matt are keeping an eye on things over there. I’m sorry you both lost such a great friend. I’m sure it all hits yall way harder than most of us who only knew him thru the board and not in person. I’ve thought about his wife and son several times over the last month or so hoping and praying they are managing to get by somehow.
‘69 K10 SWB: 4” lift 33”s… in a million pieces http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 35x12.5x20’s
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote