The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
72TealnWhite

Frustrated ...

Hey all, So i got my truck back a few days ago and have been driving like crazy.. i love it. I am truly at peace behind the wheel of a muscle car . So this is what they did at the shop for me .. Refurbished heads. GM (he called them 480 heads) i was unable to locate those but he said they were a good flowing head. Valves...and Rockers... Some gaskets here n there... drive shaft bearing replaced.. Power steering fixed up...

1st thing i noticed was a shrilling screeching noise when the wheel was turned all the way to R or L .. wheel would shake also but only did it sometimes?

So im driving last night before i went to bed ... I was low on gas so i was going to stop .. looked to be a notch before the last notch on the fuel gauge .. i thought it could be faulty... then i was pulling away from a light and she started coughing on acceleration... coughed some more so i took it easy and pulled over : thinking i was out of gas .. or close.. I started it back up and proceed to drive... listening to it ..

Wasn't coughing anymore .. but i couldn't go anywhere... The best way to describe it is being stuck in 1st or 2nd gear.. i give it gas and it won't get up and go.. so i made it to the gas station and filled it with gas .. then it wouldn't start ..

I went and started it this morning and drove it home (about a 1/2 mile). doing the same thing... going uphill and it just wont go . . so i park it and let it sit.. start it back up.. and i can rev the engine w/o it coughing or anything (i just had it worked on) so i hope its not engine related .. but it sounds good in park and neutral.. but when i put it in gear it just revs high and goes slowly .. I checked the obvious ( park brake was not on) but that almost describes what it feels like.. i'm driving with the park brake on ..

Im starting to get frustrated.. Had the truck for two months ... and got to drive it in working shape for two days.....:smoke

Thanks
nate
72TealnWhite is offline   Reply With Quote