The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2004, 10:25 PM   #76
Wootdog

Far be it from me to ever degrade anyone. Josh I have received alot of good info here and I have met alot of good people that I now call friends. thankyou and keep up a good site. Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18 PM   #77
Pilgrim

Josh,

Congratulations on running a superb site. This site provides good information to people that are new to trucks and those who have been using these trucks since they were new.

Best way to deal with this type of person is to put some Jack in the glass, some Charlie on the stereo, and mash the delete button with the empty bottle.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #78
Pickemuptruck71
Coast 2 Coast in 61 mins.

Josh, No worries mate, you've got a great site with great people. Josh, a little something to say when you start thinking about individuals who trash you or your website...............I've been called Worse, by BETTER.
Pickemuptruck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:12 PM   #79
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

I too support Josh, the mods and this board. There is a wealth of info here. Keep up the great work
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:18 PM   #80
Dual quad
Smell that burnin' rubber

All I can say is that I am constantly amazed at the knowledge and camaraderie that this board offers. Hold your head up high Josh, you efforts are highly appreciated.
Dual quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 PM   #81
mr402

I've got to say that I have learned a lot from this board and thoroughly enjoy reading the posts. Josh, the service you provide by running this operation is immeasurable. The advice I’ve received has always been good and I try to give back what little I can. Having said that well, I have a son Phillip and yes, we have the same last name as that other Phil. I hate to see my boy associated by such even though the only thing they share is a first and last name. Let’s hope they never meet. My kid would rip him apart for smearing his good name.
mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #82
racedvl
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
No...Lioncoln Illinois.

Man I feel old when so many people don't know of randy. But I guess it has been a long time. . . .
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:08 AM   #83
cheyenne10

face to face

I have met Phil a couple of times. He is just like many truck guys who spent a lot of years with these trucks and likes to tinker. I had some trouble with him trying to write emails back and forth but I probably need some edicate lessons myself. Emotions, character, values, etc are all real hard to convey in writing. I don't condone bashing anyone or demoralizing them. As I teach my kids, often this starts as a two way street. In the cases I've dealt with Phil he was very fair and didn't beat around the bush.

Sometimes I need to realize that we all can't see things the same way but we all have opinions. The common connection here is trucks. As I understand it this board is Joshs and many of us have contributed money to keep up on some of the maintenance. Rules are rules and I will not step in on others dealings. I wasn't there and don't have all the facts nor do I want them.

I was taught by my father who I realize more every day is wiser with age that the more friends I have the better off I will be. I try to make as many truck friends through the years as I can with most all aquaintances seeming like we are closer than we really are. Face to face meetings are almost always better than with the emails some started with.

Phil is having some health problems and I think these trucks and boards were giving him some mental therapy. I wish him well and would feel comfortable meeting him again. Not to beat this one anymore but I thought since I had met him a couple of times I had a more unique opinion of him. I know he has dealt face to face with others on the boards and I believe they might have seen the good ole boy Phil too.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #84
greasemonkey

Did Wes get banned too?
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:31 PM   #85
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr402
Let’s hope they never meet. My kid would rip him apart for smearing his good name.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #86
70c10
67-72 Addict!

HTML Code:
Did Wes get banned too?
I hope not!. WES is a great vendor that has been here along time helping members out.

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:33 PM   #87
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

i have seen him post a few times, seems like he has slowed down some. lets just hope that it is cause he is busy on the garden truck

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #88
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I wasn't around here to know about Fast68, but sure remember Nucleus. I used to have fun trying to play mind games with him. I'd make up some BS about secret government plots, and he'd believe it I'm kinda glad he's gone. I never dealt with Phillip, but I thought his posts were stand-offish and arrogant. Then he started trashing Josh, and it made me wish he was closer so I could bash his face in.

My budget was tighter than Dick's hatband this summer, but I made sure to make it to the board meet, because I wanted to meet someone I really look up to as a great man... Josh. Thank you for the great truck board. You rock, and your as cool in person as you are on this board. Phillip may run to every public library in the NW to try to aggitate you, but that makes him less of a person every time he sends communication.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #89
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Well I know I am gonna get bashed for this one but what the hell phil alway's has treated me with with respect and helped me with part's and info he is a good person he is just going through some very serious health problem's these past few year's(as we all may when we get older) I am not sayin what he did was right but I do think that this is between josh and him not everyother board member.. If everyone is glad to see phil gone then just drop the subject and move on if you revolve your life around phil you need help. Let's talk truck's on this board not phil I know I have a few chevy's in the drive way not phil's let's get back to what this board is all about chevy and gmc truck's..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #90
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 06:02 PM   #91
68speedalert
Semi-Senior Member

Josh,

Just gonna pile on the love fest goin' on.

Only been a member for a year and a half but I doubt my son's (72afr; also a member) truck would be done or even turn out like it did without your board. We both use it alot. I'm a professional tech and am suprised at how good a lot of the members are on helping others.

I can't remember personally being flamed by the guy, put I'll take your's and the other's word for it.

Remember....Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience!
'95 GMC K1500 Extended cab
68speedalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #92
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I've met a ton of people here, a board member (JIMS70GMC) was even here a couple hours ago to see how I'm doing. You can't put a price on good people and good info.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #93
71Chevy4-speed
Speed Limit = Floorboard

tell him to take it and stick it.... but thats just me.
71Chevy4-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #94
jose

Heres my 2 cents worth might get slammed , bashed or booted . I agree that the focus of this post and others has drifted off onto the character of others . I think Wes has been drug into something that he did not have any part of . I also think some words were taking out of context from some threads on his site . Wes is a stand up guy and vendor that has helped many on this site and with his parts supplying . I have met Wes and he has nothing but great intentions and has gone way out of his way for me delivering a part and I'm sure has done the same for others . I would hope that the board management steps back and looks at this post and others and remembers their own set of rules . This is not my beef but a few innocent acquaintances of Phil Johnsons are getting labeled wrongly . Phil has been banned by Josh on this board and that is their issue . If Phil can get along with others on other sites or in person then that is better for everyone . I too have met Phil and see him as an OK guy . I still consider phil as a friend . I don't think Phil or anyone else has earned a noosing .

I am a well seasoned 53 year old male I personaly do not get offended when called a kiddy , in fact i take it as a compliment . Oh i wish i was a kid again ! Many newer members to this board may not understand what has transpired on the board over the years or can appriciate the reputation of many members on the board . This board has been and still is a great place to share our common interest in these trucks and we all need to remember to keep our part in following common sense and courtesy . Jose

jose6772@yahoo.com
jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #95
krue
Designated A-hole!

I hear everyone who "knows" PJ personally take up for him, but for the rest of us, all we see is how he "acted" on this board. As for taking quotes out of context, I was reading a thread on WES' garden truck when PJ piped up with the BS about Josh and the board. It had nothing to do with the rest of the thread and no one said anything to him about it. So be it. I am not judging anyone by anything except their actions.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:11 PM   #96
jostrans68
Jostrans68

I agree with Jose I have been dealing with Wes for a few years now he is a great guy. He has a board of his own and a growing buisiness and if PJ has done nothing to Wes why should Wes cut off one of his customers? I dont see that is a Issue. Wes has the choice to deal with who ever he wants and if a person causes problems for him I am sure you would see the same reaction. Josh you have a hell of a board and following here and I enjoy and use the info here like many others. I deal with Wes not Just because hes close but because he has a passion for these trucks not just a money making venture for him. Lets see you BS and get Great input from some of the big parts Guys out there, not going to happen. I felt bad as I mentioned in a earlier post to this(deleted) that PJ was now over there spouting off. My last point is those opinions are PJ'S Not WES'S so Wes should not be given a bad time over this. We all are intitled to our opinion. So Josh keep up the great Job and Wes see you soon as I still need a few thing to finish the truck and some good old BS. Plus my new boss has a 69 that I just pulled the motor and I gave him your infor for parts. MY .02 opinion lets get back to whats important OUR TRUCKS JACK
Old 11-14-2004, 02:13 AM   #97
SCOTI

I don't get where WES is being bashed? I think 1 person made a comment in haste, everyone else has had nothing but good things to say about WES. WES does business w/who he wants, just as any other business owner (big or small) should.

I agree w/Krue, I don't know PJ personally but some of his posts did bother me. If this place is so bad, why does PJ insist on coming back under different pseudonyms?

IMO . . .... on this board, Josh... 1; WES.... 1; PJ..... 0.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:40 AM   #98
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Wes was never bashed, His links were removed off this site because he A hasnt paid any advertising in a year, and B was letting phil bash this site and its members on his site without saying a word. Even letting him brag about having dummy accounts over here. Then acted like he shouldnt have to pay advertiser fees because he linked my site on his board . You guys obviously do not know phil for whom he really is, anyone can put on an act, but his actions speak louder than his words. He publicly went off calling everyone on the board idiots basically, and has done so to me in the numerous emails I have ignored, as well as every other website he is a member of.... This week when MOT changed ownership, Phil started trying to start things on MOT with a dummy account, after being banned from there for pulling the same things he did here......
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:05 AM   #99
jostrans68
Jostrans68

Josh I didnt know about his links what I was refering to as bashing didnt come from you but this post

And my respect for one of the parts guys just went down the toilet. This is from his board.
Quote:
I am happy to see you posting again Phil and look forward to future posts that's for sure. I am sorry to here your health hasn't been so good, however am glad that you are feeling better now. I hope you do make the trip up here too, when you come up to Portland. It's only another hour and a half.. If for no other reason, than to shoot the breeze... Anyway glad to see you back. WES
Josh you have a great board and soon as the holidays are over expect another donation thanks for a Great board
Old 11-14-2004, 03:25 AM   #100
Mudder

Well Josh should not have to be dealing with crap like this........................
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote