The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #76
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Re: Lowered Trucks and the Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
ESLL i hope im half as cool as you are when im your age oh btw that is one bad a$$ pool table, my dad use to have a brunswick<spell it was a 5x9 with leather pockets and gold inlays .was nice he baught it at for 100 bucks from bank one .......i love me some pool my favorite game

Thanks for the kind words. As far as being as at 55 you already are now just don't let things in life make you change. If someone cannot accept you because of your appearence or your ride they have the problem and perhaps they should do some chang'n.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 09-05-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #77
Big White GMC

Looks Like You Fellows Need To Move To Georgia. My '72 Is Missing The Side Mirrors, Glass Packs Cut Off At The Axel, And A Cracked Front Windshield And Have Yet To Be Bothered By The Fuzz. Hell, I Even Had A County Check The Truck Out And Wanted To Buy It. What Is The Deal With Low Riders. If They Were Unsafe I'd See Their Point, But They Have No Reason For Stopping You. They Need To Focus On Those Gooners On Crotch Rockets And Bumblebee Imports Racing Stoplight To Stoplight.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:53 PM   #78
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big White GMC View Post
Looks Like You Fellows Need To Move To Georgia. My '72 Is Missing The Side Mirrors, Glass Packs Cut Off At The Axel, And A Cracked Front Windshield And Have Yet To Be Bothered By The Fuzz. Hell, I Even Had A County Check The Truck Out And Wanted To Buy It. What Is The Deal With Low Riders. If They Were Unsafe I'd See Their Point, But They Have No Reason For Stopping You. They Need To Focus On Those Gooners On Crotch Rockets And Bumblebee Imports Racing Stoplight To Stoplight.

X2.

esll.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #79
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

Forgive me for being 18 and stupid, but we have a common phrase in my little cruise group:

F*** the police!

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #80
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneBlue67 View Post
Forgive me for being 18 and stupid, but we have a common phrase in my little cruise group:

F*** the police!
I bet a hundred you don't say it loud enough for them to hear you ...

Last edited by Shane; 09-06-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #81
ThatOneBlue67

No one said anything about saying it to them. Hopefully they're smart enough to know people are all ready thinking it. On occaison you get one that wants to "chat it up" with ya on the project, but in the end they do whatever they can to keep young adults off of the road. I can't say I blame them, there are some crappy drivers out there. But the stereotyping thing is absolutely uncalled for.

Many come back to me saying: "Well, one day a police officer may be there to help you." Believe me, they weren't there. If my buddy was still alive he'd tell you that.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10

Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #82
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Guess I'll chime in..... There will always be pros and cons...

Have we beat this one to death????
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #83
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:

F*** the police!

This is the same attitude that bought me trouble when I was your age. For your own good grow up.

esll.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #84
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE View Post
For your own good grow up.

esll.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
Old 09-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #85
IAFF2407

being in my late forties, had fun in my younger life, made it through those years in one piece. I say to my kids (23 - 22 -19) coming into adult hood safely was 70% luck, 20% the fear of my dad beating the s**t out of me when I got home, 5% respect for the police and finally 5% brains. I've been a professional firefighter for 27 years and have worked beside the police. they have a negative job and they get called when there is something wrong, rarely any thank yous. one thing I have seen over and over again is the lack of respect towards the police and elders, mainly from teenagers and now those teenagers who have become adults. when I was younger and was out late with "the boys" pulling our pranks and the police showed up we ran. we did not stand there and become confrontational.
It's about choices, if you chose to have an appearance that attracts certain attitudes from people that is your choice, just don't try to bring down those (recording or video) who have chose other ways. yes there is profiling out there, tough, it is needed to protect the many (but there is no room for any racial hate) My best friend lives in the US, His parents ran from Uganda whem Amin was in power, they have a business that supports everybody in their community, over and over again. He is Muslim and after 911 the community "profiled" his family, was he bitter, no. there was a real threat out there, you protect the many and some will have to go through hardships. Not right, but needed. at a smaller scale, I have coached kids for over 20 years in various sports. I cannot drive a child home by myself because out the threat of pedofiles. we have lost a lot of freedom because of the world we now live in.
so if you are bummed about the treatment you are receiving,...tough. it's your choice. get involved in your community, become a leader amongst your peers, work with the police, not against them. When they see you "walk the walk" instead of just talk, whether you are young, old, black,white, spanish or of any other heritage you will have earned your respect.
this is just my opinion.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #86
1sik7t2
dave

Dont Sell It But If You Do Call Me....lol Keep Rollin Low Keep Cruzin Low You Know You Love The Attention!!!! Dicks Will Be Dicks No Matter What....
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #87
ThatOneBlue67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFF2407 View Post
being in my late forties, had fun in my younger life, made it through those years in one piece. I say to my kids (23 - 22 -19) coming into adult hood safely was 70% luck, 20% the fear of my dad beating the s**t out of me when I got home, 5% respect for the police and finally 5% brains. I've been a professional firefighter for 27 years and have worked beside the police. they have a negative job and they get called when there is something wrong, rarely any thank yous. one thing I have seen over and over again is the lack of respect towards the police and elders, mainly from teenagers and now those teenagers who have become adults. when I was younger and was out late with "the boys" pulling our pranks and the police showed up we ran. we did not stand there and become confrontational.
It's about choices, if you chose to have an appearance that attracts certain attitudes from people that is your choice, just don't try to bring down those (recording or video) who have chose other ways. yes there is profiling out there, tough, it is needed to protect the many (but there is no room for any racial hate) My best friend lives in the US, His parents ran from Uganda whem Amin was in power, they have a business that supports everybody in their community, over and over again. He is Muslim and after 911 the community "profiled" his family, was he bitter, no. there was a real threat out there, you protect the many and some will have to go through hardships. Not right, but needed. at a smaller scale, I have coached kids for over 20 years in various sports. I cannot drive a child home by myself because out the threat of pedofiles. we have lost a lot of freedom because of the world we now live in.
so if you are bummed about the treatment you are receiving,...tough. it's your choice. get involved in your community, become a leader amongst your peers, work with the police, not against them. When they see you "walk the walk" instead of just talk, whether you are young, old, black,white, spanish or of any other heritage you will have earned your respect.
this is just my opinion.
Look, I wasn't looking for a fight. I was expaining MY views on the police force. You guys can pull this whole "wise grandpa thing" all you want, but in the end I still stand by what I said (or typed in this case).

I come to this site for advice and motivation. I respect what everyone has to say when it comes to the automobile.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10

Last edited by ThatOneBlue67; 09-06-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #88
klownkar

hey just for the record I got to reading this and thought what a bunch of crap but I was researching and found this:

28-2354. License plates; attachment

(L06, Ch. 377, sec. 1. Eff. 1/1/09)

A. A person shall display the license plate or plates as follows:

1. For a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer, on the rear.

2. For a vehicle for which two license plates are issued, the vehicle owner shall display either of the following:

(a) One plate on the rear.

(b) One plate on the front and one plate on the rear.

B. A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible and so that the name of this state at the top of the license plate is not obscured. A person shall securely fasten each license plate to the vehicle as follows:

1. To prevent the plate from swinging.

2. At a height of at least twelve inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate.

3. In a position to be clearly visible.
that came of the state website.

hope it helps. and the cops an a$$
Old 09-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #89
Shane
Account Suspended

don't worry ... you'll grow up someday
Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #90
ThatOneBlue67

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownkar View Post
hey just for the record I got to reading this and thought what a bunch of crap but I was researching and found this:

28-2354. License plates; attachment

(L06, Ch. 377, sec. 1. Eff. 1/1/09)

A. A person shall display the license plate or plates as follows:

1. For a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer, on the rear.

2. For a vehicle for which two license plates are issued, the vehicle owner shall display either of the following:

(a) One plate on the rear.

(b) One plate on the front and one plate on the rear.

B. A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible and so that the name of this state at the top of the license plate is not obscured. A person shall securely fasten each license plate to the vehicle as follows:

1. To prevent the plate from swinging.

2. At a height of at least twelve inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate.

3. In a position to be clearly visible.
that came of the state website.

hope it helps. and the cops an a$$
So who in the Hell makes rediculous laws like this? Laws are produced BY the American people, not FOR the American people.

So either someone isn't following this rule, or we've got these idiots drivng around getting pissy because the car in front of them looks too low. Its crap like this that wastes the taxpayer's dollar and I for one will take no part in it.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10

Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #91
racerman85

The only time(s) I get pulled over is for driving my dads truck... Usually its stupid stuff, and i've been asked 3 times now if I am even old enough to be driving (im a senior in HS). I've been pulled over once because I was "swerving" (I was towing a 78' camaro over a bridge and it was fairly windy out. I was doing under the speed limit and stayed in my lane. Who knows?

The only time I get pulled over in my beater truck (95 ranger) is when I have a motorcycle in the back. I've heard it all-tags, stereo loudness, illegal exhaust, and just yesterday I was pulled over because he thought I was over the weight limit of my truck (hauling ONE bike). I just pretty much laughed, not on purpose, but because he was squirming when I told him the bike weighs less than 220 pounds
Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 AM   #92
edmonton72
Nothings as cool as my 72

The worst thing I was ever pulled over for was that the cops thought me and my friends were drug dealers. Back in high school(only a few months ago) i did somethings im not too proud of and hung around the wrong crowd. One day during lunch he went over to my buddies house and when we left to go back to school there was 3 cop cars and 2 black suburbans coming towards and as soon as they pass us they turn around and pull us over. Cops came out of there cars wearing body armor and weilding shotguns, they pulled us out of the car, cuffed us and threw us on the ground. They thought we were meth dealers and we were cooking meth in my buddies house. They asked us a bunch of questions and took my buddy back to his house and found nothing, so they let us go. People said we should've sued but I thought there was no point.
I'll probably be gettin pulled over lots in my truck with my flowmasters but my daily driver I have no problem with seeing its a 2004 Buick Century grampamobile I bought from my dad. Perfect wheels for a 18 year old, almost 30mpg in town and still enough power to beat ricers.
Rolling chassis finally done and cab mounted. Now onto sanding, bondo and more sanding.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #93
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

ThatOneBlue67 - I forgot to say "thank you!"

Thank you for opening my eyes to what respectful children I have. I knew they were good kids, but you just confirmed it for me. I wish you all the best of luck when you reach adulthood.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #94
'68 longbed

most traffic laws are made strictly for the revenue, they figure if you have money to spend on modifying a vehicle from stock spec's then you have money to pay tickets for modifying a vehicle from stock specs.

it's all a raquet. most cities and states would go broke if they didn't bend people over , and take their money for stupid reasons.

my favorite is the "roadside safetly checks" or as I like to call them "roadside piracy convenience points"
Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #95
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Quote:
Look, I wasn't looking for a fight. I was expaining MY views on the police force. You guys can pull this whole "wise grandpa thing" all you want, but in the end I still stand by what I said (or typed in this case).

I come to this site for advice and motivation. I respect what everyone has to say when it comes to the automobile.

Nothing 2 years less a day won't cure .... time to dummy up!

esll.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #96
C10 Club Tennessee

I guess every opinion under the sun has been offered and I'm sure I'll be adding the the pain. As a former police officer I won't argue with profiling, but I'm not sure if it's profiling a doper or a pos if when I stop them and find in the car what I thought they were in the first place. It's a fact of life and our society today. We've all been to the law and seen the kid with his pants around his ass and talking like an idiot and wanted to punch him in the mouth. Not all of them are bad, but I think we'd all agree that the majority are more of an embarassment to themselves more than anything. In your case I feel you probably are being wrongfully looked upon, assuming we are getting the entire story. No offense but solego is right people always seem to forget the actual facts of the reason they got stopped. I would stop people for the smallest and probably the most asanine thing in the world, but if it's a Tenn law then I used it. Mostly because I'm looking for dope or drunks. Never got into the ticket thing. I would do what a lot of guys said. Research the laws in your community and find out what you are allowed to do and what you are not allowed to do. I wouldn't recommend arguing on the stop after you find this stuff out. After you are stopped for something that you find out is not an actual law then that is the time to go to the police dept to file a complaint. I would recommend being as cordial about it as possible. It's not right but you could have some retaliation for the smaller laws and get tickets for them. Just my thoughts I could go on forever on this stuff.

I always like to say Police Officers are human and they make mistakes. Alot of times their logic gets out of hand and they don't realize it. Not all are bad, we all had that teacher in school we couldn't stand and we all had the teacher that was cool as hell. The problem is that the teacher didn't effect your bank account and couldn't take you to jail

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4

Last edited by 5150; 09-07-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #97
b&a72

I live in AZ and have been pulled over by the police for "lowriding" and when the cop stands there and gives you a bunch of bs about why they pulled you over don't argue or disagree just say ok. It is not a moving violation and is around a $40 ticket I belive and will not go on your insurance anyways it will take him more time to write out the ticket then it's worth and will let you go. This is my experience as well as driving with no mud flaps and most of the time it is late at night so they can use that as a reason to see if you have been drinking. I know this because 2 of my really good friends are police officers for 2 different departments.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #98
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by b&a72 View Post
... as well as driving with no mud flaps
whaaaaaaaa ????
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #99
nyncompute

Quote:
Look, I wasn't looking for a fight. I was expaining MY views on the police force. You guys can pull this whole "wise grandpa thing" all you want, but in the end I still stand by what I said (or typed in this case).]

I suggest if you come to this site "for advice and motivation". but you " respect what everyone has to say "when it comes to the automobile." you restrict your comments to those that pertain to the automobile (or truck). Surely you're not too young to realize the inflammatory nature of your words indeed do look like your picking a fight. I may be a little presumptuous here but I would bet the majority of the good people on this board were somewhat offended by your comments. Cops are a pain indeed. until you need one. I see it every day. Grow up junior or keep it to yourself.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #100
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

I don't care about the rest of the brouhaha going on in this thread...
I just wanted to come in and say to bodydropped69 -
You could try wearing a suit jacket and tie up top, with your hair fixed up nice - you know, throw 'em off a little. Make them think you're in a different demographic.

Of course, all your buds are going to freak when you pull up looking like James Bond, but hey, that's why you keep the wife beater & beanie laying in the seat.

Just kiddin' man.

DLB
Closed Thread