The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
JayDubBlazer
go cyclones

Project Build Log: Ol Green

Well I probaly should have done this from the start. I am just going to hyperlink the first weekend of work from on here a start anew with with this build thread.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=279108

Today we finished up tearing down the truck. The last two days was a little frustrating because all of the large items (motors, doors, tranx, and such) had been removed and it was taking a long time to remove the rest. I am going to have to replace some of the break lines becasue there were very hard to get at with the tube still on. The emergency brack will have to be replaced because it wasn't cooperating. It was nice to see it leave on the trailor but today I realized how much stuff I am going to have to buy to get this thing back togather. Brake lines, wiring harness, 700r4, water pump, door seals, tons of misc bolts and trim pieces. With my rant done I plan on getting some vendor information over the next couple of days. I need to have the gas tank coated, the drive shaft revalanced and painted. I need to find a 700r4, get the transfer case and engine cleaned and painted. The body guy said I should be able to have the frame back to me in a couple of weeks to mount all of the drive train and tubing. I now see why everyone mount the tubing before the cab goes on. Well here are a couple of picks from today.

The last pic is the aftermath of disassemble.
Attached Images

PROJECT OLE GREEN

1972 Blazer 4X4 350/700R4
2017 Silverado LT
JayDubBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote