The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #76
mas09ts

Re: Intresting things you have found in your trucks

I found a can of fix-a-flat in one of the front fenders. I also found alot of hickory nuts in the heater box under the dash.
Current Project 68 Gmc "Second Chance"
Go to my 68 GMC Shorty Rebuild Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...39#post6341739
mas09ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #77
j_cst_10

Man this thread is hilarious. I found about 30 lbs of acorns and mice poo underneath my seat. That explains the stench.
j_cst_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #78
crakarjax

Found some poor guy's pr0n stash under the seat.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #79
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pont406 View Post
I found an old german knife in the trunk of my tempest. It was inside 1/4 panel. It has cool german proofing marks but it's real dull. I'll sharpen it one day.
Looks more like a bayonet- if you sharpen it- it may lessen any value that it may have- take it to a gun or knife shop first to check out it's possible value.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #80
292farmer

i didn't find any thing in the truck, but i did find that someone else was pissed at the trucks wiring too and shot the truck with either a .22 a couple times or a load of buck shot, u can see in in the door front fender and theirs some by rear of bed, not sure u can see those in pics though. firdt day i drive to work my boss says why the hell u show up to work today? i freaked out and was like what?!(thought i got fired) he says since u robbed a bank u dont need a job pointing at my (get away trademarks) bullet holes. lol i was freaked for about 2 seconds but love the joke now.
Attached Images

Last edited by 292farmer; 02-06-2010 at 10:27 AM.
292farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #81
kcfirstbuild

I just got my 1968 in October and cleaned out the glove box and found the usual stuff like the owners manual and the warranty papers along with a brochure about A.I.R (air injected reactor) I might be wrong on the meaning. These were all still in the plastic envelope. Then I found three bottle openers and 30 years of Insurance tabs all belong to the same guy. I do have a pretty cool old compass im going to keep in it.

Side note - Does any one else have that A.I.R ?????
kcfirstbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #82
culp7
HickTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfirstbuild View Post
I just got my 1968 in October and cleaned out the glove box and found the usual stuff like the owners manual and the warranty papers along with a brochure about A.I.R (air injected reactor) I might be wrong on the meaning. These were all still in the plastic envelope. Then I found three bottle openers and 30 years of Insurance tabs all belong to the same guy. I do have a pretty cool old compass im going to keep in it.

Side note - Does any one else have that A.I.R ?????
i did on my 69 i don't know if its rare or not?? but i read its supposed to help your truck warm up?? anyone know?
1976 Dodge Aspen W/ 225
2000 Toyota Tundra w/4.7
1987 Dodge Ram D-100 w/360
255/70-15
Old 02-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #83
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

I found an old used can of Budweiser in my truck when I got it.

Normally that would be sort of 'ho-hum' compared to the other answers, except my truck had fleetsides and a siren/light bar mounted to the top (I'm pretty sure it was either in the local school district or the fire department)...
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #84
tires2burn

I cut off a cab corner for repair and a 12 ga shell fell out. Cut in half. Since that time I always clean out the cab corner first.
tires2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #85
KrazyRay

I brought home a 69 Chevy truck and found a canister mounted to the engine side of the firewall with a tube going up the steering column. I think it was used as his alcohol dispenser. I guess he didn't want to break the law on open containers
KrazyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #86
crimespree

When i bought my 70 almost a year ago, the p.o. told me that a friend (who had actually worked for my uncle at one time)had given it to him 10 years beforehand. i paid $200 cash for it and it had not even been started since it was given to him. in it i found a new passenger side fender, a rebuilt th350, found out later that the motor had been rebuilt to drag race and was bored .30 over and had all new components. the p.o. had only driven it 300 or so miles before giving it away. also found a letter to my uncle from one of his customers that never got delivered.

1970 CST - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=350091

1979 Yamaha xs650 bobber - sold

2008 Harley Nightster
crimespree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #87
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimespree View Post
When i bought my 70 almost a year ago, the p.o. told me that a friend (who had actually worked for my uncle at one time)had given it to him 10 years beforehand. i paid $200 cash for it and it had not even been started since it was given to him. in it i found a new passenger side fender, a rebuilt th350, found out later that the motor had been rebuilt to drag race and was bored .30 over and had all new components. the p.o. had only driven it 300 or so miles before giving it away. also found a letter to my uncle from one of his customers that never got delivered.
Score!!
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #88
im tha best

When i first got my truck, I cleaning it out and found a old rusted mechete, old oil in the left front fender, engine degreaser (that had not been used at all) in the front right, two different jacks and some old bolts that I have no clue where they go.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #89
jayman68
Fun Stuff

I bought my truck from the PO's wife after he passed. It had been sitting for a while. It had an Olds 425 engine with a broken crank, and several missing parts. In the cab was an old motors manual and a pilot training book. In the bed was a box with some dead kittens. There was other misc. stuff also, but it was awhile ago. Those are what I remember.

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 AM   #90
Leviticus
Shake and Bake!

I haven't found anything too interesting in my 72, but in my 2008 F550 I was wiring in some bed spotlights and found a big bag of condoms stuffed behind the rear seats, then ran in the house and proceeded to wash my hands three time in a row. Then pick it up with a pair of pliers and throw it away lol.

A good story, back when we were kids and smoking bud all the time in my buddies 80's Lincoln station wagon, the one with the fold up seats in the rear. Well we would throw the seeds out the back roll down window and the wagon hadn't been cleaned in a few years with a nice thick layer of dirt.

Well right there out of the rear bumper was growing a pot sprout lol, try explaining that when pulled over.

"You are remembered for the rules you break."
General Douglas MacArthur

"Support Our Troops And The NRA"
Leviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #91
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

In the first truck i ever owned the p.o left behind a bunch of particle board in the bed along with parts he stripped off the motor.The truck didnt run when i bought it.In the cab and behind the seat i found a set of jumper cables,some assorted tools,the owners manual in the glove box along with a bunch of personal and insurance information from the prior owner.Anything else in that particular truck i dont recall and the rest of the trucks ive owned i never really found anything interesting in them.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #92
bucketObolts

Never found anything too crazy like snakes and crackpipes but I did find a rather nice HP laptop and charger under the seat in my c30 about 3 months after it was delivered from Michigan. I was a nice guy about it and told the seller but he already bought a replacement and well...what do you think Im typing on now? I use this one as a garage computer if I get stuck on something with the truck. That way my girlfriend cant yap about me getting our good notebook full of oil and diesel fuel. Ohh yea.. and I find on average, one socket a week that I've previously dropped into the engine bay and forgotten about. Just realized how old this thread is..oh well keep it goin.
bucketObolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 AM   #93
helldiablo

mine is not for the weak at heart, #1. 2 bullet holes one in passengerside below back window, the other through the back window on driverside, (PO killed his wife then himself in the truck) #2 dried blood, skull & brain matter on gas tank and lines, #3 2 empty .45 cal bullet casings(yes a .45 cal tip fits through the hole in passenger side) thats about it no snakes tho.. i can take pics of the bullet hole in the cab(replaced back window), dried blood&skull if you guys like, i left it because it it dosent bother me.. and good conversation topic..
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #94
bucketObolts

Well I'd say helldiablo just about takes the cake. - hope you got a new seat at least!
Posted via Mobile Device
bucketObolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #95
cam.man67

Eww! All I found was a quart of oil behind the seat, a distributor rotor wedged down behind the headlight, written instructions to "block the rear wheels-there's no parking brake!", and a nice pair of vice grips holding the positive battery terminal in place (Score!)
1989 Toyota Pickup 22re, auto, 3.73

Last edited by cam.man67; 04-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.
cam.man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #96
bollybib

AirSpeed : Found this and I have no idea what it is! It's heavy, made of a non magnetic metal, has a red translucent plastic "tip", is 9/16" in diameter and 1 3/4" long, it has no seams in it, does not come apart and it came in a small box with a dense foam form fitting insert. I have shown it to countless people and no one knows what it is. Any of you guys have a clue?
Name:  thing002 resized.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  8.8 KB
Lipstick for a Glamour Truck ? (scratchin' my head about your item here)

I actually saved some of the junk I found, all this and a ton of sunflower seed shells.
Attached Images

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911

Last edited by bollybib; 04-13-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clicked before i was finished last time
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #97
treveiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by helldiablo View Post
mine is not for the weak at heart, #1. 2 bullet holes one in passengerside below back window, the other through the back window on driverside, (PO killed his wife then himself in the truck) #2 dried blood, skull & brain matter on gas tank and lines, #3 2 empty .45 cal bullet casings(yes a .45 cal tip fits through the hole in passenger side) thats about it no snakes tho.. i can take pics of the bullet hole in the cab(replaced back window), dried blood&skull if you guys like, i left it because it it dosent bother me.. and good conversation topic..
Didnt you get the truck for free you just had to clean it up?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #98
SSchevimp

thats crazy helldiablo, where at in NorCal are you from?
I found 5 live blackwidows in my 57.... it was in a barn for 6 years
and in my c10 i found a couple dead rats
96 civic commuter
SSchevimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #99
MedicineMan

When I was 14 my dad and I drug my great grandfather's 68 out of a barn and towed it 300 miles to our house to restore. I found his last Swisher Sweet Cigar in the ash tray. There were .22 casings in the doors and every crack and crevice, and we suddenly had a severe mice problem in our house.

Now I'm 33, and have been slowly re-restoring the truck, again with my dad. We found a pack of Marlboro lights in the box stuffed up under the seat, circa my junior year of high school. Good thing I'm now too big for a whipin!

Last edited by MedicineMan; 04-14-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: spelling
MedicineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #100
helldiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by treveiger View Post
Didnt you get the truck for free you just had to clean it up?
yeah got it for free from PO mother, all i did was get a new seat and replace the back window, i figured he did it so i could have his chevy

SSchevimp, im in oroville now but from chico orignally,